Novation

X-Plane PB13 Released

Lets hope number 13 is not unlucky for some :huh:

I've not seen the release notes, but have gone for it anyway.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I haven't done any real testing, but I just loaded the Carenado PC-12 in pb13 and used it for that quick screen shot of the SkyMaxx Pro stratiform layer in the other thread. The engine worked fine on a "start with engine running" flight and in cruise. I didn't try a cold start, or test with any other planes yet.

Tested the Carenado B90 and it seems to work just fine.

Started from cold and dark and flew around a bit.

No change in the graphics issues, such as banding and glowing trees, but performance seems huge so far. I don't do formal testing, but areas that lagged seems to be running very smoothly thus far.

Regardless things are good here, with no unwanted side effects at the moment.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Novation said:

No change in the graphics issues, such as banding and glowing trees, but performance seems huge so far. I don't do formal testing, but areas that lagged seems to be running very smoothly thus far.

Regardless things are good here, with no unwanted side effects at the moment.

Thanks interesting info

I feel performance has increased, i made a Race course helipad which exists in real in Bombay and I have the fence and the floodlights on my 2nd gen laptop i am getting 20 with objects to High using Orhto Z17 of course reflections to min no shadows and no clouds in the Dream foil R22 and its flyable except the occasional stuttering as my CPU reaches a 100 deg and has to throttle to 800 Mhz it could be the heat in Bombay , also the heli feels different ?

I have to use F2 to throttle and then use the collective and don't remember this being the case in the previous Betas.

Just saw an error message saying the XP11.prf could not be save to "users/zulfiqar/Appdata/Local/X-plane_drm_11.prf" anyone ?

Just a few quick tests for different engine types (no cold starts).

Turboprops (all PT-6) -- the Carenado PC-12, Carenado C208B, RWDesigns DHC-6, and Bell 412 all load okay with engines running. No long term flight tests yet.

Piston props -- The Carenado Aero Commander still has the engines cut out when loading the model with engines running. I tried one radial -- the STMA Beech 18 and it works when loading with engines running, but the idle feels low, on the verge of cut-out with a "Generator" warning in the annunciator panel at idle. The C172 loads okay. I'll file a bug report on these other two, because the pb13 release notes say "3rd party engines fixed" and that's not the case here.

Pending further tests and updates, it looks like 3rd party turboprops might be okay now, but piston props may all need adjustments in PlaneMaker by the user or model developers for low idle fuel. I'm not going to mess with it yet.

pb13 seems to do OK, a couple of quirks so far. I find with default C172 to get to moving, have to really give a lot of throttle about 1700 rpm before it gets t moving rocks sideways a bit then finally sluggishly moves out. Once moving I can throttle back, things seem normal then. Flies well, seems to climb more aggressively than it should. The climb n pb12 was near perfect this one goes back to a bit too optimistic. The only third party plane I have tried is the T34C Mentor from J. Rollon, (a 32 bit plane), the PT-6 engine in it starts whereas it didn't in pb12, flies really well. All in all seems to be improving.  I haven't really seen anything to report a bug yet.

VSKYLABS released patched updates for their Trike package today to overcome the engine issues that developed with pb12, and these ac's are working pefectly with pb13 as well, with no engine issues as far as I can tell.

Performance seems really good, but without a formal benchmark I would be loath to claim a general improvement for everybody. It might all be in my stupid head :laugh:

4 minutes ago, wb5okj said:

pb13 seems to do OK, a couple of quirks so far. I find with default C172 to get to moving, have to really give a lot of throttle about 1700 rpm before it gets t moving rocks sideways a bit then finally sluggishly moves out. Once moving I can throttle back, things seem normal then. Flies well, seems to climb more aggressively than it should. The climb n pb12 was near perfect this one goes back to a bit too optimistic. The only third party plane I have tried is the T34C Mentor from J. Rollon, (a 32 bit plane), the PT-6 engine in it starts whereas it didn't in pb12, flies really well. All in all seems to be improving.  I haven't really seen anything to report a bug yet.

99/5000

I also noticed C172 having difficulty starting to walk, as if there were stones on the wheels.

João Alfredo

Here's the release notes from http://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-11-00-release-notes/

Public Beta 13

Key Features & Improvements

Starting 3rd party engines from cold & dark fixed.

Fixed man pressure needles disappearing due to divide by zero bug.

Additional Bug Fixes

XPD-7426 Cursor location too far off from mouse click.

XPD-7521 Birds fully disabled when manual failure is off and MBTF is not in use.

XPD-7725 Add explanation to HDR mode hover text.

XPD-7730 Update notices displayed incorrectly on high res monitors.

XPD-7747 Restore washed out control effectiveness in reverse airflow. Apply AoA effectiveness washout to all control surface types.

I have filed a bug report for the C172 not moving until the rpm's reach 2000 rpms. I think they have welded the tires to the ground just a tad too much. LOL.

I had one instance of the Barron not cranking the starboard engine. Loaded another plane then went back to the Barron, and both engines cranked OK.

53 minutes ago, wb5okj said:

I had one instance of the Barron not cranking the starboard engine. Loaded another plane then went back to the Barron, and both engines cranked OK.

Both engines on the barron won't spin, I'm guessing LR is getting a lot of bg reports for it. 

Tried the IXEG 737. Full power and no movement. I though the chocks were still in. I know technically the IXEG plane isn't updated for XP11 but it's worked fine up until this point.

29 minutes ago, mwilk said:

Tried the IXEG 737. Full power and no movement. I though the chocks were still in. I know technically the IXEG plane isn't updated for XP11 but it's worked fine up until this point.

Strange.  I am doing a test flight now on PG13 with the IEXG out of Belize City back to Houston and had no issue taxing out.  Took about 33% N1 to get moving and once I got up to 20 knots gS I idled the engines and she coasted down the center line to the runway.   Of course, I modified the aircraft in Plane Maker also to fix the engines idling too low and the APU not starting up properly.    *tear*  I was a noob two days ago.  Now I feel like a programmer for X-Plane 11.  lol

• Upvote 2

I have not touched these last two betas dont want to mess up my Jardesign A320 & A330  :biggrin:

All of my 3rd party aircraft work except two. I have a Piper Cub PA 11 I don't remember where I got it, I think it was before X-P 9 perhaps, you have to hand crank it to start and it won't keep running after cranking it. The Caranado Archer, alas, it crashes the whole program trying to start it, the fourth click on  the starter button, terrible sounds erupt and goes to black, kill it with task manager, to even get out of it, that's the first and only plane I have had do that, in fact its the first and only crash of the program I have had.

All of my Caranado planes work well excepting that Archer. The Caranado Cessna's the 152 and the C172 do just like the default C172SP, takes 2000 rpm to get it to move, Also the Alebo Tomahawk takes a lot of rpms to move.

26 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

I have not touched these last two betas dont want to mess up my Jardesign A320 & A330  :biggrin:

They've been playing with the engine programming and these last two updates have really created issues for addon planes. I may sit it out until the RC is released.

6 minutes ago, mwilk said:

They've been playing with the engine programming and these last two updates have really created issues for addon planes. I may sit it out until the RC is released.

I can't answer for the jets (I don't fly 'em), but anything with a turboprop or turboshaft seems to be working fine now in my payware hangar. I don't know about cold starts, but I tried several payware models from different developers and they work fine when starting with engines running.

The recip piston props are still a problem, but it looks like you can edit the idle fuel flow in PlaneMaker if there's something you really want to fly. Me, I'm waiting for final release on those, because everything I'm really interested in flying right now has a PT-6 turboprop or turboshaft engine (lucky me).

6 hours ago, mwilk said:

The problem seems to be the crosswind. Austin botched a fix for "weathervaning at low speeds" by tying the breakaway power needed to get moving to the side-force created by the wind. If you have (high) crosswinds, you will need substantial (up to full) power to get moving. So for now, disable the winds. File bug reports.

This should get fixed with next beta.

Jan

7 hours ago, trevg said:

Jar has updated his A320 and works well with new betas now.

Can you confirm whether the updates cover the latest beta?  I downloaded the beta release from them last weekend, and still found things inop, running it in PB12.  On a personal note, I can wait for everything to sort itself out, I just thought I would just try my hand at running their latest beta to see what improvements were being implemented but from what I saw and experienced, it appears there is still more to be done..

12 hours ago, Kuragiman said:

Strange.  I am doing a test flight now on PG13 with the IEXG out of Belize City back to Houston and had no issue taxing out.  Took about 33% N1 to get moving and once I got up to 20 knots gS I idled the engines and she coasted down the center line to the runway.   Of course, I modified the aircraft in Plane Maker also to fix the engines idling too low and the APU not starting up properly.    *tear*  I was a noob two days ago.  Now I feel like a programmer for X-Plane 11.  lol

Would you mind to share what option in platemaker you change for low idle? thanks

He should be referring to Standard->Engine Specs->tab Description->left column (general engine specs), there're both hi idle and lo idle adjustments.