Sign in to follow this  
Novation

X-Plane PB13 Released

Since updating to pb13, I now get a crash to desktop every time I try to enter the settings menu. This occurs when click on settings both from the main menu, or in the 'new flight' screen, and also in-game. I can change aircraft, airport etc but as soon as I click on the settings icon it crashes every time (I have tried at leas 15 times so it is not a one off). I filed a report. I can fly but just can't change any settings at all such as graphics or controls. For the life of me, I can't figure out what's causing this and have't seen anyone else with the issue. I have Xenviro installed and Xcamera but no other plugins that I am aware of. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

I read somewhere and tried this and it worked with SkyMaxxPro.  You are probably running it (called silver lining in the plug-in file) in XP-10, if you have that.  Just go in to XP-10 and make sure that the RWC is set for Auto (top category) and that the bottom block is unchecked (only one check on the entire page).  Shut down and delete "Silver Lining" from your XP-11 plug-in file and copy the "Silver Lining" from your XP-10 and paste it into your XP-11.  Worked for me.

John

John Wingold

6 hours ago, steve310002 said:

Since updating to pb13, I now get a crash to desktop every time I try to enter the settings menu. This occurs when click on settings both from the main menu, or in the 'new flight' screen, and also in-game. I can change aircraft, airport etc but as soon as I click on the settings icon it crashes every time (I have tried at leas 15 times so it is not a one off). I filed a report. I can fly but just can't change any settings at all such as graphics or controls. For the life of me, I can't figure out what's causing this and have't seen anyone else with the issue. I have Xenviro installed and Xcamera but no other plugins that I am aware of. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Try deleting this file and let X-Plane rebuild it on next startup:

/Output/preferences/X-plane.prf.

That's usually a good first step to try, and it won't touch your current joystick settings. If that doesn't help, you could try deleting your joystick settings file in that same directory (make a backup in case that doesn't work).

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

14 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

Try deleting this file and let X-Plane rebuild it on next startup:

/Output/preferences/X-plane.prf.

That's usually a good first step to try, and it won't touch your current joystick settings. If that doesn't help, you could try deleting your joystick settings file in that same directory (make a backup in case that doesn't work).

Just tried deleting the file you suggested and unfortunately it didn't work. Its really bizarre. Not sure what else I can do.

Did you try removing the plug-ins?  Since XP11 is still in beta, it's a good idea to run it "clean" because of how easily things can break from one version to the next.

18 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

Did you try removing the plug-ins?  Since XP11 is still in beta, it's a good idea to run it "clean" because of how easily things can break from one version to the next.

I will take a look at my plugins again this evening and try removing anything other than Xenviro (since it cost 70 quid). I think though I only have Xcamera installed apart from Xenviro. A bit surprised this isn't happening to anyone else on the forums as its a pretty weird thing to happen from just clicking on settings. 

Since the update I haven't had problems with getting jets up and running from Cold and Dark.  However, I have run into pressurization issues during cruise!  It has happened with Flight Factor and Jardesign birds, all with auto pressurization.  But, X-Craft E-195 is working fine.  Haven't read that others are having the problem so I'm at a loss...

1 hour ago, Cjr60611 said:

Since the update I haven't had problems with getting jets up and running from Cold and Dark.  However, I have run into pressurization issues during cruise!  It has happened with Flight Factor and Jardesign birds, all with auto pressurization.  But, X-Craft E-195 is working fine.  Haven't read that others are having the problem so I'm at a loss...

Fixed.  Had to go into Plane Maker and change the settings for those planes.  E195 setting was already corrected.

9 hours ago, Cjr60611 said:

Fixed.  Had to go into Plane Maker and change the settings for those planes.  E195 setting was already corrected.

Can you share what you changed as it may help others

• Upvote 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

10 hours ago, Richdem said:

Can you share what you changed as it may help others

I wholeheartedly second that request.  I bounce back and forth between here and the org, and I see similar postings of people who claim to have fixed some payware aircraft.  

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I think  in  Plane maker , Standards , engine spec  and adjust  the low idle fuel to  positive numbers (  eg. 1. 6 )   you have to try  what's best for you

In planemaker you can also set some pressurization parameters, like an automatic pressurization, which should take care of the issue. Don´t always expect to be spoonfed, just fire up planemaker, load the aircraft and snoop around a bit in the settings - if you can browse over here and post, you can also work planemaker. And who knows, you may learn something in the process :happy:.

Jan

2 hours ago, Janov said:

In planemaker you can also set some pressurization parameters, like an automatic pressurization, which should take care of the issue. Don´t always expect to be spoonfed, just fire up planemaker, load the aircraft and snoop around a bit in the settings - if you can browse over here and post, you can also work planemaker. And who knows, you may learn something in the process :happy:.

Jan

It is so nice to come here get such a great sense of community.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

On 03/03/2017 at 8:19 AM, steve310002 said:

I will take a look at my plugins again this evening and try removing anything other than Xenviro (since it cost 70 quid). I think though I only have Xcamera installed apart from Xenviro. A bit surprised this isn't happening to anyone else on the forums as its a pretty weird thing to happen from just clicking on settings. 

I still recommend a clean install just to rule out third-party software as the problem. 

11 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

I still recommend a clean install just to rule out third-party software as the problem. 

After playing around with it this weekend and updating my drivers with still no luck, I think reinstalling may be the only option. I just hope I won't have problems with the Xenviro DRM when reinstalling. I recently got a new PC and already had issues with that.