Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

How to Minimize X-Plane 11

Have very recently purchased XP11.  One thing that is really frustrating me is how to minimize XP11?  I know this must be available and simple, but for the life of me haven't figured it out yet.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just switch your display to windowed mode.  Alternatively, you can use the key combo Alt+Tab to switch to other applications.

Windows key and D key pressed simultaneously will take you to the desktop.

I googled how to go to windows mode: Settings>Graphics>Monitor Configuration>Monitor Usage>Windowed Simulator.

How totally weird and un-intuitive. Oh well, I am sure there will be other similar challenges. The joy of moving to a new platform.

1 minute ago, PDX Flyer said:

I googled how to go to windows mode: Settings>Graphics>Monitor Configuration>Monitor Usage>Windowed Simulator.

How totally weird and un-intuitive. Oh well, I am sure there will be other similar challenges. The joy of moving to a new platform.

There is always a third option, right? lol

Why would you state it was weird and un-intuitive?  Would it be due to the way it works in relation to other simulators?  If that's the answer then I have news for you...this isn't your grandfather's simulator. :cool:

X-Plane . . . From 'full screen' to 'windowed mode' then click the 'minimize' dash

FS9 / FSX / P3D . . .  From 'full screen' to 'windowed mode' then click the 'minimize' dash

Pretty weird hey!

But as Mike said above, Windows key + D is much faster.

13 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

Have very recently purchased XP11.  One thing that is really frustrating me is how to minimize XP11?  I know this must be available and simple, but for the life of me haven't figured it out yet.

By now you may have poked around enough to find it but in case you didn't, here is the way to get to windowed mode.

Bring up the setting page by clicking near the top of the screen, click the icon on the far right. the Settings page will come up click Graphics third from the left at the top of the page. two thirds of the way down the page is the Monitor Configuration, click in the drop down box to the right of Main Monitor, this gives you several options, one of which is Windowed Simulator. 

Try not to be frustrated, be patient there is a learning curve involved with each simulator. I have been gong through these since 1983 LOL Dozens of different sims over he ensuing years. Its been fun though. DOS was the good old days.