Sign in to follow this  
Stearman

Help with VFR Appalachia, please!

Hi, this is what I'm getting at Cheat River area, after installing Pacific Islands' VFR Appalachia.

Objects (flyable aircraft included) half buried, trees hanging in mid air, water mountains, etc.

Obviously there is something wrong with the mesh or whatever, but I don't know how to fix it.

I'm using FSX Acceleration, and my only other scenery installed so far is Tongass Fjords X, both showing apparently right in the scenery library.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

Hi,

Try adjusting the Mesh Resolution settings in FSX's Display menu.   I'd try increasing first and if no good, try decreasing.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Get FSX Steam Edition, the boxed version is a pile of Cr***p 

As JYW said try to check the mesh and read the manual for your scenery, some ORBX airports do the same if your mesh isn't set properly for that scenery. 

Thanks guys, adjusting the mesh did the trick.

Re Steam Edition, I think there are many add-ons which are not compatible, are they?

Could you briefly sum up what SE improves over the boxed version?

Get FSX Steam Edition, the boxed version is a pile of Cr***p 

As JYW said try to check the mesh and read the manual for your scenery, some ORBX airports do the same if your mesh isn't set properly for that scenery. 

Pleased you got it fixed up :smile:

It's a nice little scenery package, I've owned it for some years but still enjoy flying between the airfields.

Bill

Thanks guys, adjusting the mesh did the trick.

Re Steam Edition, I think there are many add-ons which are not compatible, are they?

Could you briefly sum up what SE improves over the boxed version?

What? All add-ons work on the Steam Edition as it is the same FSX just recompiled with the same tool used to recompile P3D, what is essential is that your register is correct, you can find a FSX REGISTRY FIX tool if you google it. 

Also you relaly need the DX10 FIXER which will make the sim go nearly in par with P3D (once again P3D is FSX Engine... licensed to Lockheed Martin).

The problem with mesh is common, I do scenery and if they are a bit complex with poly that elevation error may appear, you will see that in some complex ORBX Airfields too.

SE handles VAS and OOMs better than the boxed version, some of the old "tweaks" are included. Glad you got the scenery issue sorted out! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Hi Folks,

Could anyone confirm or deny proper operation in P3D ??? I've flown into KHSP in real life - would like to give it a go in the sim...

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

All add-ons work on the Steam Edition as it is the same FSX just recompiled with the same tool used to recompile P3D

That is not true, there are some addons for FSX Boxed that do not work in FSX Steam because Steam is "recompiled".

Not all developers have updated their addons to work in Steam, some never will.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Also you relaly need the DX10 FIXER which will make the sim go nearly in par with P3D (once again P3D is FSX Engine... licensed to Lockheed Martin).

DX10 Fixer?

What if I'm using DX11, which is native to Windows7?

FSX doesn't know about anything beyond DX10 and that was only a preview mode which the Fixer... well, fixes a great deal in the broken flight sim. - wouldn't matter if you had DX25 etc. etc.  :P  I had to explain to the friend who passed on my PC to me when he wouldn't believe that a 10 year old program would bring a 2Gb gfx card and a 3GHz CPU to its knees ;)

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

What? All add-ons work on the Steam Edition as it is the same FSX just recompiled with the same tool used to recompile P3D, what is essential is that your register is correct, you can find a FSX REGISTRY FIX tool if you google it. 

The problem with mesh is common, I do scenery and if they are a bit complex with poly that elevation error may appear, you will see that in some complex ORBX Airfields too.

That's perhaps a little too general a statement - "All FSX addons" don't work with FSX:SE, for examples some avionics packages like the Reality XP 430/530 gauges don't.     But certainly, most FSX addons work with SE; all scenery addons as far as I know and the vast majority of aircraft addons.

Bill