Sign in to follow this  
BLACKCLIP

Xtreme prototypes GLJ25

I love this aircraft, but there's one huge fatal flaw that caused me to put it away for the time being.

Why, for the love of god, does it have an autothrottle? No Learjet 25 ever had one, and AFAIK no Learjets today have them either. I understand it's not "real" in the sense that it's used for speed hold or whatever, but surely it wouldn't be hard to have the SPD hold on the autopilot work as in the real plane?

To me, that totally ruins any immersion factor present, and that's a shame because everything else is pretty much perfect.

• Upvote 1

The Speed hold in the real one works on VS.

It explains this in the manual. So the real ones has a Speed hold but your right it’s not done with the sims built in auto throttle. Its controls it with pitch.

But since l never use the Speed hold and use the VS to counter the Speed this aircraft has, it does not bother me at all. It’s one of the best aircraft I have ever owned.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

20 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

The Speed hold in the real one works on VS.

It explains this in the manual. So the real ones has a Speed hold but your right it’s not done with the sims built in auto throttle. Its controls it with pitch.

But since l never use the Speed hold and use the VS to counter the Speed this aircraft has, it does not bother me at all. It’s one of the best aircraft I have ever owned.

Given up  on the fsl  Dave:biggrin:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

49 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

Given up  on the fsl  Dave:biggrin:

:laugh::biggrin: Been enjoying the NG again but I do love the GLJ it really is a hand full (speed wise) and very different.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

15 hours ago, richcam427 said:

I love this aircraft, but there's one huge fatal flaw that caused me to put it away for the time being.

Why, for the love of god, does it have an autothrottle? No Learjet 25 ever had one, and AFAIK no Learjets today have them either. I understand it's not "real" in the sense that it's used for speed hold or whatever, but surely it wouldn't be hard to have the SPD hold on the autopilot work as in the real plane?

To me, that totally ruins any immersion factor present, and that's a shame because everything else is pretty much perfect.

G'day Cameron,

I'm not fussed about the autothrottle either particularly when it goes full when hitting TOGA, so I turned it off in the config file. Easy to do, just change the 1 to a 0 in the "autothrottle available" line.

I use VS for my climbs.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

I can't remember how SPD mode works in the real one (or if there is one) - I think it's a pitch mode - like FLC/IAS - it may hold the attitude in a climb at the set speed.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

17 hours ago, richcam427 said:

Same for me. That's why I went back to the 35a from flysimware.

But I love the FDE & graphics of this bird! Waiting for the next update.

On 1/8/2018 at 3:45 PM, ryanbatcund said:

I can't remember how SPD mode works in the real one (or if there is one) - I think it's a pitch mode - like FLC/IAS - it may hold the attitude in a climb at the set speed.

Yeah, SPD mode should maintain speed with pitch changes. It's the same for pretty much every Learjet from the -23 to today's models. 

Hi all:

I have a really strange behavior going on with this Lear that I have never seen in my simming "career" over 20 years. On descent from cruise I experience shaking and vibrating of the aircraft. It feels (looks) like turbulence but I have all sources of turbulence turned off (ASN, AccuFeel). The vibration continues right through to touchdown. If I go to exterior view I can actually see the tip tanks seemingly vibrating! I have never seen this with any other aircraft. Also I am not near any taboo AIS such as above 300 kts below 13000, or above max allowable at 350, or above 250 below 10. Also I have tried disabling the stick shaker on the pedestal with no effect.

I'd appreciate ay thoughts

Thanks

Rick

I had a similar problem but my cause was having Vne in AccuFeel set too low, but it sounds like you have already considered this? Might try turning off AccuFeel altogether and see if that makes any difference?

Cheers

Martin

1 hour ago, MartinRex007 said:

I had a similar problem but my cause was having Vne in AccuFeel set too low, but it sounds like you have already considered this? Might try turning off AccuFeel altogether and see if that makes any difference?

Cheers

Martin

Thanks for the thought Martin. I ended up doing the old reliable uninstall/reinstall and after 1 flight, it seems that the problem is gone. Something may have gotten corrupted in the original install. I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks again

Rick

Are any of you guys flying this bird seeing the taxiways or runways with the taxi or landing lights? I am not. If I look at the aircraft from the outside I see the lights are on but from the VC I am unable.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, silverheels2 said:

Are any of you guys flying this bird seeing the taxiways or runways with the taxi or landing lights? I am not. If I look at the aircraft from the outside I see the lights are on but from the VC I am unable.

Thoughts?

Have you got DL ON? The CLJ needs them turned OFF and all should be well.

On 1/8/2018 at 11:36 PM, Rossco said:

G'day Cameron,

I'm not fussed about the autothrottle either particularly when it goes full when hitting TOGA, so I turned it off in the config file. Easy to do, just change the 1 to a 0 in the "autothrottle available" line.

I use VS for my climbs.

Guys, does disabling the autothrottle in aircraft.cfg give you the correct Speed Hold behavior (by adjusting pitch automatically)? I'm used to correct speed hold since FS9's Wilco/Feelthere times, so if it does not work that way in XP GLJ25 I'm not buying this plane. I really liked that feature.

Thanks, 

Edited by Dirk98

No Speed hold does not work but frankly I don’t want to use it even if it did work. This aircraft is so good and I prefer to use VS and manual thrust.

Don’t miss out on this aircraft just because Speed hold. Think of it as INOP.

This aircraft is old school and with the GTN750 is as enjoyable as anything to me to fly.

Take off pull the throttles back AP on, set VS when cleared to climb to 4000ft per min. Reset to 1000 Fpm when within 3000ft of cruise.

Crazy fast and stunning aircraft. It explains in the manual about Speed hold and why they did it the way they did. But never tried it and ever needed it.

• Upvote 1