Sign in to follow this  
x-plane 123

X-Plane 11 b14 is out

Please don't interpret what I say as defending LR here, but if you all feel you found things not working right, are you filing bug reports?  LR doesn't concern themselves with complaints here, they want official reports filed in order to fix what may be broken.  Pointing out issues here is one thing, complaining is another, squabbling is yet another thing, but none of that will help LR get anything fixed unless it gets reported.  The tone and the way these responses are coming through, simply feels like bashing the sim instead of helping to make it better or at least, get things fixed.  From my own experience with PB14, I had an excellent test flight last night, with the only lingering issue being the aircraft's ground control, and a bug was filed, so I wait patiently for it to get fixed.

Please folks, let's actually help LR, because that's what this beta is for. :biggrin:

• Upvote 10

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

17 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Please don't interpret what I say as defending LR here, but if you all feel you found things not working right, are you filing bug reports?  LR doesn't concern themselves with complaints here, they want official reports filed in order to fix what may be broken.  Pointing out issues here is one thing, complaining is another, squabbling is yet another thing, but none of that will help LR get anything fixed unless it gets reported.  The tone and the way these responses are coming through, simply feels like bashing the sim instead of helping to make it better or at least, get things fixed.  From my own experience with PB14, I had an excellent test flight last night, with the only lingering issue being the aircraft's ground control, and a bug was filed, so I wait patiently for it to get fixed.

Please folks, let's actually help LR, because that's what this beta is for. :biggrin:

Jimm..I hear you...or er...'read you'. But honestly...this total lack of friction contact...this skidding...loss of control on landing...roll...is MISSED by Laminar...and it gets sent out in a beta release?  REALLY?

Austin...doesn't see this happening, when he tweaks the code upon his 'pute...runs the simulation...sees his tweak/twack effects?  HE MISSES THIS, himself?!?!?!?!?

Wow....I see Beta 2,604 release for XP11 as now, Austin's pet project, ROFLMAO!

AF 2 will be fully ortho world terrain mapped, before XP11 sees a release candidate, that truly...giggle, is perhaps a late er...beta  'in disguise '.

Glad I still have a fully loaded XP10 in the wings... LOL!

Cheers,

Ses

• Upvote 1

We can only speculate what goes on behind the scenes at LR, in terms of how they address bug reports, after they are filed.  It has been said many times before, that team LR is comprised of a small group of people, and we also know they are trying to staff up, obviously due to the complex nature of XP11 and that the current staff isn't enough to get this rolled out to completion.  The way I see it (my own personal assessment here), is that as long as LR keeps putting out betas and addressing issues in general, then it's progress.  Perhaps the issues you are having Ses, are not high on their priority list right now, but that doesn't mean they won't get addressed.  Another speculation I have is that the fixes that are addressed in each beta are directly based on the volume of bug reports, related to a given issue.  Maybe you can drum up more support for the water landing/take off issue and find more people who use it to get them to file reports as well.  Another option is to head over to the developer blog and address it there.  I know Ben engages the user's comments often, to offer further information.

It's not a lost cause for lingering, or aged issues with the beta.  They will get fixed, they just need time.  There is 197 million sq. miles of earth to explore, so have fun and enjoy, right? :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

@Sesquashtoo

How do you perform water landings with AF2? Does it now render water?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jt8d9a said:

@Sesquashtoo

How do you perform water landings with AF2? Does it now render water?

No...it's only a water texture over hard mapped surfaces. They are in discussion, about 3D effects, in the feature pool.

For now, XP10 and FSX/P3D for water op's.

2 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Jimm..I hear you...or er...'read you'. But honestly...this total lack of friction contact...this skidding...loss of control on landing...roll...is MISSED by Laminar...and it gets sent out in a beta release?  REALLY?

Austin...doesn't see this happening, when he tweaks the code upon his 'pute...runs the simulation...sees his tweak/twack effects?  HE MISSES THIS, himself?!?!?!?!?

Wow....I see Beta 2,604 release for XP11 as now, Austin's pet project, ROFLMAO!

AF 2 will be fully ortho world terrain mapped, before XP11 sees a release candidate, that truly...giggle, is perhaps a late er...beta  'in disguise '.

Glad I still have a fully loaded XP10 in the wings... LOL!

Cheers,

Ses

Ses, you are aware this is a beta, and you know what a beta means (I have read your other posts). Maybe this must be fixed by the author of the plane, to make it compatible with XP11, not by Laminar. And they are told to hold off until at least a Release Candidate is released.

As this does not happen with other default planes, I am not sure it is Austins fault. Otherwise, make a bug report to get this solved. 

As my grand mother taught me: if you don't have anything positive to bring to a discussion, shut up.

• Upvote 1

Come on folks, play nice.  Let's try to stay civil and compare notes on what works and what doesn't.  Then, we can flood the bug reporter with our findings.:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

Not to be overly blunt, but it's silly to buy third-party add-ons for beta software.

Thinking it through, I would have to disagree as well, since many many people here have XPX also, making it easy to consider the purchase as both an update to their existing versions of SkyMaxx (if any) and something also of use in XPX while XPXI is being tweaked.

I still find myself dropping back to XPX a lot for actual flying, and XPXI for messing around, because I find XPXI to have a generally lower framerates, so far, and I like to fly with things cranked up.

• Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, jh71 said:

Ses, you are aware this is a beta, and you know what a beta means (I have read your other posts). Maybe this must be fixed by the author of the plane, to make it compatible with XP11, not by Laminar. And they are told to hold off until at least a Release Candidate is released.

As this does not happen with other default planes, I am not sure it is Austins fault. Otherwise, make a bug report to get this solved. 

As my grand mother taught me: if you don't have anything positive to bring to a discussion, shut up.

Really....lol.

Public beta 15 is due within 24 hrs, mainly to fix broken PlaneMaker. It may include tire fixes for the "wandering" C172 if they can squeeze it in. Here's Ben's post about the current pb14 issues:

http://developer.x-plane.com/2017/03/x-plane-11-0-beta-14-and-the-state-of-various-sdks/

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

One sticking point I saw was:

One of our biggest pushes right now is to try to get to “done” on the aircraft physics and systems code. The engines should be done – we don’t have known open bugs. The tire modeling is still problematic as of public beta 14; Austin has a fix for the bad behavior of the Cessna in beta 15.

Hopefully, that clarifies the path LR has been on, and as for the other issues, like landing on water, I'm sure that is still on the boards and will be gotten to in good time. :biggrin:

28 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Hopefully, that clarifies the path LR has been on

Also this Jimm:

Ringing in the sky is on my short list. We’re still discussing brakes on startup internally. If you care a lot, email Austin.

John

John Wingold

Does anyone know why starting with PB 14 all Carenado aircraft don't load anymore?

Hans

10 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Um, yeah?  That's why it's called a beta.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Um, yeah?  That's why it's called a beta.

I wouldn't expect something that glaring, TO be passed along within the beta.  The beta isn't a dog's breakfast, whereby something glaringly broken, is pushed along the beta line.  That is the Alpha channel, and 14 beta pushes down the line...and counting....

• Upvote 1