Sign in to follow this  
BLACKCLIP

Xtreme prototypes GLJ25

12 hours ago, Cool said:

Thank you Ross for your reply 😉

I have got these lua parameters but they does not work for me in V2.1....I don't know why

Not that familiar with Linda although I did use it for a while.

Just checked the aircraft as I haven't flown it of late & the settings I use still work.

Are you using a value of 20 to turn the switches on? From memory a 1 wouldn't work.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Hi Ross

Thanks again for your reply 😃

I found that "Centralelectricalpanelbottomsecondary(/primary)inverterswitchleverposition" is too long as parameter for linda programming...

I am going to try SpadNext that I never use up to now....

si.php?id=1

Hi Cool,

Iv'e found SpadneXt to be great in that it's pretty easy to use once you get your head around it & it also picks up all your hardware allowing programming of all your levers, switches & buttons including my PFC yoke & throttles. You can also program long & short presses on your buttons for separate commands which is handy plus it's easy to program multiple commands with one button/switch & add delays between actions & add sounds at the same time. Similar to Linda in many ways I guess.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Thanks Ross, I will give it a try and let you know how it is going on 🧐

si.php?id=1

Hi,

I am pretty new to this aircraft so I might do something wrong.

When I trim the elevators down (mapped to my Saitek yoke) the Lear jet get's

trimmed up and vice versa. With all my other planes the trimming works correct.

I do not know what to do here. Also when going through the cockpit preparation after

engaging the batteries I run out of electricity pretty quickly and have to use the auxiliary

battery.

Thanks for the help

Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

Both issues sound a bit odd Peter, can't say Iv'e seen either of these previously.

Maybe try a reinstall?

Cheers, Ross

Do these people want to sell their stuff.

There website is seriously broken.

Gee.

Unbelievable.

Might want to notify them on their FB page about their site, I see their also working on a v3.0 which should be released the first half of 2019?

7 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

Might want to notify them on their FB page about their site, I see their also working on a v3.0 which should be released the first half of 2019?

Their email address is reachus@xtremeprototypes.com

I hope v3 fixes the many bugs including the baro that doesn't show 29.90, 30.00 etc. And if you save a flight the status of the switches isn't set meaning no nav instruments will work until you turn them on. I did point this out to them but they replied...

"Our addons are complex aircraft simulators with many custom systems and controls that are not currently supported by the sim and that you won't find in the stock aircraft (for example: the inverter switches or the 3-position starter/generator switches). These custom systems use their own sets of proprietary variables and commands. At this time, these variables are not kept by the simulator when a flight is saved. This is why some of the switches need to be reset manually after loading a saved flight."

FSLabs manage to do it with Concorde. Is it really so difficult?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Think I will wait for next version.

I agree with some, that the lack of auto throttle in the EW version, is what separates this from other 'samey' addons.... so the fact they include a fake one, puts me right off it.

Not exactly extreme if you just set it up like a 747 and go off for a cuppa ! ?

@Gabe777, the auto throttle does work fairly well if you engage it when at your optimum speed. For me that’s M0.82 at cruise. During descent you have to throttle back to no less than 70% N2 and have to use spoilers to reduce speed in occasions.

Bear in mind this is a 1970s aircraft and that is as good as auto-throttle was. You can’t compare it to a 747 one.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Think I will wait for next version.

I agree with some, that the lack of auto throttle in the EW version, is what separates this from other 'samey' addons.... so the fact they include a fake one, puts me right off it.

Not exactly extreme if you just set it up like a 747 and go off for a cuppa ! ?

You can always disable it in the cfg file like I have done then it never becomes an issue.

Cheers, Ross

Ray..... I should gave been clearer. The fact that it has a 'fake' auto throttle, is what I do NOT like about it.

Like the Dash 8 and the  BAe 146, the RW aircraft do not have auto throttles..... so one would expect an Xtreme version, to remain faithful to this truism.

I have too many automated aircraft, to the point where I wonder why I bother.

I was initially attracted to this, because I assumed it would be realistically modelled and it would be hands-on, and actually need flying. This fake AT ruins it.

As for Ross's comment: whilst I appreciate the ability to disable the AT, you then have to fly the aircraft using vertical speed, which in my book, is a no-no. I would never allow myself to even get into this mindset... running counter to the principles used to fly every other plane in my hangar.

Climbing out should never be made using VS. It is dangerous and simply not done.

VS is used for descending and small changes in altitude. To climb out using VS is just counter intuitive for me and I simply wouldn't feel comfortable.

I easily manage the Dash 8 with no AT or full VNAV.... it is what makes it a delightful change to the other stuff... XP dropped the ball on this one. For this reason, I'm out.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

Ray..... I should gave been clearer. The fact that it has a 'fake' auto throttle, is what I do NOT like about it.

Like the Dash 8 and the  BAe 146, the RW aircraft do not have auto throttles..... so one would expect an Xtreme version, to remain faithful to this truism.

I have too many automated aircraft, to the point where I wonder why I bother.

I was initially attracted to this, because I assumed it would be realistically modelled and it would be hands-on, and actually need flying. This fake AT ruins it.

As for Ross's comment: whilst I appreciate the ability to disable the AT, you then have to fly the aircraft using vertical speed, which in my book, is a no-no. I would never allow myself to even get into this mindset... running counter to the principles used to fly every other plane in my hangar.

Climbing out should never be made using VS. It is dangerous and simply not done.

VS is used for descending and small changes in altitude. To climb out using VS is just counter intuitive for me and I simply wouldn't feel comfortable.

That's why I'm not buying it and rather waiting for their next version

Yup me to.

I think flightsim has evolved enough now, to simulate these classic aircraft to 99 percent fidelity.

This really deserves it. 

I will buy a Carenado if I want to jump in, press Ctrl and E and go and get a cuppa - and sometimes I do !!!

Nothing wrong at all  this. But....... I really wanted this "Xtreme" version, to remain true to basic functionality. I could live with 3 panels in 1.... (!) at the click of a switch, but no, it needs to have the original AFCS.