Sign in to follow this  
softreset

PC-12 Version 2 Update

2 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

I still love the GNS430/530 if it aint broke... and speaking of broke my bank account isn't what it used to be so my flight sim budget is smaller. That is why I was hoping RealityXP would come out with an upgrade price for a FSX/P3D compatible unit.

I quite like the GNS430/530 as well, but in the real world, they are being replaced by the GTN650/750, and for good reason..

The current technology touch interface and the high resolution map are truly a big step forward..

• Upvote 1

Bert

'750 in the stack .... no way back! :smile:

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

When turning on the engine the plane starts moving. Even with the throttle at 0 and parking brake set. Yoke is set up with FSUIPC. Always had this problem with Carenados prop planes, never with other companies. Anyone know a solution?

9 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I quite like the GNS430/530 as well, but in the real world, they are being replaced by the GTN650/750, and for good reason..

The current technology touch interface and the high resolution map are truly a big step forward..

Yep, you can now pick up very good green tag GNS530W for a few thousand dollars thanks to all the high-end owners upgrading their avionics. Since ADS-B requires GNSS even older airplanes are getting amazing capability. No more flying NBD approaches in uncontrolled airspace. In fact, you would be amazed at the number of King Air students I am getting that have no idea how to fly a Raw Data NDB approach. Terrestrial navigation is a dying art.

11 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Still have not had time to flight sim this weekend. The 750 panel config, does it have a 750 with a 530 below it? Or just a 750 in the panel? Can the 530 be the Flight1 530 even if both do not talk to each other?

It does have a GNS530, and it is best left alone.

At least it will show the current waypoint information.

Replacing it with an aftermarket unit makes things worse, not better.

Bert

3 hours ago, urgeflaske said:

When turning on the engine the plane starts moving. Even with the throttle at 0 and parking brake set. Yoke is set up with FSUIPC. Always had this problem with Carenados prop planes, never with other companies. Anyone know a solution?

Had that very problem myself. I found that answer here on Avsim in an old thread, but briefly, keep the condition lever at 0, and start the ignition, then s-l-o-w-l-y increase the lever to about 20% or until the engine starts. This should eliminate the surge forward.

• Upvote 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

I did my first flight in the PC12 over the weekend and I too was having immense problems with the plane barrelling forward after start up. As noted above, it seems you need the condition level right back and not in ground idle range.

I also found my throttle quadrant's prop pitch was also having strange effects on the aircraft - when I wouldn't expect it to have any effect. I eventually had ok results with the prop pitch full forward.

As the PC-12 doesn't have a pilot controlled prop control you shouldn't move your hardware prop lever either. Just leave it at the full forward position.

I've put in Bert's mod - many thanks.  Sadly, it doesn't seem to cure one bad fault with the Nav radio tuning which has always been there:-

Nav Radio 1 is tuned on the GNS 750.  Nav Radio 2 should then be tuned on the second GNS - now the 530.  However, if you do tune a second VOR on the GNS 530, the display (and DME, I think) shows the VOR which is tuned on Nav 1, not Nav 2.  Oddly enough, although the GNS 530 is now displaying the wrong VOR, I think that I can get both Nav1 and Nav2 pointers on the HSI, and the Nav 2 pointer does point to the correct VOR.  So it seems to be just the display on the GNS 530 which is wrong - stuck on the Nav 1 VOR.

Anyone tried to fix this?

Graham

I thought that I fixed this..

Are you using FSX or P3D?

Send me a screenshot to my email address, please.

Bert

7 hours ago, polizei said:

As the PC-12 doesn't have a pilot controlled prop control you shouldn't move your hardware prop lever either. Just leave it at the full forward position.

That's what I thought. It was just that when I did move it accidentally - strange engine/rpm things happened. (The Carenado Do228 is the same). That got me wondering where the control needed to be as it clearly wasn't totally 'disconnected'.

Full forward it is!

9 hours ago, JRMurray said:

Had that very problem myself. I found that answer here on Avsim in an old thread, but briefly, keep the condition lever at 0, and start the ignition, then s-l-o-w-l-y increase the lever to about 20% or until the engine starts. This should eliminate the surge forward.

1.- condition lever at 0

2.- Start the engine

3.- condition lever at 5 % 

4.- after it stabilizes I raise it up to 50%

I've seen that quite often at video reviews that the 'reviewer' has the condition lever at low or full forward even before hitting the starter button with the expected overspeed and overtorque

By (fsx) design no turboprop starter can crank the engine higher than 12%, so if you open the fuel flow at 11%-12%. That's why ctrl-e isn't a bad choice is this is closest to RW. 

Using ctrl-e also places the condition lever (in all planes) at 40% for ground idle which results in lower/more realistic RPM/torque than 50%.

As Bert mentioned it's essential that the throttle is at 0%.  Even 1 or 2% open again increases the fuel flow during start up with the associated problems.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I thought that I fixed this..

Are you using FSX or P3D?

Send me a screenshot to my email address, please.

Email sent Bert.  Using P3D 3.4.18.  All else is working well, as far as I've flight tested it.