On ‎12‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 2:41 PM, RALF9636 said:

When I return to "I have ATC" mode but then tell the FO to "reply to ATC" he does not readback the last command. He seems to always readback the ATC command which was given last before I said "I have ATC".

I still have this problem in 2.7.17.

23 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Much improved in 2.7.17 - thank you!

Just the FO still calls "Clearance Delivery" in some phrases when asking for push and start on Ground frequency.

This particular issue, should be sorted in this patch (V2.7.1.8)

It now handles any GA call-sign.

Some changes to make it more BVI friendly.

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

No, it's not automated because we don't want to run a background thread for a log time constantly checking whether it's appropriate to request clearance to final.

It could end-up being made either too early or too late. Best to let you decide with a simple request. Any of these

request cleared to final at pilot's discretion
request clearance to continue visual
request clearance to proceed visual
request clearance for a straight in
request clearance for long final
request clearance for a visual
request clearance for final

Optionally_speak_anything_you_want_at_the_end

And don't forget, if these sentences don't suit you, create one that comes naturally to you, then alias it to one of the above ("request clearance for final") and that should work too.

Looks like two different requests are getting mixed up here.

"Request landing clearance" (on Tower frequency) is a different request than "Request clearance to final at pilot's discretion" (on other facilities). Both use hotkey 1, but the requests have a different meaning (already on final and requesting landing clearance vs. on approach before final and requesting a "free flight" to the final, with a further request for landing still to come).

So when on Tower frequency the command should be something like "request landing" and the FO should then say something like "Tower, callsign, requesting landing" or "Tower, callsign, to land". Whereas when on Approach (or Center) the command should be something like "request clearance to final" and the FO should say something like "Approach / Center, callsign requesting clearance to final at pilot's discretion".

As it is now, when I say "request landing" the FO says "Center, callsign, requesting landing clearance". "Center" is wrong here and apart from that PF3 does not respond so apparently a wrong hotkey is sent here.

If I say "contact Tower" the FO says "Tower, callsign, with you at ... descending to ...". In this case PF3 responds appropriately ("continue approach...") so the correct hotkey is sent in this case.

Apart from the special case in my previous post I think there is a general problem with the facility names.

It looks as though the facility name is part of the (randomized) predetermined phrases the FO uses.

That will be causing trouble because the predetermined facility name will not always match the current frequency. For example on some airports there is no Delivery frequency so the request for ATC clearance goes to Tower. If "Clearance delivery" is predetermined as part of the phrase for this request it will be inappropriate in these cases.

It would be preferable if MCE would be aware of the active frequency / facility and the correct facility name would be inserted dynamically into the FO-phrases.

Maybe that can be achieved by reading the pf3_freqs.dat as suggested in the other topic.

That would also allow to have the FO speak the full facility name like e.g. "Frankfurt Tower" instead of just "Tower".

13 hours ago, FS++ said:

then alias it to one of the above commands

Sorry can you tell me in idiot form how this is done please? I have got pretty much everything working, with the exception of the contact ground after landing.

i just want to tweak things to how I want to say them.

Rob

37 minutes ago, Helix1250 said:

Sorry can you tell me in idiot form how this is done please? I have got pretty much everything working, with the exception of the contact ground after landing.

Rob

Don't forget, if you happen to be speaking a command that doesn't seem to be recognized (after speaking it a couple of times, you can make that same improvised speech work.

Go to Voxscript interface and create a flow with a single command. Just include one of the above built-in commands, and your custom command will alias the it. The custom command can be anything you like. For instance if you want to teach FO that when you say "The boys are leaving" you meant "request atc clearance", just alias it to the built-in one (request atc clearance) and it will be an additional way to request the same thing.

Using that less advertised part of VoxScript, you could interact with FO on your terms, and never be short of vocabulary, since you'd be speaking your Lingo.

4 hours ago, Helix1250 said:

Rob

To you, Ralf, and  all MCE crew members.

There is a less advertised feature in MCE called aliasing.

Voxscript (or flow maker) was intended for creating custom elaborate flows for complex aircraft. This involves putting a chain of individual tasks (commands) in a specific order and pace.

It became obvious after that, if you were to include only a single command in the flow, the trigger sentence for the flow would act like a synonymous, or alias. A kind of translator.

You could use that to your advantage to teach FO your habits, understand local slang, and even understand non-English languages.

Let's say I'm not very professional and want to get the FO to understand that when I say "ask the controller to beam us down" I meant "ask for landing clearance".

Well, you create a new flow, name it with the trigger sentence, in this case "ask the controller to beam us down" (could even be "Scoobydoo ding dang dong" or whatever you want, including foreign language words simulated using English phonemes).

Then, enable "verbose" option in script properties panel and add a single command to the flow. One that is built-in and FO can understand "request landing clearance".

That's it, you now have an aliased command to an existing one. And you can even add it as part of another flow.

This way, you don't have to memorize all those sentences that don't come to you naturally. Teach your co-pilot to read your mind

How about "get rid of that annoying yellow light" to get him to "clear master caution", or thank him in your local language (German, Spanish or even Martian language) :laugh:

Let me know if you need more clarification.

"ask the controller to beam us down" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

To you, Ralf, and  all MCE crew members.

There is a less advertised feature in MCE called aliasing.

Voxscript (or flow maker) was intended for creating custom elaborate flows for complex aircraft. This involves putting a chain of individual tasks (commands) in a specific order and pace.

It became obvious after that, if you were to include only a single command in the flow, the trigger sentence for the flow would act like a synonymous, or alias. A kind of translator.

You could use that to your advantage to teach FO your habits, understand local slang, and even understand non-English languages.

Let's say I'm not very professional and want to get the FO to understand that when I say "ask the controller to beam us down" I meant "ask for landing clearance".

Well, you create a new flow, name it with the trigger sentence, in this case "ask the controller to beam us down" (could even be "Scoobydoo ding dang dong" or whatever you want, including foreign language words simulated using English phonemes).

Then, enable "verbose" option in script properties panel and add a single command to the flow. One that is built-in and FO can understand "request landing clearance".

That's it, you now have an aliased command to an existing one. And you can even add it as part of another flow.

This way, you don't have to memorize all those sentences that don't come to you naturally. Teach your co-pilot to read your mind

How about "get rid of that annoying yellow light" to get him to "clear master caution", or thank him in your local language (German, Spanish or even Martian language) :laugh:

Let me know if you need more clarification.

Dunka Zair! (this is how my FO understands German :biggrin:)

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

Dunka Zair! (this is how my FO understands German :biggrin:)

:laugh: Since you're using a TTS voice, you can go one step further. Disable the "verbose" option so you don't get the existing English expected reply. Then in "Script Properties", under Available statements, add "bittuh shuehn" (and maybe other variations to make it unpredictable) and see how Stuart can speak German with Scottish accent.

As you noticed, the speech engine only cares about how the whole speech sounds. Words don't need to be valid in any language. 

Speech recognition for FS wouldn't be fun if you have to look up the documentation before saying anything. 

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

:laugh: Since you're using a TTS voice, you can go one step further. Disable the "verbose" option so you don't get the existing English expected reply. Then in "Script Properties", under Available statements, add "bittuh shuehn" (and maybe other variations to make it unpredictable) and see how Stuart can speak German with Scottish accent.

As you noticed, the speech engine only cares about how the whole speech sounds. Words don't need to be valid in any language. 

Speech recognition for FS wouldn't be fun if you have to look up the documentation before saying anything. 

Yes, I have already done something like that. Really fun to figure out the spelling to make English sound like German. :happy:

"Confirm runway in use" works on departure, but seems not to work on arrival.

It would be nice if I could ask on arrival (after PF3 has issued the approach to a specific runway) something like "confirm assigned runway". Would be helpful in particular with parallel runways (and sleepy pilots...)

A new patch is available. It improves the PF3 interfacing slightly among other things.

Download this zip file here

Manually replace 2 files in \Multi Crew Experience\ folder, as well as fsInsider.dll in FSX or \Prepar3d V3\ folder.

MCE now making use of the PF3 file, that lists the frequencies, and generated inside the simulator folder.

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

A new patch is available. It improves the PF3 interfacing slightly among other things.

Download this zip file here

Manually replace 2 files in \Multi Crew Experience\ folder, as well as fsInsider.dll in FSX or \Prepar3d V3\ folder.

MCE now making use of the PF3 file, that lists the frequencies, and generated inside the simulator folder.

Thanks a lot for the update. Looking forward to test.

But how about including a changelog in your updates?

It would make testing a lot easier and avoid wasting time again on issues that haven't been touched at all yet.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

Thanks a lot for the update. Looking forward to test.

But how about including a changelog in your updates?

It would make testing a lot easier and avoid wasting time again on issues that haven't been touched at all yet.

Thank you!

Most work done over the last couple of weeks was related to getting MCE to fully support P3D V4 64 Bit. That's now pretty much done and a release should follow tomorrow.

As far as PF3 is concerned, this patch only adds ability for FO to dial frequencies on request, and not wait until he can catch them via the captions.

There is also a performance tweak.

MCE is now less aggressive with request for captions. Only fetches new caption from the sim, when it has changed.

Apart from that it's pretty much as it was in earlier patch.

The updated "enghlp.dll" is just relevant for the BVI pilots. It explains what button or option does what in the MCE user interface, provided built-in narrator is enabled