Sign in to follow this  
Humberside

Bizjet

I have to say, though...the Mustang is a frigging steal at 32.99.  Nice G1000, Navigraph, beautiful FADEC, nice sounds.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

XtremeLabs Lear here.

Beautiful, fast and outstanding VC.

Love it.

Mark

I second the XL Lear25 & definitely agree re the VC.

Recently flew it across the pond to Norway via Greenland & Iceland. Unfortunately can't do it in one hop but is a great aircraft. 

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

I"ve said it in all these kinds of threads, the above suggestions are all great choices.  Permit me to offer one a little more outside of the box.  If your intention is to travel far, fast, and get into reasonably small runways...ie under 3000', consider the A2A Civil P-51 w accusim & GTN650 or RXP430.  The P-51 will get you across the pond with stops in Gander and Iceland, it is as fast as the straight wing Citations, and with a proficient pilot at the controls, will get you in and out of 2500-3000'.  

I say 'proficient' pilot, because it is a plane that lets you know it is a very high performance machine and requires you be on the ball.  It will bite you hard if you get lazy.  Unlike a lot of simulated "high performance airplanes", many of which are very very nice otherwise, but don't quite convey the realistic sense of this high performance beast will kill you if you aren't on your on the ball, not like they do in real life anyway.  The Civil P-51 does convey that message, very well I might add....for example, take your head off the runway for a second during takeoff and you'll find yourself headed toward the weeds in a hurry lol.  Likewise, landing in a crosswind, you have to be on your airspeeds like a hawk, while doing the taildragger rudder dance if you don't want to groundloop...granted it isn't as hard to land in X-Wind as the T-6 IMO.  Along with that sense of really flying a 'beast', if you do it well, it is very rewarding.

A few weeks ago, I flew the Civil P-51 into Telluride KTEX, at night on an RNAV approach in IMC....AP off of course :P (sure you can do it with AP on, but where is the fun in that?...why be the passenger when you can be the pilot lol, I mean if you owned a Jaguar XKE, would you drive around with the cruise control on all the time? :Big Grin: )....do you know how hard it is to spot runway lights in dark IMC when there is a big black nose sticking out the front of the airplane?  You have to keep the plane fast enough so the nose is reasonably low...so you can see....then when you do see the runway lights...slow the damn thing down and try not to run off the other end of the runway lol.  I made it, the landing wasn't the prettiest, but boy, it was sure exciting! :)

Anyway, the Civ Mustang is just another idea for the pot, a challenging one if you like challenges.  That and the roar of a V-12 sounds a lot better than the little hair dryer engines of the Citation.  (j/k, the F1 Citation Mustang is an excellent choice too)

Cheers
TJ

One Business Jet that can definitely make it across the pond, is the Boeing 737 BBJ, and you get a variety of them in the iFly 737 NGs package, as well as the 600, 700, 800, 900, and the ER variants. It's a bargain when you consider how many variants you get for that price. Runs well on fairly modest systems too.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Lots of assumptions going on.  I've put in about 12 months of work on this addon thus far... not that anything you've brought up indicate absolutely anything about my time involved... but hey... you're all the experts... not like I know what I'm up to or anything.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Lots of assumptions going on.  I've put in about 12 months of work on this addon thus far... not that anything you've brought up indicate absolutely anything about my time involved... but hey... you're all the experts... not like I know what I'm up to or anything.

Not sure why our claim seems to bother you so much, Ed.  For the life of me, I can't find anything here that refers to the amount of time you have worked on the XLS+.  I have simply stated (and proven) that Eaglesoft Development Group has been developing the XLS+ for years.  One of Eaglesoft's own developers claims he has been working on it since 2013.  Personally I have grown weary of any claims from ESDG and if you are now their "spokesperson" , my fears  may be justified.   :Worried:

WAT1460.png

Not certain where you get this from... I've not even made it a full year yet... but hey... maybe you know something I don't?? LOL

We were just responding to your comment from earlier, highlighting the timeline that didn't align with your remark. That's ok, right? To offer comments that may not align with your comments and then provide our data to support those remarks?

We can do that on Avsim, right?

• Upvote 2

Lesse... modeler was working on it before Eaglesoft was involved... that's the guy who's been working on it since 2013 and he wasn't involved with Eaglesoft at all for a great deal of that time.  Think we'll give Eaglesoft a pass on that time... 

I guess from my point of view the project hasn't been "in development" as long as it has to you... so I point it out.  Then the fight ensues.  Whee!  Feel better now?  I put a video out Dec of 2015, that's just over a year... and that was where I did a first pass on avionics installation.  The actual avionics code was already in existence and thus was just being plugged into the VC.  I had just started modifying the Pro Line 21 to be XLS+ specific at this point as it was currently set up for a CJ1+.

Here's the video... check the date: 

The phrase you used was "several years" which typically implies not less than 3 to most, though I could be wrong.  So I see a different timeline... and I'll state in my defense... I have nothing to do with Facebook... never have, never will... so I honestly am not aware of when Ron started posting things there.

Question is... why is it a fight for me to see a different timeline and say so?  Or is it just a fight because it's me saying something?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Question is... why is it a fight for me to see a different timeline and say so?  Or is it just a fight because it's me saying something?

I assume becuse we're talking from potential customer perspective. I don't really care how much time you devote or devoted in last 3 years to the project. It was announced years ago, so as potential customers we wait several years. Given the past experiences, wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait another year or two. 

Nothing against you personally or Eaglesoft for that matter. Thanks for doing what you do, it's just that we DO indeed wait for quite a bit. 

As for actual topic at hand:

XtremePrototypes Lear 25D. Amazing VC, good frames, I think almost every switch animated and functional. Regardless if you have GTN or not, it's still perfectly flyable. 

Just one tip - read the manual. Especially part about correct installation which might save you from tons of frustration. 

• Upvote 1

Sir, you are a developer.  I am a consumer.  You put your heart and soul into code to create.  I put my hard earned money into your product(s) to learn and satisfy my love of aviation.  We have separate goals in this community forum.  I state my opinions to fellow simmers with a common interest.

For some reason (unknown to me),  you have chosen to escalate this simple thread into "some type" of "I KNOW MORE THAN YOU" battle .  What have you contributed to this OP's request other than stirring up dander ?  

I am exiting my concern from this discussion and I recommend you follow suit .  Have a great day ! 

• Upvote 2

WAT1460.png