7 hours ago, FS++ said:

OK, need to look into specific scenario just in case.

What MCE voice are you using?

What flight plan, including departure gate position?

What call sign?

What FSUIPC.dll version?

Will try to replicate.

If your Windows version isn't in English language, I assume you didn't force it to English US.

Sometimes, text comparison routines don't behave as expected depending on the system locale (not saying it is the issue though).

Thanks

What MCE voice are you using? : Clive

What flight plan, including departure gate position? : KSKA-KSEA Departure Parking 60.

KSKA>EPH>BLUIT>NORMY>KSEA

What call sign? : Cessna GBAFM (native Cessna Fsx)

What FSUIPC.dll version? : 4.959 Registered version

Below, it was the first time I had this problem :

"If your Windows version isn't in English language, I assume you didn't force it to English US."

My Windows version is French but I chose to put it in English language from the beginning (menus...). Speech Recognition is of course Microsoft Speech Recognizer 8.0 for Windows (English-US).

What is curious is that "Confirm ATC Options" works perfectly. Does that mean that MCE is quite capable of reading a text from Closed Caption!?

Just for info the Clearance was :

"Cessna Golf Bravo Alpha Fox-Trot Mike cleared to Kilo Sierra Echo Alpha runway heading departure maintain 6 thousand expect 10 thousand ten minutes after departure. Squawk 2347 Departure 123.6"

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

20 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

What MCE voice are you using? : Clive

What flight plan, including departure gate position? : KSKA-KSEA Departure Parking 60.

KSKA>EPH>BLUIT>NORMY>KSEA

What call sign? : Cessna GBAFM (native Cessna Fsx)

What FSUIPC.dll version? : 4.959 Registered version

Below, it was the first time I had this problem :

"If your Windows version isn't in English language, I assume you didn't force it to English US."

My Windows version is French but I chose to put it in English language from the beginning (menus...). Speech Recognition is of course Microsoft Speech Recognizer 8.0 for Windows (English-US).

What is curious is that "Confirm ATC Options" works perfectly. Does that mean that MCE is quite capable of reading a text from Closed Caption!?

Just for info the Clearance was :

"Cessna Golf Bravo Alpha Fox-Trot Mike cleared to Kilo Sierra Echo Alpha runway heading departure maintain 6 thousand expect 10 thousand ten minutes after departure. Squawk 2347 Departure 123.6"

Thank you and Regards,

We finally got to the bottom of this elusive issue.

There were actually 2 bugs.

One caused by MCE looking in caption for messages that start with "Cessna Golf Bravo Alpha Foxtrot Mike" or "Roger Cessna Golf Bravo Alpha Foxtrot Mike", when PF3 was displaying them as either "Cessna Golf Bravo Alpha Fox-trot Mike" or "Roger Cessna Golf Bravo Alpha Fox-trot Mike", causing the FO to see these as intended for other traffic (different call sign).

The other bug is too technical to explain. Let's just say, it was causing the FO to "occasionally" drop an acknowledgment and appearing to only have received previous one.

Anyway, this patch (V2.7.1.7) wil get you going.

IMPORTANT: The patch above is a single manual file replacement. It assumes you already have installed latest release package V2.7.1.6

Needless to say, the package on website will be updated ASAP.

Happy flying all.

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

We finally got to the bottom of this elusive issue.

There were actually 2 bugs.

One caused by MCE looking in caption for messages that start with "Cessna Golf Bravo Alpha Foxtrot Mike" or "Roger Cessna Golf Bravo Alpha Foxtrot Mike", when PF3 was displaying them as either "Cessna Golf Bravo Alpha Fox-trot Mike" or "Roger Cessna Golf Bravo Alpha Fox-trot Mike", causing the FO to see these as intended for other traffic (different call sign).

The other bug is too technical to explain. Let's just say, it was causing the FO to "occasionally" drop an acknowledgment and appearing to only have received previous one.

Anyway, this patch (V2.7.1.7) wil get you going.

IMPORTANT: The patch above is a single manual file replacement. It assumes you already have installed latest release package V2.7.1.6

Needless to say, the package on website will be updated ASAP.

Happy flying all.

Thank you Gerald and for the great work !

The patch works with "Cessna Golf Bravo Alpha Foxtrot Mike"  however I made the same flight with this time with the Lancair Legacy V2. The FO don't answer with the "Lancair N122LL" call sign (same problem like before the patch).

With the Lancair and the "Cessna Golf Bravo Alpha Foxtrot Mike" call sign FO works perfectly :gaul: !

It seems there is the "glitch" with some call sign.

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

48 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

Thank you Gerald and for the great work !

The patch works with "Cessna Golf Bravo Alpha Foxtrot Mike"  however I made the same flight with this time with the Lancair Legacy V2. The FO don't answer with the "Lancair N122LL" call sign (same problem like before the patch).

With the Lancair and the "Cessna Golf Bravo Alpha Foxtrot Mike" call sign FO works perfectly :gaul: !

It seems there is the "glitch" with some call sign.

Regards,

You're welcome.

OK, check the <ATC> tab in MCE UI to see how MCE sees the call sign in litterals. In this case expecting it to be "Lancair November one two two Lima Lima" and compare it to what you see in the caption. 

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

You're welcome.

OK, check the <ATC> tab in MCE UI to see how MCE sees the call sign in litterals. In this case expecting it to be "Lancair November one two two Lima Lima" and compare it to what you see in the caption. 

Checked <ATC> tab in MCE UI...The call sign is in litterals : "Lancair November one two two Lima Lima"

In the caption the call sign is "Lancair November 122 Lima Lima"

EDIT : Checked just with "Lancair November Lima Lima" it works ! the problem is with the "one two two" and "122" !?

Richard Portier

1 hour ago, DrumsArt said:

Checked <ATC> tab in MCE UI...The call sign is in litterals : "Lancair November one two two Lima Lima"

In the caption the call sign is "Lancair November 122 Lima Lima"

EDIT : Checked just with "Lancair November Lima Lima" it works ! the problem is with the "one two two" and "122" !?

OK, thanks.

We'll get it patched early next week. It's more clear cut with airliners Airline_Name + Flight_Number (in digits)

Great !

Please, what to request during final (established on the Ils) to the FO ?

Also after landing and cleared the active runway, the FO don't contact the ground or tower to request taxi to gate/parking. Is it functionnal ?

Regards,

Richard Portier

Tonight my MCE just stoped working, first it picked up what I was saying and did nothing, then stopped picking up the things I said altogether. This lead to a MCE hang, and I had to close it. nothing else was affected and I finished my flight manually. My Event log is as follows.

The program mce.exe version 2.7.1.6 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 1d5c
 Start Time: 01d2ed192c2aa9f7
 Termination Time: 5
 Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\mce.exe
 Report Id: 916ea4f9-79eb-47e5-bbe6-b6cace0f288c
 Faulting package full name:
 Faulting package-relative application ID:

Rob

13 hours ago, Helix1250 said:

Tonight my MCE just stoped working, first it picked up what I was saying and did nothing, then stopped picking up the things I said altogether. This lead to a MCE hang, and I had to close it. nothing else was affected and I finished my flight manually. My Event log is as follows.

The program mce.exe version 2.7.1.6 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 1d5c
 Start Time: 01d2ed192c2aa9f7
 Termination Time: 5
 Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\mce.exe
 Report Id: 916ea4f9-79eb-47e5-bbe6-b6cace0f288c
 Faulting package full name:
 Faulting package-relative application ID:

Rob

Please update to patch V2.7.1.7 (link given about 7 posts above) and then confirm whether having the same issue.

I'll give it a try in a few days! I managed to destroy data on my windows and sim drive!  I was a 14 carrot plank and clicked a wrong button.

On ‎25‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 0:19 AM, DrumsArt said:

Great !

Please, what to request during final (established on the Ils) to the FO ?

Also after landing and cleared the active runway, the FO don't contact the ground or tower to request taxi to gate/parking. Is it functionnal ?

Regards,

"Contact Tower" on final resp. "Contact Ground" when clear of the runway work for me.

Much improved in 2.7.17 - thank you!

Just the FO still calls "Clearance Delivery" in some phrases when asking for push and start on Ground frequency.

19 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

"Contact Tower" on final resp. "Contact Ground" when clear of the runway work for me.

Don't work for me with "Contact Ground". On ground it seems that I have to ask the FO "Request taxi to gate/park".

For final approach I'm not sure, I'll make an other test later.

I thought that the contact with the tower during the approach by the FO was automatic when established. This is not the case ?

Regards,

Richard Portier

1 hour ago, DrumsArt said:

Don't work for me with "Contact Ground". On ground it seems that I have to ask the FO "Request taxi to gate/park".

For final approach I'm not sure, I'll make an other test later.

I thought that the contact with the tower during the approach by the FO was automatic when established. This is not the case ?

Regards,

No, it's not automated because we don't want to run a background thread for a log time constantly checking whether it's appropriate to request clearance to final.

It could end-up being made either too early or too late. Best to let you decide with a simple request. Any of these

request cleared to final at pilot's discretion
request clearance to continue visual
request clearance to proceed visual
request clearance for a straight in
request clearance for long final
request clearance for a visual
request clearance for final

Optionally_speak_anything_you_want_at_the_end

And don't forget, if these sentences don't suit you, create one that comes naturally to you, then alias it to one of the above ("request clearance for final") and that should work too.

Understood, thank you.

Regards,

Richard Portier