Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Just flew AeroFly FS-2 OMG!

The overstress modeling was tuned down in AEFS2 compared to AEFS, but it's configurable as they once replied when I posted about it at theis forum.

The default aircraft are already very good, but some were even developed by 3pds, like the Corsair.  The tame torque effects can certainly be made a lot more plausible, but overall I liked it, just as I liked every other of the default aircraft.

I look forward for their first helicopter :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Now curious, I went into full research mode on this and don't seem to see any problem with inside loops in the Corsair flight manual under permissible aerobatics, but maybe somebody more technical should take a look. It seems you could possibly do outside, but at the risk of engine damage.

http://www.jasonblair.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Pilots-Manual-for-F4U-Corsair-Aviation-Pubs-1977.pdf

Rolls & Inside loops, No engine cutoff.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I wouldn't expect default aircrafts in a general purpose flight sim to model something as specific as the operation of the fuel system under different g-load conditions, especially for a flight simulator that, for now, does not focus on systems at all.

So judging the quality of its flight models by that specific metric seems very limited.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

The tame torque effects can certainly be made a lot more plausible, but overall I liked it, just as I liked every other of the default aircraft.

Try this for the C172 .tmd (tried in AeroflyFS 1, but should work the same in 2):

Search for "[aerofuselage]", and increase the subsequent [Cly] value to 2.0.

Search for "[stabilizerAero]", and increase the [PropwashPercentage] to 1.0 and the [PropwashRotation] to 0.2.

This way, I get a nice 1/2 ball deflection if climbing without using rudder.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Those 330 videos are nice and very close to the real thing. Reminds me when i used to fly the Sbach300

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I love it on my iPad, thinking of downloading it Tuesday Morning.

One huge thing for me, is it Track IR compatible yet?

Yee Haw, it is, I am going to get it Tuesday morning, maybe even Monday night, whomp Wow!

Aaron Tirrell

I love it on my iPad, thinking of downloading it Tuesday Morning.

One huge thing for me, is it Track IR compatible yet?

Yee Haw, it is, I am going to get it Tuesday morning, maybe even Monday night, whomp Wow!

Hope you like it!

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It is downloading right now, AFS 2 and the other downloads, NE USA and Switzerland, and the free HD.

I love this, and the original on the iPad, and I know it will be so smooth.

I worry not about pushing buttons and switching levers, this will be my purely simple VFR yank and bank FS.

I know I will love it after it downloads of course, it is slow going but will be worth it.

I had never reinstalled Steam after redoing my PC so had to do all that.

Think I will also start messing about with my other Steam games, time to get another wheel and pedals for my car racing games, lost my controls in a fire.

Be watching for a post from me, may be a while.

Will I automatically get the updates from before Christmas with it, or will I need to download them later?

Thanks.

Aaron Tirrell

Try this for the C172 .tmd (tried in AeroflyFS 1, but should work the same in 2):

Search for "[aerofuselage]", and increase the subsequent [Cly] value to 2.0.

Search for "[stabilizerAero]", and increase the [PropwashPercentage] to 1.0 and the [PropwashRotation] to 0.2.

This way, I get a nice 1/2 ball deflection if climbing without using rudder.

Thx Murmur,

I actually tried it with the Cessna in AEFS1, mainly to get rid of some excessive roll instead of yaw that reminded me of the aircraft in X-Plane.

It turns out that from what I remember when I used AEFS2 the C172 didn't have that same tendency.

I miss the SLG of v1, which had the torque and pitching moments just like the real thing ( which I have had the chance to fly IRL, even if not the exact same model portrayed in AEFS1 ).

Looking forward for the effects they stated should be expected with the Q-400 which, as real Q-400 pilot's mention, requires a good deal of rudder trim for each flight phase.... And an helicopter!!!! I want an helicopter !!!!

I will probably install a version of AEFS2 with just Switzerland, and save space for any European sceneries... Will try to install in a PC with a good internet connection ( home internet is lousy here ) nd then port it to home simming rig :-)

A friend from the ELITE Team is also enjoying AEFS2 so, we might expect a driver for ELITE hardware one day :-) My ELITE TQ and GNS/GTN 750 rests unued other than for ELITE v9 since I can't use it with either IL.2 or DCS :_/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Okay, I'm at 13% on the DL, so it will be sometime on the morrow before I get to fly in AS FS 2, but that's okay.

If I can fly with high res textures or photo-real with decent models, stutter free at 60+ FPS I'll be happy as a buttered biscuit in a basket.

Aaron Tirrell