Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

All aircraft turning/banking left

Hi,

having an issue where, despite no weather/crosswind, all aircrafts turn left. With engines idle, some planes even turn slowly by themselves on ground. Relatively new to X-Plane, so really dont what to do.

This is X-Plane 11, newest beta.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Are those aircraft happen to have piston or turboprop engines?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I get that too...  no idea why... maybe our controls.  SD flyer, it's all planes... they seem to yaw to the left sometimes on the ground.  Engine(s) could be off too.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Try the default Cirrus jet. If you don't see the effect there, and it's happening with single engine prop planes at engine idle, then it's the propwash effect -- a corkscrew airflow hitting the rudder and fuselage on the left side. 

This is something new (I think) in XP11. Austin has been adjusting the degree of the effect in the betas, so it may or may not be the same when version 1.0 arrives.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

4 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I get that too...  no idea why... maybe our controls.  SD flyer, it's all planes... they seem to yaw to the left sometimes on the ground.  Engine(s) could be off too.

If it's happening with engines off, then there is probably a degree of crosswind turning the plane. It's completely unrealistic and will happen at wind speeds as low as 5 kts. That's a separate issue from propwash. A mild crosswind will turn the plane in either direction with engines at idle and the brakes released. Propwash will only turn it in one direction.

If you're sure there is no wind, and the engines are off, then I don't know what's happening. Maybe a sloped runway? :happy:

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

2 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

This is something new (I think) in XP11. Austin has been adjusting the degree of the effect in the betas, so it may or may not be the same when version 1.0 arrives

Austin monkeyed with it a few betas ago, and was supposed to be nailed down by now.  Oddly enough, last night, I fired up XP11 to check out some great night sky fixes I got and I was in the default C172, parked on the tarmac.  The aircraft, completely shut down, would have a tendency to dance around.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

5 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

All turbojet planes I fly don't. I'm PB15 at the moment 

2 minutes ago, Jimm said:

would have a tendency to dance around.

This.

Sitting on a taxi-way, no winds, IXEG 737 for instance with engines running but idle - dances around like crazy sometimes. Other times it just slowly turns to either side. Will post a (poor) video soon illustrating the problem.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

If you look from 0:25 things really kick off...

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

The track record of LR throughout the betas, typically turn out with fixing one issue while breaking three others. :biggrin:

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

1 minute ago, Fi5kuS said:

If you look from 0:25 things really kick off...

Good Lord, it's possessed!  Quick, someone get me an old priest and a young priest!

Better yet, file a big report. :cool:

22 minutes ago, Fi5kuS said:

This.

Sitting on a taxi-way, no winds, IXEG 737 for instance with engines running but idle - dances around like crazy sometimes. Other times it just slowly turns to either side. Will post a (poor) video soon illustrating the problem.

I flown IXEG until beta 12. Officially IXEG does not support 737 until final XP11 release . In contrast Flight Factor, Jardesign and fairly recently Rotate have released beta patches that support latest version of XP11 beta. So I would stick with them until IXEG releases official XP11 patch 

2 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I flown IXEG until beta 12. Officially IXEG does not support 737 until final XP11 release . In contrast Flight Factor, Jardesign and fairly recently Rotate have released beta patches that support latest version of XP11 beta. So I would stick with them until IXEG releases official XP11 patch 

To add to that, I know for a fact that the FF team has stated that they will release hot fixes, which are just temporary (to satisfy the townfolk with the torches), but have stated that official patches or new versions won't arrive until XP11 is RTM.

Well, default B737 also immediately turns left when taking off, impossible to stear back on track.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

4 minutes ago, Fi5kuS said:

Well, default B737 also immediately turns left when taking off, impossible to stear back on track.

How's the calibration on your controllers?  Have you tried to recalibrate, just to rule that out?  On my controller, I have a spare axis I use for the tiller, and that typically works fine, but with the up and down issues with aircraft control on the ground, I have to resort to the rudder at full power at takeoff, despite having good calibration settings.  There's even the possibility of having to adjust the sensitivity of the axis.