Sign in to follow this  
moyung

Box Edition Release

Hello everyone! As a kind-of old school sim pilot, I always like to have a physically real CD for my aircrafts. My previous PMDG products, the 747 v2, 777 and NGX were all purchased through Aerosoft as the box edition. I would like to ask when will the box edition of the 747 be released?

Thank you for your hard work over the past few years and I'll definitely buy the new QOTS when the box edition is released!

Thank you for your hard work over the past few years and I'll definitely buy the new QOTS when the box edition is released!

The boxed DVD version usually doesn't get released to Aerosoft until the download version has the initial bugs cleaned up, there has been an update following RTM on all products that I'm aware.  After the release has settled down and is unlikely to change will it go to DVD.

Dan Downs KCRP

You can just download the installer when you purchase the aircraft online then make a backup copy of it along with your serial number on a DVD. 

Buy  yourself a USB stick... they are getting bigger and cheaper or a portable external hard drive and use them to back up your purchases. disks are becoming outdated. 

A few words from Aerosoft on a future box release:
http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/119220-pmdg-747v3-box-release/&do=findComment&comment=798112

(I am sure Mathijs is referring to the B744 II/v3)

In addition to what others have said in this topic, should the B744 receive more updates after the box release, the box update process probably will have to be handled by Aerosoft, too, with a possible small delay compared to the availability of an update for direct PMDG download customers.

So, IMO: Get the plane earlier, cut out the middle man (Aerosoft), give the full price to the hard-working people at PMDG (they deserve it!), get your updates easier and quicker, and back up your download yourself.

I've always bought my PMDG products boxed from Aerosoft not only to have the disc but mainly for the manuals and tutorials

Noel Anderson

Sheffield, MA

I've always bought my PMDG products boxed from Aerosoft not only to have the disc but mainly for the manuals and tutorials

I seriously doubt the boxed version will come with any manuals or tutorials not in the download version.

Even purchasers of the boxed version will likely have to download full installers when PMDG issues major revisions.  They will just be from Aerosoft instead of PMDG, and are likely to have some delay.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

this  always  confuses  me  whats the difference on purchasing  a box  version  than  downloading  and   copying  that  to a  disk   than  you  can  put in  a box  and  call it  a box  version :wink:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg