Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

The setup is a little less than fool proof but I see lots of potential... i guess...

I'm not getting any aircraft injection- everything is green in PSXseecon, the status says "waiting for QNH at JFK" and the RealTraffic utility shows NO TRAFFIC in red. 

I guess I'm in the UAC mode since I'm in my "user aircraft" - the manual says it queries metars found online every 10 minutes. So should I wait 10 minutes? 

Any ideas?

Yeah, still waiting on QNH

Ensure that both RealTraffic and PSXseeconTraffic are both running.  Click on the "C" in the upper left hand side of the PSXseeconTraffic UI and it will change from PSX mode to something else and close.  Start your sim and restart PSXseeconTraffic and ensure that show GND and AIR traffic are selected in the RealTraffic app and leave "Auto Select GND\AIR TFC" unchecked.

Do you need to mess with simmconnect anything if you are using the PSXseecon on the same machine as P3D?

No, not needed and version 5.1 has a renamed SimConnect file so you don't have to worry about any interference. 

\Robert Hamlich/

Do you need to mess with simmconnect anything if you are using the PSXseecon on the same machine as P3D?

No.

See 5.1 Manual section 3.2. Only if you are running PSXseeconTraffic at another PC then the one running P3D.

I'm not getting any aircraft injection- everything is green in PSXseecon, the status says "waiting for QNH at JFK" and the RealTraffic utility shows NO TRAFFIC in red. 

can happen. Try another airport to start with first, just to see if you get it up and running.

OP says it's not tested in FSX. Any brave souls tried it for FSX:SE or even just boxed? Wanna know if there are any guinea pigs out there before I drop $10, as cheap as it is.

OP says it's not tested in FSX. Any brave souls tried it for FSX:SE or even just boxed? Wanna know if there are any guinea pigs out there before I drop $10, as cheap as it is.

FSX is not (yet?) supported, program detects P3D only. So I would not do it.

Nico

Robert,

Do you run both apps flawlessly on Win7 x64 as per your signature?

Hi Roland, sorry, I'm on Win10 now... need to change my sig.  Wish I did and that it was working well on Win7.  Hopefully the Win7 issue will be resolved.

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest Mik75

I don't have an up to date AI traffic program. I fly online 95%, and I use the excellent IVAO MTL.

I still have MyTraffic 2013 on an external HDD. Would the live traffic work with this addon?

The idea is just brilliant, and I would love to give it a try.

Thanks Robert.

I think it's important to know that the issue is on all W7 systems, and not only on some specific ones.

Someone early on in this post said they had it running on Win 7 - 64bit......so not convinced it is on all systems.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Ensure that both RealTraffic and PSXseeconTraffic are both running.  Click on the "C" in the upper left hand side of the PSXseeconTraffic UI and it will change from PSX mode to something else and close.  Start your sim and restart PSXseeconTraffic and ensure that show GND and AIR traffic are selected in the RealTraffic app and leave "Auto Select GND\AIR TFC" unchecked.

No, not needed and version 5.1 has a renamed SimConnect file so you don't have to worry about any interference. 

Thanks! I had to reenter my serial and then it finally allowed connections to be made with PSXseecon. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

I don't have an up to date AI traffic program. I fly online 95%, and I use the excellent IVAO MTL.

I still have MyTraffic 2013 on an external HDD. Would the live traffic work with this addon?

The idea is just brilliant, and I would love to give it a try.

PSXseeconTraffic works with IVAO_MTL, no problem!

Just make sure the IVAO_MTL liveries are in a folder named IVAO_MTL. Add a full path name to it in VMRGenerator (if not yet detected) and generate the AI_liveries.txt file, see the manual section 3.1.

Uninstall MyTraffic 2013.

Nico

Guest Mik75

Just make sure the IVAO_MTL liveries are in a folder named IVAO_MTL. Add a full path name to it in VMRGenerator (if not yet detected) and generate the AI_liveries.txt file, see the manual section 3.1.

Nico

Thanks a lot! I'll give it a try later today.

Can this be used on Vatsim? Would this injected traffic appear on the Controller's radar in addition to the Vatsim traffic? - Thinking that during a busy event  it would be difficult to distinguish between the two types and could suddenly see aircrafts clashing with each other, etc.Will be getting this for offline testing meanwhile. Feedback appreciated.

Regards

Hey Rob...yes, I tried both machines.  I have the same results with both unfortunately.  :sad:

I do have 61259 installed on both machines.  I also have 61242 and 60905 which are the RTM and SP1 versions.

Do you have this file at your PC (a dynamic link library)?

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ws2_32.dll

Nico

Guest Mik75

Nico

Hi there!

I am trying to set things up for P3D.

I´ve created the files and bought a license (don´t know where to enter it though), the program connects to P3D, the firewall lets it through, but it shows this yellow text, and nothing else happens anymore...

EDIT:

It works like a charm!

I had to configure the firewall for the main program as well!

I use Win7 64 bit, and I see no problems!

Although I see a bit of mismatching traffic (a LAM Airlines Q400 from Mozambique at EDDH, american JetBlue A320 at EDDH, etc.)

At EDDF, it seems better. But still, there are some cargo planes at the heavy pax gates, and small regional jets and turbo props from south Africa or south America.

And the amount of traffic is insane! WOW!

The fps hit seems rather small!

dgpfukslzndewskqo.jpg