Sign in to follow this  
BLACKCLIP

Xtreme prototypes GLJ25

Thanks David. It’s temperature driven I see. Clear now, ta.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sorry to ask one more thing. It takes a lot of power to get the Lear moving when starting a taxi. Is that normal given the engines are capable of generating so much power?

It needs around 65 N1 before it reluctantly starts to come out of its slumber. Surprising. :blink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Rossco said:

Re the Yaw Damper, not sure the default keys work. I use SPADneXt along with FSUIPC to program all my controllers & see I've got an LVAR in for the switch I use for the YD.

Did it quite some time ago but pretty sure I would have tried the Ctl-D commands first.

One of the very handy things about SPADneXt is it sees all your hardware connected & allows you to program the switches & levers for them all & not just Saitek gear.

In this instance I have a surplus Saitek throttle mounted inverted under my PFC one & use the two outside levers to start the engines & the switches for YD, engine sync & seat belts.

Hi Ross,

Sounds similar to what you can do with FSUIPC.

Anyway, I’ve found a possible solution. I can’t link to another forum but this was the suggestion and it worked for the user...

In the aircraft.cfg file, try to add ( or change if it says "0.00000" ) this setting;

[autopilot]

yaw_damper_gain=1.000000

I’ll try it tomorrow. When I turn the yaw damper off in the Lear it does turn off the GoFlight light for the yaw damper so there is some connection there.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've just checked the yaw damper entry in aircraft.cfg and it already has yaw_damper_gain=1.0 there.

I also tried assigning Yaw Damper On and Yaw Damper Off via FSUIPC to two buttons but that didn't work either.

I'm going to write to Xtreme Prototypes about this because it's ridiculous the yaw damper can only be controlled via the console meaning the pilot has to divert their view away when on approach.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, think about buying chaseplane. 

I have a view for the center column and I always "hand" press the yaw damper along with every other button. I only things I have assigned are flaps and landing gear in the GLJ.

Its a 2 seconds job >view>press>back to normal view.

Just a thought!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi Ray, tried the same settings including a key stroke, no luck there, however there is a FSuipc camera view in the assign buttons ' Camera Relative Eyepoint Down '

you could program a button to that and that would give you a view of the lower panel to switch the yaw damper off .

bob

David / Bob,

I have ChasePlane and have a view configured for the console. But when you're hand flying an approach and you have to switch off the Yaw Damper I just want to reach over to my GoFlight console and flick the switch. Not have to switch away from the forward view.

I've written to them about this. The only reason I can think they've done it this way is because there are two Yaw damper systems.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Switch off yaw damper before you turn onto approach? Does not make much difference anyway truth be told.

Anyway are you enjoying the GLJ?

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

Switch off yaw damper before you turn onto approach? Does not make much difference anyway truth be told.

Agreed. My next battle is with PFPX and getting decent calculations for fuel. I keep running out because the profile supplied is rubbish regarding fuel burn.

I might resort to Excel using the info supplied in the manual. All good fun! :biggrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've had a reply back and then said the yaw damper thing is something they will look at in an autumn update.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Re the YD guys, the command is an LVAR: "PEDESTALAUTOPILOTYAWDAMPEROFFBUTTONPOSITION (LVAR)" which I have assigned to a rocker switch using SPADneXt as mentioned previously. I believe there is a way you can do the same with FSUIPC. Appears to be working OK. I haven't assigned anything to the back up system as I test it using the button in the VC when doing my pre start checks.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Ross, how is it achieved via FSUIPC please? I looked through all the available commands for yaw damper and none worked.

I don’t feel particularly inclined to learn a new system for the sake of one control.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

Check this link on how to find & program an LVAR using FSUIPC. A bit cumbersome compared to SPADneXt which lists all the LVAR's, Simmconnect & FSUIPC commands automatically ready for selection when programming a switch, button or lever. One reason why I use both, firstly FSUIPC then SPADNeXt for the more complicated stuff as I find it a bit easier. You can even program multiple commands for the one button & even nominate delays between implementation. This is probably possible with FSUIPC also but not so obvious in the GUI.

Bill does a good job explaining how to set this up. In this case I have given you the command which appears to work for both on & off for the YD.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Thanks Ross. I'll take a look and hopefully understand it. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ross,

I followed the steps in the tutorial but it doesn't work unfortunately. I did notice in the FSUIPC.INI file the name of the command from the list that isgenerated was truncated. Maybe there's a limit to the number of characters allowed.

Straight-forward enough. Just doesn't work for me. Thanks all the same.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather