Nyxx

Orbx LOWI Released

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Looks nice , but I already have one. They are a little late.

The same goes for their upcoming  Cityscapes Mediterranee scenery. France VFR has it already...

• Upvote 1

I passed on the one you have for this one, personally think it looks a different level.

48 minutes ago, GSalden said:

The same goes for their upcoming  Cityscapes Mediterranee scenery. France VFR has it already...

Just because "it's already there" doesn't mean a lot of people won't be getting this definitely better looking version anyway... (by that logic we would all be still playing flight Simulator II...)

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, GSalden said:

This one plays in a totally different league than the one that was released by another developer a couple of month ago. I passed on the other one as it is missing key landmarks necessary for the circling approach to 08. Really looking forward to flying into the Orbx version. Anything from Jarrad is just a masterpiece...

OK sitting at the airport in the majestic dash 8 and turning around the airplane I am getting 50-60 fps. In the flight deck around around 38-45 fps.

With AS2016 running sitting here I have 1.70Gb of VAS left according to chaseplane.

Seems rock steady smooth

I5 3570k @ 4.2Ghz and GTX 1080

Did you guys uninstall your legacy payware LOWI airport or did you simply deactivate the appropriate entry in the scenery list?
Which is the recommended procedure? I guess this is explained in the instructions PDF, but I am still downloading.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, razalom said:

OK sitting at the airport in the majestic dash 8 and turning around the airplane I am getting 50-60 fps. In the flight deck around around 38-45 fps.

With AS2016 running sitting here I have 1.70Gb of VAS left according to chaseplane.

Seems rock steady smooth

I5 3570k @ 4.2Ghz and GTX 1080

What version of P3D are you running?

Reason I ask is I'm on 3.2 and I've had some ground texture issues with a couple of airports from Aerosoft where I've been told it's because I'm on 3.2 rather than 3.4.

Like many else I've been looking forward to this one quite a lot but I want to make sure it will work 100% OK in P3Dv3.2 before picking up my credit card.

2 hours ago, Raven9000 said:

Just because "it's already there" doesn't mean a lot of people won't be getting this definitely better looking version anyway... (by that logic we would all be still playing flight Simulator II...)

Imho France VFR looks more realistic. Orbx has a too much polaroid look ..

But everyone can choose his/her favorite..

1 hour ago, WebMaximus said:

What version of P3D are you running?

Reason I ask is I'm on 3.2 and I've had some ground texture issues with a couple of airports from Aerosoft where I've been told it's because I'm on 3.2 rather than 3.4.

Like many else I've been looking forward to this one quite a lot but I want to make sure it will work 100% OK in P3Dv3.2 before picking up my credit card.

The latest version available which is 3.4.22.19868

1 hour ago, barrel_owl said:

Did you guys uninstall your legacy payware LOWI airport or did you simply deactivate the appropriate entry in the scenery list?
Which is the recommended procedure? I guess this is explained in the instructions PDF, but I am still downloading.

Actually didnt touch that myself (probably because I didnt think of it)

12 minutes ago, razalom said:

The latest version available which is 3.4.22.19868

Thanks.

I asked the same question over at Orbx so guess I'll hold on to my credit card until I know it will work with 3.2.

Downloading and will put my P3D VAS to the test using the PMDG 737 to simulate a Transavia flight

Performance and VAS should not be an issue because the airport is in a valley away from a large populated area. A nice hop from Munich to the north or Vienna and Salzburg to the east. And after Orbx release Germany South it will make Vienna even better.

Hi Folks,

Out of the regions I fly - but dang - that sure is purty...

Regards,
Scott

Hello,
I am really looking forward to this one and KSAN but their San Diego product currently having so many negative comments that I have to put a hold, wonder how about this one.

I've been looking forward to this one too but think I'll wait after learning there's no road traffic even if you have default road traffic enabled. The developer said it will be included in a future patch.

For many people that might not be an issue but personally I like to have some traffic to avoid the sensation flying in an abandoned ghost environment. This has become even more important to me after starting to fly in VR where you experience your surroundings in a whole new way. And for such a detailed scenery as this one just the thought of empty streets feels even more odd to me.

Never fully understood why the product was released without road traffic because the developer did mention something about it was there shortly before release.

Considering for how long this product was in development until it was finally released what difference would another couple of days have made to include the traffic again if it was only left out by mistake.

Oh well, let's hope the patch that will add the road traffic back won't be in development for as long as the main product :wink:

I've been looking forward to this one too but think I'll wait after learning there's no road traffic

Really....? Come on mr. Webmaximus.:huh:

Have you seen this scenery? It's bloody gorgeous. One of the best airfields ever made. Road traffic? Get GTAV.:laugh:

2 hours ago, Holland_Holland said:

Really....? Come on mr. Webmaximus.:huh:

Have you seen this scenery? It's bloody gorgeous. One of the best airfields ever made. Road traffic? Get GTAV.:laugh:

Already finished GTAV :wink:

• Upvote 1

On 4/1/2017 at 8:58 AM, GSalden said:

Imho France VFR looks more realistic. Orbx has a too much polaroid look ..

But everyone can choose his/her favorite..

Yep, that's true. I haven't tried any of their stuff yet, have been put off by the price for each product, but maybe some day I will. 

21 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Out of the regions I fly - but dang - that sure is purty...

Regards,
Scott

Never understood that... you know you can fly anywhere. In the world right? :biggrin:

11 hours ago, Hoang Le said:

Hello,
I am really looking forward to this one and KSAN but their San Diego product currently having so many negative comments that I have to put a hold, wonder how about this one.

What negative comments?