Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Al

PMDG 747-400 Tutorials

Greetings Fellow Pilots:

For anyone who might be interested, I have recently started a video tutorial blog called Training Tips at subsonicflighttraining.com for the 747-400 and the 747-8 (when released). I have been using iFly 747-400, but will be switching to the PMDG version 2 because of its higher fidelity. 

Like flightdeck2sim.com on the 737, my intent is to use my almost 30 years on the 747-400 as a Captain Instructor Pilot, Check Airmen, and FAA Examiner to highlight some real world procedures and knowledge to assist the flight simmer in enhancing their ability to explore and most importantly have fun with a sophisticated software replication of the iconic whale or queen of the skies, if you prefer.

Planned areas of coverage right now are jet basics, but will branch into procedures of normal, non-normals, and line flights. So I invite you to subscribe and your feedback is highly appreciated. Any areas you would like to see for future video blogs, please don't hesitate to give me your request. 

Personally, as I am entering the twilight of my career, I look forward to joining the VATSIM network and doing some virtual trips. Boy, if I was a young kid again and had all this available to me, I could have been so highly prepared and even more engaged than I was. All I ever had was a aviation pen radio with a headset and a small tuning knob and a little antenna to listen to ATC frequencies standing by an airport fence next to my bike. Now you do this with ease on your phone with an app. Amazing...

• Upvote 4

Thank you for your contribution Captain Al, this is exactly what makes this hobby so great for those of us who didn't get to fly these magnificient machines in real life!

Cheers,

23.png

Nice webpage and initial information. Thanks.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers