Sign in to follow this  
Berike

What is the best EGLL for P3D v3

Also one thing to note with AS Heathrow is often when I'm facing away from the airport and turn back the textures and traffic have gone black and have to wait for a few seconds for them to return to normal, this is the only apart from DD's EPWA that it happens with.

That also happens on my PC. I had assumed that this would be sorted out if I had a graphics card with more VRAM, so I would be interested to know what card you use.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

That also happens on my PC. I had assumed that this would be sorted out if I had a graphics card with more VRAM, so I would be interested to know what card you use.

I think this is more about how the scenery was designed rather than VRAM. I've seen this especially with DD airports and also when having lots of VRAM left.

And edited to add with DD airports I'm not talking about Digital Design but about Drzewiecki Design which I these days wouldn't even touch with gloves on my hands after seeing a couple of too many arrogant comments from the developer over in his/their forum.

Richard Åsberg

I am running 1080's in SLI.

Exactly...a 1080 with 8 GB of VRAM so certainly the black textures after you turned your head away for a bit is nothing you could fix by getting a graphics card with more VRAM.

Insufficient VRAM isn't the culprit.

Richard Åsberg

Exactly...a 1080 with 8 GB of VRAM so certainly the black textures after you turned your head away for a bit is nothing you could fix by getting a graphics card with more VRAM.

Insufficient VRAM isn't the culprit.

I think you're correct. I seem to remember reading something that they did it that way to increase performance.

NAX669.png

OK,

I have UK2000 EGLL working comparable to AS EGLL. What I have to do is once the aircraft and the scenery load, I have to go to an outside view and do a 360 around the aircraft. Once I do that then the frame rates are where they should be. I'll be using the UK2000 now as the texture loading with the Aerosoft scenery drives me nuts. Thanks everyone for your help.

NAX669.png

I think you're correct. I seem to remember reading something that they did it that way to increase performance.

Yeah, I think I've heard that explanation as well but that makes me wonder how all other airport scenery developers manages to produce gorgeous airports with great both FPS and a low VAS footprint without making objects in the scenery turn black as soon as you turn your back on them.

Richard Åsberg

I have Aerosoft's Mega EGLL. Cannot recommend it. Issues with textures bleeding through on the ground. I am not alone on this as per posts on their forum. Does not affect everyone but affects enough people. No support offered on a solution to fix it either.

Apparently turning off Vector completely will fix the issue but that quite simply is NOT a solution.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Whatever EGLL you use, turn off the ORBX region for England when doing tubeliner flights. The regions look great but are big VAS guzzlers. I use Simstarter to give me an option with regions on or regions off. With Europe LC and FTX global there's plenty of detail. Test this, I see a 300 to 400 MB difference with regions off. I use Vector but with absolutely minimalist settings.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

how to you setup FTX England with UK2000 EGLL?

I see two runways, lights etc

You need to disable the FTX England version of EGLL. I do not have the product, but it should be located in the ORBx/FTX_EU/FTX_EU_ENG....../Scenery folder. Look for files that have "EGLL" in the name.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I did some more thorough comparison tests recently. On my system, with otherwise exactly the same settings for everything, UK2000 EGLL starts out dismally slow. Around 12 fps. It works up slowly over time to get to an eventual satisfactory 22/23 fps with an occasional 33 fps. (My tests a done with the user aircraft circling in a 360 so all views are encompassed).

AS EGLL, it is the other way around, almost. It starts off at around 30 fps or even better, and gradually slows down to an eventual 18-20, with again a few very short excursions into better rates.

The VAS usage for me is so similar as to be not worth worrying about -- a fairly constant 1509 VAS free (1050 max block) for UK2K and 1473 (1089) for AS.

Really, with this being the case, UK2000 EGLL is best for departures (assuming you start cold, so you are at the airport for a while before moving), whilst AS EGLL is much better for arrivals. A drop to 12 fps when on approach to EGLL, along with stutters whilst it all gets drawn and populated (remembering I like plenty of AI) is very irritating and not conducive to a good landing.

And things can only get worse when update my screen to 4K resolution from the 1080p I currently use.

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I did some more thorough comparison tests recently. On my system, with otherwise exactly the same settings for everything, UK2000 EGLL starts out dismally slow. Around 12 fps. It works up slowly over time to get to an eventual satisfactory 22/23 fps with an occasional 33 fps. (My tests a done with the user aircraft circling in a 360 so all views are encompassed).

AS EGLL, it is the other way around, almost. It starts off at around 30 fps or even better, and gradually slows down to an eventual 18-20, with again a few very short excursions into better rates.

The VAS usage for me is so similar as to be not worth worrying about -- a fairly constant 1509 VAS free (1050 max block) for UK2K and 1473 (1089) for AS.

Really, with this being the case, UK2000 EGLL is best for departures (assuming you start cold, so you are at the airport for a while before moving), whilst AS EGLL is much better for arrivals. A drop to 12 fps when on approach to EGLL, along with stutters whilst it all gets drawn and populated (remembering I like plenty of AI) is very irritating and not conducive to a good landing.

And things can only get worse when update my screen to 4K resolution from the 1080p I currently use.

Regards

Pete

First of all, thanks for making FSUIPC and all amazing work!

I'm using your latest version 4.962a, 99% of my time I fly airliners and I'm trying to make the route EGLL (UK2000) to EHAM (FlyTampa), my average VAS usage is 3.3gb - 3.8gb, using the new PMDG 747-400 and 

My addons and settings:

FTX Global

FTX Vector (only using Highways, Primary Roads and Railways)

ORBX OpenLC Europe

ORBX FTX EU England

AS16 set to realism mode

REX4 (everything set to 1024 texture)

ChasePlane

FSFX Base package

FSDT GSX

P3D v3.4.22 hotfix3

Graphics

Res: 1080p

FXAA: Off

MSAA: 4 Samples

Texture Filtering: 16x

Texture Resolution: 1024x1024

Scenery:

Terrain:

Load of detail radius: High

Tessellation factor: Ultra

Mesh resolution: 5m

Texture resolution: 30cm

Land detail textures: ON

Water and Bathymetry

Water Deail: Ultra

Reflections: User vehicle, Terrain, Buildings

Scenery objetcs:

Scenery complexity: Dense

Autogen vegetation: Dense

Autogen building: Normal

Special Effects: 

Special Effects detail: High

Special effects distance: high

Lightning:

Lightning:

HDR: ON

Dynamic reflection: Low

Shadows:

Shadow quality: Medium

Terrain Shadow cast: 0m

Cloud shadow cast distance: 30.000m

object shadow cast distance: 6.000m

Weather:

Cloud draw distance: 90 mi

cloud coverage density: Maximum (requested by AS16 realism mode) 

Traffic:

Everything off because I only fly using IVAO, so no need for air traffic

I really want to know the magic people do to have 1.5gb VAS Free, because I still get OOM sometimes even before takeoff, approach.

My specs:

i7 7700k @ 5Ghz, EVGA GTX 1080 Classified @2050mhz and 5500mhz vram, 32gb of GSKill Trident Z 4266mhz, Samsung EVO 850 SSD.

right now, doing the route GORL3V GORLO UL980 XAMAN L980 LOGAN LAM3A when at FL100, at LAM I got OOM

right now, doing the route GORL3V GORLO UL980 XAMAN L980 LOGAN LAM3A when at FL100, at LAM I got OOM

I really feel for you and especially having such a great computer and still you have your fun spoiled due to these notorious VAS issues...such a shame!

I'm repeating myself from other threads but if you can't find another solution and you have the chance to try P3D v3.3.5 or even better v3.2.3 that would be my best advice for you until a 64-bit version of P3D is available.

Richard Åsberg