Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

WAMA (Where are my aircraft) released

Can you have different paint schemes of the same model parked together?

Yes

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cool, I do videos and textures for Golden Age Simulations and would hope I could park all the various paint schemes of the same model at one airport together for video. So looks like I can?

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

What if you always start at a new airport?  Or you only fly from one airport (say EGLL) but don't do the return flights, will all of your AI be at the landing airport?   Not sure I understand the point of this one.

Oooh - 3999 posts, I better make the next one gold !

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Not sure I understand the point of this one.

2 things I think - 

1 - Photo opportunities.

2 - People like me who fly programs like Air Hauler, where we park and fly missions out of one particular base of operations. Personally I would love to park my aircraft next to the rest of my custom painted fleet when returning from a job. I spent hard-earned money buying those aircraft within Air Hauler - excited to see them waiting for me when I return home.

Unfortunately it won't register when my hired pilots move the aircraft. Hmmm.

Unfortunately it won't register when my hired pilots move the aircraft. Hmmm.

Hi BB,

I don't have AH2 so I am just guessing. Isn't that feature (other crews taking aircraft out) something that only happens internally in AH? Or can you actually see those aircraft flying around in the sim?

Generally speaking, such a feature is of course possible. It is basically what my AiTracker X is doing, it lets you create any aircraft model that you have as AI and pass along a flightplan. So you could make your other AH aircraft do in the sim what they are doing virtually in AH - but it is up to you, I'm not sure that it could be done automatically (I would have to take a look at AH2, if it is accessible in some way, like automatically generated flightplans etc.) And I would have to add a bit of code to the WAMA app, to handle an aircraft being created as AI that is present in the database too.

A simpler solution would be to add a feature to WAMA that temporarily disables database entries, but does not remove them. So you could turn aircraft models on/off manually, without losing that parking position.

But TBCH, this is somthing that AH2 should do on its own. AFAIK it is connected to the sim already all the time, so AI traffic handling would be a logical addition.

LORBY-SI

Isn't that feature (other crews taking aircraft out) something that only happens internally in AH? Or can you actually see those aircraft flying around in the sim?

It is indeed handled internally within AH2. You cannot see the planes flying. In fact, they will fly even when AH2 and the sim are closed. Your pilots (assuming you can afford to pay them) will fly based on routes set for them, or on specific flights assigned to them. They will fly default or 3rd party aircraft that you can afford to purchase within AH2.

I would absolutely love to know how to get these 2 addons working together. I envision being able to claim specific parking places at a given airport by barring AI from using them, basically claiming an entire section of the property.

As far as I know this kind of feature is not on Slopey's to-do list. 

Do yourself a favor and get AH2. It's very deep and gives you more reasons to fly. Scroll down and expand the detailed description here - AH2 Product Page

Thanks for your feedback!

What if you always start at a new airport?  Or you only fly from one airport (say EGLL) but don't do the return flights, will all of your AI be at the landing airport?

Yes, if it is useful to you depends of "your style of flying".

I generally fly in germany or nearby europe. Mainly from and into my hometown airport(s). And I have a base for "historical aircrafts" (A2A) in Salzburg, where they are all parked now at the Red Bull hangar (not enough space unfortunatelly for a Connie AND a B-17 and all the small warbirds ;) )

Flying around the world on every kontinent or just using a single plane doesn't need WAMA, as you have then rare occasions to see your planes.

Guenter Steiner

It is indeed handled internally within AH2. You cannot see the planes flying. In fact, they will fly even when AH2 and the sim are closed. Your pilots (assuming you can afford to pay them) will fly based on routes set for them, or on specific flights assigned to them. They will fly default or 3rd party aircraft that you can afford to purchase within AH2.

I would absolutely love to know how to get these 2 addons working together. I envision being able to claim specific parking places at a given airport by barring AI from using them, basically claiming an entire section of the property.

As far as I know this kind of feature is not on Slopey's to-do list. 

Do yourself a favor and get AH2. It's very deep and gives you more reasons to fly. Scroll down and expand the detailed description here - AH2 Product Page

Thanks for your feedback!

- Reserving parking space

WAMA does this already to avoid AI being created on an space where you parked your own aircraft. This brings me back to the idea of disabled database entries. Imagine a dialog where you can decide which one of your fleet is currently en route with AH2 - and you uncheck it. So the space is empty, but no AI will be created there either. When the aircraft is back in AH, you re-activate it in the database and the model reappears. This would be relatively easy to implement. Feel free to send me a PM either here or with the contact form on my website, to see if something can be figured out.

-Getting AH2

TBH, I don't have the time to use something like that. My flying time is limited to at most 2 hours per week, due to work. I could get AH2 to look at the possibilities of programmatic interaction with WAMA and/or AITX, but I feel like that would be stepping on the AH developers' toes. From my experience with my own addons, I would say that adding full AI capability to AH should be relatively easy. While probably not perfect, IMHO it would add to the immersion factor of AH.

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Günter & Oliver,

I like your lateral thinking of tying up the loose ends of actual sims, AI aircraft and Google Earth to produce a more comprehensive immersion. I think that you need to learn more about potentially related software such as AH2 to be able to more accurately position your product.

As a B777 flyer who only flies round trips, though, it's not a product for me.

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

- Reserving parking space

WAMA does this already to avoid AI being created on an space where you parked your own aircraft. This brings me back to the idea of disabled database entries. Imagine a dialog where you can decide which one of your fleet is currently en route with AH2 - and you uncheck it. So the space is empty, but no AI will be created there either. When the aircraft is back in AH, you re-activate it in the database and the model reappears. This would be relatively easy to implement. Feel free to send me a PM either here or with the contact form on my website, to see if something can be figured out.

-Getting AH2

TBH, I don't have the time to use something like that. My flying time is limited to at most 2 hours per week, due to work. I could get AH2 to look at the possibilities of programmatic interaction with WAMA and/or AITX, but I feel like that would be stepping on the AH developers' toes. From my experience with my own addons, I would say that adding full AI capability to AH should be relatively easy. While probably not perfect, IMHO it would add to the immersion factor of AH.

Thanks much - I will probably contact you after playing around with WAMA for a bit. I am mostly excited about seeing my fleet at KPSP every time I depart or land. Once I get that sorted I will start thinking about how to connect my hired pilots' flights.

And I completely understand about not having enough time to sim. I squeeze in about 6 hours per week of flying at night before bed, in between a 60+ hr/day job and 2 kids under the age of 4. I go to P3D for some zen. Of course the weather on the west coast has been abnormally wet lately, and I bare-knuckled an approach at Catalina Island last night - and crashed my A2A Comanche. Not all that relaxing. :P

This is really cool!  But some questions:

• Does it do it by livery?  I'm guessing the answer is yes.
  • If I load a flight from KSBA but the livery is in KPRB I'm guessing it disappears from KPRB as it should. 
  • If the sim crashes mid-flight does it show up back where I took off?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Yes

Yes

Yes (depends if you or WAMA autosave have saved it at this departure airport. Otherwise its where you have the last time saved it. Generally all saves and operations during flight doesn't touch the WAMA database)

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner

Yes (depends if you or WAMA autosave have saved it at this departure airport. Otherwise its where you have the last time saved it. Generally all saves and operations during flight doesn't touch the WAMA database)

I bought it.  I'll try it out.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I bought and it does not work. It will not connect to P3D.

Update: My mistake,,,had to reinstall simconnects and reboot pc,,,now works.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png