Woozie

are sandals going to be banned next?

Recommended Posts

A s(c)andalous incident recently shook the world of aviation when a politician slapped an Air India staffer 25 times (he counted!) for "arrogance"! The weapon involved in this vicious attack was...a sandal!

Now you may ask, why would you slap an airline staffer 25 times....with a sandal? Well, they denied him a business class seat....on an economy only flight!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39365932

sandal-ban on all flights to US or UK ìmminent...

 

NB: Dont call it slipper!!! he insists it was a sandal:
 

Quote

A defiant Gaikwad admitted to beating the airline staffer "25 times" with his sandal -- "not slipper" as he clarified -- after accusing the latter of misbehaving with him when the flight landed in Delhi. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I used to be one of those airline "staffers". I can assure you, had he raised the sandal to shoulder level, I would have given him an all expense paid trip to the backside of the ticket counter. Non-stop.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, mwilk said:

I used to be one of those airline "staffers". I can assure you, had he raised the sandal to shoulder level, I would have given him an all expense paid trip to the backside of the ticket counter. Non-stop.

would a sneaker be ok?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Woozie said:

would a sneaker be ok?

Uh no. One of my co-workers had a stapler thrown at her once for confiscating a guy's credit card.

Share this post


Link to post

And there was he, thinking that his status would make him an automatic shoe-in for an upgrade :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, mwilk said:

Uh no. One of my co-workers had a stapler thrown at her once for confiscating a guy's credit card.

you guys live a dangerous life for sure!

 

on a serious note: As a frequent flyer i really admire the composure and patience of ground staff and cabin members (nope, TSA is excluded). Its incredible how some people behave as soon as they are near an airplane. You've got all my respect!

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Chock said:

And there was he, thinking that his status would make him an automatic shoe-in for an upgrade :laugh:

BOOM!

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Woozie said:

you guys live a dangerous life for sure!

 

on a serious note: As a frequent flyer i really admire the composure and patience of ground staff and cabin members (nope, TSA is excluded). Its incredible how some people behave as soon as they are near an airplane. You've got all my respect!

It's been a long time since I worked customer service. I actually retired last year after 36 years. The abuse back then was nowhere near as bad as it is now. There was legislation pending that anyone who assaulted and airline employee in an airport would be charged with the same crime as someone who assaulted a member of a flight crew. I don't know if it passed or not. I had multiple incidents with passengers who were either verbally abusive or in one case, a guy wanted to fight. I went back to Fleet Service. Luggage doesn't swear at you.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Chock said:

And there was he, thinking that his status would make him an automatic shoe-in for an upgrade :laugh:

Not toe-in the line, Al?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Woozie said:

Now you may ask, why would you slap an airline staffer 25 times....with a sandal? Well, they denied him a business class seat....on an economy only flight!

I would have graciously escorted him to the luxurious port-side wing seat. You know, the one straddling the engine! :musikan:

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now