Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Insufficient Fuel message

PFPX. I let PFPX do it's thing and add 30mins of extra fuel. This is what I've always done for the NGX and without problems, but I checked the NGX and it does the same as the 747v3.

Yes, just like me, possibly the sum you are doing for the reserves is wrong. You can check the values in the PFPX and enter the final value, i never had an issue regarding this (only before enter wind data, when there are strong tailwinds (fmc doesn't take that on the account if you don't enter the leg wind data))

Yes, just like me, possibly the sum you are doing for the reserves is wrong. You can check the values in the PFPX and enter the final value, i never had an issue regarding this (only before enter wind data, when there are strong tailwinds (fmc doesn't take that on the account if you don't enter the leg wind data))

I'm not even sure if the calculation I'm using is actually right. How do you do it? Then I know I'm using the right vallues.

Cheers!

Maarten

Anybody know what may be causing this?

This usually means that the interaction between the sim and AS is not configured properly.

I explain how I set it up in the 777 Tutorial #1.5.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm not even sure if the calculation I'm using is actually right. How do you do it? Then I know I'm using the right vallues

In case of using the European fuel policy, what you will add to the fmc reserve fuel value is -> Final reserve + alternate + holding fuel + extra fuel

You do not necessarily need CREATE AND LOAD TO FSX if you load the same flightplan in AS2016 or ASN. Active Sky reads standard FS flightplans. Instruct your flight planner to export one in FS format too. This, by the way, also enables DES FORECAST.

PS. Read also what Kyle suggested above

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

You do not necessarily need CREATE AND LOAD TO FSX if you load the same flightplan in AS2016 or ASN. Active Sky reads standard FS flightplans. Instruct your flight planner to export one in FS format too. This, by the way, also enables DES FORECAST.

PS. Read also what Kyle suggested above

You don't have to, but if you do AS16 or ASN will load the flight plan for you. Saves you loading it twice.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I explain how I set it up in the 777 Tutorial #1.5.

I tried it and when entering the reserves value, I got the message, but then I loaded the wind alloft data and cleared the message and it was gone! It seems to be working properly now.

In case of using the European fuel policy, what you will add to the fmc reserve fuel value is -> Final reserve + alternate + holding fuel + extra fuel

Thanks, That are 2 more weights than what I used to do. I even got at 17.0 but with the ASN/AS16 settings changed, it was all fine.

Thanks for the help, everyone! :D

Cheers!

Maarten

I've seen this happen when my destination's approach procedure contained a missed approach procedure which was a heading and altitude only; no holding pattern.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS