Ok, I made a system restore previous to the update of PF3 and previous to a recent update of Windows.

Like before I have now MCE 2.7.0.0 + PF3 version 3.40.

This configuration worked perfectly, the FO responded to the ATC. I'm in this same configuration but the FO no longer responds to the ATC ... incredible, it's crazy !

MCE works perfectly in all other areas (set heading, speed, altitude, flight level, flaps, squawk and so on). It also perfectly transmits all my requests to ATC, it very confirms the ATC options with TTS voices.

MCE.ini and PF3.ini are ok.

All programs, folder trusted in MSE.

FSUIPC 4.959

1/Please, as a developer of Fsinsider.dll do you have a way to follow the process via a debug log in order to find out why the FO no longer responds to the ATC on my system while for everything else MCE works normally ?

2/I guess if the dll was blocked Mce would not work at all or very badly ?

3/Should I re-install Simconnect ?

May I add that my Fsx install with all the stuff has never sent me suspicious messages outside from time to time from the usual OOMs...

And last but no least I tested with Firewall and MSE Off !

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

22 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Ok, I made a system restore previous to the update of PF3 and previous to a recent update of Windows.

Like before I have now MCE 2.7.0.0 + PF3 version 3.40.

This configuration worked perfectly, the FO responded to the ATC. I'm in this same configuration but the FO no longer responds to the ATC ... incredible, it's crazy !

MCE works perfectly in all other areas (set heading, speed, altitude, flight level, flaps, squawk and so on). It also perfectly transmits all my requests to ATC, it very confirms the ATC options with TTS voices.

MCE.ini and PF3.ini are ok.

All programs, folder trusted in MSE.

FSUIPC 4.959

1/Please, as a developer of Fsinsider.dll do you have a way to follow the process via a debug log in order to find out why the FO no longer responds to the ATC on my system while for everything else MCE works normally ?

2/I guess if the dll was blocked Mce would not work at all or very badly ?

3/Should I re-install Simconnect ?

May I add that my Fsx install with all the stuff has never sent me suspicious messages outside from time to time from the usual OOMs...

And last but no least I tested with Firewall and MSE Off !

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

No need to re-install anything.

Make sure when you used the patch, you also replaced fsInsider.dll

Eventually, replace fsInsider.ini with the one that ships in official release.

There is a debug option, but that is only used to troubleshoot start-up problems. Like when fsInsider.dll doesn't load and consequently MCE unable to connect to the sim. It's not the case here.

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

No need to re-install anything.

Make sure when you used the patch, you also replaced fsInsider.dll

Eventually, replace fsInsider.ini with the one that ships in official release.

There is a debug option, but that is only used to troubleshoot start-up problems. Like when fsInsider.dll doesn't load and consequently MCE unable to connect to the sim. It's not the case here.

Like I said in my previous post, I have the version 2.7.0.0 that I installed after the official 2.7.0.6 deinstall.

The FSindider.dll is from the 10 of March 2017 (263KB) version 2.7.0.0. It's located in the FSX folder.

The MCE.exe is from the 16 of May 2017 (847KB). It's located in the Multi Crew Experience folder.

This version is not patched, it is from the "NEW-mce.zip" downloaded from the link in this topic.

This version worked normally before with the FO responding to ATC but don't work anymore (FO not answering to ATC).

The question is why the DLL file or the program or anything else blocks/prevents the FO to acknowledge while the rest works.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

8 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

Like I said in my previous post, I have the version 2.7.0.0 that I installed after the official 2.7.0.6 deinstall.

The FSindider.dll is from the 10 of March 2017 (263KB) version 2.7.0.0. It's located in the FSX folder.

The MCE.exe is from the 16 of May 2017 (847KB). It's located in the Multi Crew Experience folder.

This version is not patched, it is from the "NEW-mce.zip" downloaded from the link in this topic.

This version worked normally before with the FO responding to ATC but don't work anymore (FO not answering to ATC).

The question is why the DLL file or the program or anything else blocks/prevents the FO to acknowledge while the rest works.

You've got the wrong files,

Once you've installed latest official release V2.7.0.6.

Download MCE patch for PF3

Manually replace files in <CandC> folder

Manually replace "mce.exe". Should end-up with V2.7.1.5

Manually replace fsInsider.dll. Will end-up with fsInsider.dll V2.7.1.4

The official release is way behind in terms of PF3 interfacing. I don't remember FO handling everything automatically in V2.7.0.6. 

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

You've got the wrong files,

Once you've installed latest official release V2.7.0.6.

Download MCE patch for PF3

Manually replace files in <CandC> folder

Manually replace "mce.exe". Should end-up with V2.7.1.5

Manually replace fsInsider.dll. Will end-up with fsInsider.dll V2.7.1.4

The official release is way behind in terms of PF3 interfacing. I don't remember FO handling everything automatically in V2.7.0.6. 

Yes I know about the V2.7.0.6, I explained I installed the 2.7.0.0 from the zip file (see below). This version was the first with FO handling everything automatically.

If I came back to the 2.7.0.0 it was hoping to resume from the beginning to see where the problem was, but unfortunately this version worked well but now it no longer works...

Anyway I followed your advice, I have now the v2.7.1.5 but the problem is always there, the FO does not acknowledge to the Atc and does not fill the squawk..

The question is : have you an idea what can be the reason (s) for this blocking while I have already specified that the "Confirm Atc Options" works as well as all other options of Mce ?

If it is in connection with my configuration I will need track where to look. I think I have already tried things that fall within my (small) knowledge.

Being the developer of the program and knowing how it works you may have tracks to give me.

Thank you for your patience,

Regards,

EDIT : I am thinking about something. The lack of response could not come from a problem of timing: a blocking of the count for example between the Atc and the FO ? Just for info in a old MCE.ini I had enter :

PfePerCharSpeedDuration=60
MceFOPerCharSpeedDuration=60

I withdrew from it but could it be related ?

Richard Portier

7 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Yes I know about the V2.7.0.6, I explained I installed the 2.7.0.0 from the zip file (see below). This version was the first with FO handling everything automatically.

If I came back to the 2.7.0.0 it was hoping to resume from the beginning to see where the problem was, but unfortunately this version worked well but now it no longer works...

PfePerCharSpeedDuration=60
MceFOPerCharSpeedDuration=60

I withdrew from it but could it be related ?

That was the very first patch intended to improve PF3 interfacing. It was superseded 5 times in this thread. You definitely need to be on "mce.exe" V2.7.1.5 and fsInsider..dll V2.7.1.4 so we can be in sync.

These values would make FO a bit slow to reply.

Assuming you're up to date with the patch, suggest you delete both and rely on default behaviour. Which, when entries are missing would consider... 

PfePerCharSpeedDuration=45
MceFOPerCharSpeedDuration=45 (this value is doubled internally (when no specified in ini file and FO voice is TTS).

It's easy to verify whether MCE is getting data from the sim without any kind of blocking.

With aircraft on tarmac, engines running, go to <Sim> tab in MCE user interface and check what the green font line says. If you can read "On ground, engine(s) running", then you can assume there is no issue there.

It' s possible, your security system isn't allowing you to download these patches directly (because they may contain harmful exe files). Will eventually generate a new full package which will put "mce.exe" in place via a proper installer.

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

That was the very first patch intended to improve PF3 interfacing. It was superseded 5 times in this thread. You definitely need to be on "mce.exe" V2.7.1.5 and fsInsider..dll V2.7.1.4 so we can be in sync.

These values would make FO a bit slow to reply.

Assuming you're up to date with the patch, suggest you delete both and rely on default behaviour. Which, when entries are missing would consider... 

MceFOPerCharSpeedDuration=45 (this value is doubled internally (when no specified in ini file and FO voice is TTS).

It's easy to verify whether MCE is getting data from the sim without any kind of blocking.

With aircraft on tarmac, engines running, go to <Sim> tab in MCE user interface and check what the green font line says. If you can read "On ground, engine(s) running", then you can assume there is no issue there.

It' s possible, your security system isn't allowing you to download these patches directly (because they may contain harmful exe files). Will eventually generate a new full package which will put "mce.exe" in place via a proper installer.

"Assuming you're up to date with the patch, suggest you delete both and rely on default behaviour. Which, when entries are missing would consider... 

"

I'm now up to date (V2.7.1.5 and fsInsider..dll V2.7.1.4). PfePerCharSpeedDuration and MceFOPerCharSpeedDuration deleted.

"With aircraft on tarmac, engines running, go to <Sim> tab in MCE user interface and check what the green font line says. If you can read "On ground, engine(s) running", then you can assume there is no issue there."

<Sim> tab in MCE checked, I can read "On ground, engine(s) running"

FO does not acknowledge to the Atc and does not fill the squawk...

Regards,

Richard Portier

21 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

"Assuming you're up to date with the patch, suggest you delete both and rely on default behaviour. Which, when entries are missing would consider... 

"

I'm now up to date (V2.7.1.5 and fsInsider..dll V2.7.1.4). PfePerCharSpeedDuration and MceFOPerCharSpeedDuration deleted.

"With aircraft on tarmac, engines running, go to <Sim> tab in MCE user interface and check what the green font line says. If you can read "On ground, engine(s) running", then you can assume there is no issue there."

<Sim> tab in MCE checked, I can read "On ground, engine(s) running"

FO does not acknowledge to the Atc and does not fill the squawk...

Regards,

While waiting for the full build coming out tomorrow, suggest you just reset MCE to factory settings, then switch ATC to PF3 and try again.

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

While waiting for the full build coming out tomorrow, suggest you just reset MCE to factory settings, then switch ATC to PF3 and try again.

I forgot to mention it but I did it many times...

Richard Portier

No more reports about MCE+PF3 operation? Is it fully functional at last or still needs fixes and refinements?

Thanks,

6 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

No more reports about MCE+PF3 operation? Is it fully functional at last or still needs fixes and refinements?

Thanks,

Fully functional now. And ignore all the patches. Just grab the latest from the downloads page

The next step is to give the option to switch captions OFF and still keep it functional.

• Upvote 2

Just now, FS++ said:

Fully functional now. And ignore all the patches. Just grab the latest from the downloads page

The next step is to give the option to switch captions OFF and still keep it functional.

Please remind what is wrong or inconvenient with captions On functionality.

Many thanks,

Dirk.

8 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Please remind what is wrong or inconvenient with captions On functionality.

Many thanks,

Dirk.

Nothing wrong.

At the moment "Closed Captions" option MUST be ON.

Some users prefer not to see any text for better immersion. 

Within 3 weeks, you'll have both options.

• Upvote 1

V2.7.16 installed, always problem, FO does not acknowledge to the Atc and does not fill the squawk...! "Confirm ATC options" works !

Noticed in ATC MCE ui menu : VHF Contact : Not Established

Richard Portier

11 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

V2.7.16 installed, always problem, FO does not acknowledge to the Atc and does not fill the squawk...! "Confirm ATC options" works !

Noticed in ATC MCE ui menu : VHF Contact : Not Established

OK, need to look into specific scenario just in case.

What MCE voice are you using?

What flight plan, including departure gate position?

What call sign?

What FSUIPC.dll version?

Will try to replicate.

If your Windows version isn't in English language, I assume you didn't force it to English US.

Sometimes, text comparison routines don't behave as expected depending on the system locale (not saying it is the issue though).

Thanks