diogo180794

Massive Stuttering P3D v3.4

Hello friends. I really need your help. I've been over and over this and I can't seem to find the issue.

It happens that I moved from V2.5 to the most recent P3D v3.4 since I was having a lot of stuttering issues on V2.5. It happens that now I have even worse stuttering like the unplayable type. I don't know what else to do. I really Am thinking in asking p3d for a refund because this is impossible to simulate whatever. The worst part is that I used to have P3D v2.5 running ok. Then I started to have stutters and Updated to win10 x64 where the stutters only were ocurring on Aerosoft Airports (strangely). To try to correct that it was suggested to update to V3.4. I've been considering v3.4 for quite a while, and this issue was the perfect excuse. It happens that is even worse and P3D 3.4 is quite unplayable. I have the BASE "game" and only installed Mega Aiport Lisbon to test it. This was the result

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGiQYKALupY&feature=youtu.be

Can you guys help me? I want to do flights and have a decent Simulation Experience, but with this problems its quite impossible. The thing that upsets me the most is that on the very same rig I have, I used to have this ok. I kinda suspects that this problems started when I was messing up with Nvdia inspector, but after that I formatted to x64, so everything should be ok. Now I've done a clean and new install on P3D 3.4 since I moved from P3D v2.5 and the result is the one I have on the video. I've tried almost everything as stated on the internet and nothing seems to work.

My Rig.

i7 4790K @ 4,5Ghz

GTX 1080 Gaming G1 Gygabite

16GB RAM

P3D Installed on SSD 120GB

Win 10 Pro x64

Can you help? Thank you again

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You probably have to provide more information than that in order for others to help you out. First of all, with that CPU and GPU, you should easily be able to fly P3d stutter free, as almost everybody else with good hardware can do. The best approach would be to turn down all your image quality settings to much lower levels and then start the sim with just the default scenario. If you still are seeing severe stutters then you should look through what addons are installed via dll.xml and exe.xml and disable each one to see if a specific addon is the source of the problem. Then I would disable as much 3rd party scenery as possible and see what happens. Lastly, temporarily disable your A/V program while running the sim and make sure that FSUIPC is not making backups at short intervals.

Like I said, without more information on your image quality settings and 3rd party addons, it is difficult to understand what is causing the stuttering.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

You probably have to provide more information than that in order for others to help you out. First of all, with that CPU and GPU, you should easily be able to fly P3d stutter free, as almost everybody else with good hardware can do. The best approach would be to turn down all your image quality settings to much lower levels and then start the sim with just the default scenario. If you still are seeing severe stutters then you should look through what addons are installed via dll.xml and exe.xml and disable each one to see if a specific addon is the source of the problem. Then I would disable as much 3rd party scenery as possible and see what happens. Lastly, temporarily disable your A/V program while running the sim and make sure that FSUIPC is not making backups at short intervals.

Like I said, without more information on your image quality settings and 3rd party addons, it is difficult to understand what is causing the stuttering.

Hello. I have absolutely no Addons installed. I just installed P3D v3.4 and run it, on the default settings and scenario. I experienced micro stutters. To confirm that I installed Aerosoft Mega Airport Lisbon ONLY, and the result is the one in the video.

The video was marked as private and wouldn't play in my IE11.

Ted

2 minutes ago, Ted Striker said:

The video was marked as private and wouldn't play in my IE11.

Ted

Sorry. Try now

HI, when you install P3D it defaults to 25 locked frames which gave me stutters. In my case 6700K I needed to use unlimited and tick Vsync this locks the frames to your screen refresh rate. Now all smooth.. :-)

iceman

I could view it now. With your computer you should certainly be getting more than 30 FPS dropping to 10 in unlimited frames with no addons. As Jay stated, you will need to post your settings and what software is running at the same time for anyone to help you diagnose your problem. I get 60 fps with the default flight on a less powerful computer than yours. Also on the right side of the forums under Hot Spots there are links to a CTD guide and Config guide for P3D/FSX. If you haven't already done so I would recommend that you read those for possible causes.

Ted 

Delete your config. Your sim is running really bad so delete that before you do anything else.

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Delete your config. Your sim is running really bad so delete that before you do anything else.

Done that already like 1000000 times.

7 hours ago, Ted Striker said:

I could view it now. With your computer you should certainly be getting more than 30 FPS dropping to 10 in unlimited frames with no addons. As Jay stated, you will need to post your settings and what software is running at the same time for anyone to help you diagnose your problem. I get 60 fps with the default flight on a less powerful computer than yours. Also on the right side of the forums under Hot Spots there are links to a CTD guide and Config guide for P3D/FSX. If you haven't already done so I would recommend that you read those for possible causes.

Ted 

These are the settings I am using now and I used to have in P3D v2.5 when it was working with no problems.

Well there is nothing in your setting that should make your sim run like that.

I would try setting 20 FPS and see if you get them then as you're giving your PC a lot of headroom or "should" be giving your PC a lot of room to breath. It might not be smooth at 20 FPS but see if it stops the stutters. Then...

It's really hard to think what it could be? you have anti virus rubbish on your PC?, very frustrating for you am sure.

Check your cpu and gpu temperature .

One of them might be getting to hot and throttling down..

So on a stock install of P3D3 you have problems that weren't there in P3D2. Oh, by the way, you changed operating systems and things then went south on P3D2 and now P3D3...

I don't have Win10, only Win7, so I cannot speak to settings and tweaks and the likes. But I would look at things like power settings and make sure the CPU is not throttling down while running.

Guys what I am about to say it will contradict much of what I've said, but believe me it confuses me much more than you. I gave a try to another scenery I own. FSDT Zurich, and guess what? No stutters. I Set FPS to 43 fixed, and I didn't get any stutters. It seems that the stutters is only happening in Aerosoft Airport.... I MEAN WHAT THE HELL?? IT USED TO WORK SOOO GOOD..

O yes there Lisbon.....lol

Yeah at least I tought xD. The stutters are the same in general again. It seems that I had "luck" because the settings were on medium texture and preety most everything disabled. I've worked to get a good system and I refuse to play this on almost everything disabled. I've spent much time and wasted weekends trying to figure and work this out... I've had enough of this. Thank You for your help.

FPS instantly go from 50+ to 20 and that is why I'm getting this severe stuttering. It is more noticeable on Aerosoft related scneries but it happens globaly

We cannot see your computer so all we can offer is suggestions of things to check. A few good ones have been made already.

I would check your task manger while running the sim to see if there are any other applications or processes which are using CPU load or having high disk access. If so temporarily disable them.

Also disable all of your scenery and other addons to see how the base sim works.

Disconnect from the internet, then disable your antivirus and other security software and see how the sim runs without it on.

Solving this will be a process of elimination. Without seeing your computer it sounds like the problem is either another software or addon using computer resources or an overheated CPU or GPU throttling down.

Ted

Try setting AffinityMask to 15 and lock fps at 20. See how steady or not that is.

Vic

I just watched your video, your problem is not your machine, of course you already know that, you just have some funky settings or something running in the background, or due to the strength of your machine you believe you can max everything out. I've got i7 3770 non k, and if mine ran like that, I too would be depressed, but it doesn't. I don't think it is P3D's fault, it is whats running besides P3D. When was the last time you looked inside you computer case?

Thank you for your replies. I've tried and the problem persists. Regarding to something that might be running on the background, I've tried checking that, and it just doesn't seem there something out of the ordinary. I even tried to stop some programs from running to see if that was affecting P3D, but no luck. One thing I found really strange was:

Usually when I BF1, Watchdogs 2 etc, the CPU usage is quite high, but when running prepared it doesn't go more that 50% and that is really strange. I've been like trying to fly with the stutters for 5min and the max load I got was 47%.

Thanks

32 minutes ago, diogo180794 said:

Usually when I BF1, Watchdogs 2 etc, the CPU usage is quite high, but when running prepared it doesn't go more that 50% and that is really strange. I've been like trying to fly with the stutters for 5min and the max load I got was 47%.

P3d often pins Core 0  at between 90 and 100% and the other cores are rarely used to the fullest extent. The net result is what you observed. 

Very interesting! I'm having the same problems as you diogo! I own Flytampa Amsterdam, and its flawless, no stutters, smooth and an overall enjoyable experience! Same with Uk2000 and other airport scenery. But when I get to an airport, that has the media of "aerosoft" written over it, I'm getting the same stutters as I see in your videos.

Now, this link here  http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/94576-oslo-torp-and-p3d-terrible-performance/ I thought could of solve all of the problems, because what had been described, I was getting, but unfortunately the file they identified didn't appear in most of these scenery's, there wasn't much luck there.

I've tried to do some testing myself, recently trying to get the Madeira X Evolution to work, but I'm having those stutters. Slight testing this scenery, I know its in the scenery BGL files. I got the FSX version of these files, and replaced them, GREAT! I don't have the stutters, but of course, I have visual errors like ground flooring showing where grass is meant to be blah blah blah .... I'm struggling to narrow which file it is to know what the problem is? And would this be the same problem for other airports? 

I understand your frustration with this! I had been flying before in P3D v3 and I had absolutely no problems with these scenery, the branded aerosoft products worked perfect, could not fault them! I took some time out from flight sim, came back to it, rebooted my computer following nick n guide, and use avsim guide as well to link it in to install p3d the "correct way". I've had this problem for ages and would be great to find the solution, struggle to understand why I see it works with other people on youtube but not mine?

EDIT: I would actually just like to add, I also own Mega Airport Helsinki which is the only airport I don't have these hiccup stutter from? Strange?

14 hours ago, Ozzie94 said:

Very interesting! I'm having the same problems as you diogo! I own Flytampa Amsterdam, and its flawless, no stutters, smooth and an overall enjoyable experience! Same with Uk2000 and other airport scenery. But when I get to an airport, that has the media of "aerosoft" written over it, I'm getting the same stutters as I see in your videos.

Now, this link here  http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/94576-oslo-torp-and-p3d-terrible-performance/ I thought could of solve all of the problems, because what had been described, I was getting, but unfortunately the file they identified didn't appear in most of these scenery's, there wasn't much luck there.

I've tried to do some testing myself, recently trying to get the Madeira X Evolution to work, but I'm having those stutters. Slight testing this scenery, I know its in the scenery BGL files. I got the FSX version of these files, and replaced them, GREAT! I don't have the stutters, but of course, I have visual errors like ground flooring showing where grass is meant to be blah blah blah .... I'm struggling to narrow which file it is to know what the problem is? And would this be the same problem for other airports? 

I understand your frustration with this! I had been flying before in P3D v3 and I had absolutely no problems with these scenery, the branded aerosoft products worked perfect, could not fault them! I took some time out from flight sim, came back to it, rebooted my computer following nick n guide, and use avsim guide as well to link it in to install p3d the "correct way". I've had this problem for ages and would be great to find the solution, struggle to understand why I see it works with other people on youtube but not mine?

EDIT: I would actually just like to add, I also own Mega Airport Helsinki which is the only airport I don't have these hiccup stutter from? Strange?

That's exactly it Ozzie! It "######" me off because I see loads of videos of people in those sceneries with no problems, but mine.... In case you find any solution please share. Thank You ;)

The cause isn't the Aerosoft  airports as they have a variety  of different authors, and the airports are all just marketed under the Aerosoft  brand name. The only thing that they have in common (other than they are complex scenery) is SODE  which is a library that controls moving structures such as jetways and hangar doors. The DLL is loaded in DLL.xml. I assume that  you checked the version of this addon and it is up to date.