Sign in to follow this  
haseen

Flysimware Mitsubishi Mu 2 Beacon Sound and Taxi speed.

Dear:

I recently purchased Flysimware MU 2B 60 for fsx Acc and p3d v3. 

1. The beacon sound is much higher than the engine sound. I wish I could increase the engine sound and decrease the beacon light sound in the cockpit.

2. Taxi speed increases continuously. I have to put the power levers to reverse to reduce speed or apply brakes.

3. I read the GPS 530 VNAV info but I need a good explanation and a VNAV tutorial specifically for MU 2 B60.

Could you please help me?

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

Hi Haseen,

Recently started messing around with this bird as well - LOL - I wondered if that Beacon sound was correct ? It sounds more like the windshield wiper sound than a beacon to me...

Try putting the conditioners in low idle as well - I'm not convinced a turboprop such as this shouldn't roll forward at idle power...

The only VNAV capability a GPS530 has - is to give you a queue for TOD - if you configure it... You need to hand fly the decent or use the autopilot...

I'm also tweaking rudder authority - needs more for crosswinds - and - I find it a bit twitchy in pitch - so I'm tweaking that some to get better performance - less like a diving board in pitch changes...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

The beacon sound drives me nuts - I guess it's my OCD, but it is definitely too loud compared to the other sounds.  I also agree that the pitch is twitchy.  I don't use the VNAV because I hand fly most all of my approaches.  I would think it not to difficult to resample the beacon .wav file with lower volume - the reason I think that is because I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Cheers!

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

Dear Gentlemen:

Thanks for your replies. Ya, the pitch control is not good. Please help me if you can. Though I am not fond of Carenado products, I appears to me Carenado Do 228 handles better!

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad

Bangladesh.

Hi Folks,

Yeah - my mods are very basic - just using the "tunable" parameters in the aircraft.cfg - if I get something I'm happy with - I'll post the files... I started watching video's of real world flights in this bird and all the maneuvers seemed very smooth and graceful... The pitch changes as they stand on the model - "seem" to have way too many oscillations that need to be dampened out...

I don't have a manual handy - anyone know what the max demonstrated crosswind in this bird is ??? I was testing with 15 KIAS crosswinds a couple weeks ago and the rudder definitely didn't have authority to maintain that - I'm sure the actual on the RW bird is greater than that...

This plane seems to have a great deal of potential - the exterior textures need some shading like the Lear - been contemplating doing that myself...

Regards,

Scott

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

I don't have a manual handy - anyone know what the max demonstrated crosswind in this bird is ??? I was testing with 15 KIAS crosswinds a couple weeks ago and the rudder definitely didn't have authority to maintain that - I'm sure the actual on the RW bird is greater than that...

The POM I have mentions limits of 22 for takeoff and 18 for landing. Additionally it says:

A wing low method, crab method, differential power method or a combination of methods may be employed during the approach to compensate for the effects of a crosswind.

So maybe add differential power?

Hi Thomas,

Good stuff - thank you...

Regards,
Scott

Not sure if you know, but this is the rw pilot/owner (drklain) who supplied a lot of the rw data, sounds and photographs from his own aircraft to FSW to help them when they developed their model. If you read he comments, I'm guessing he'll be more than happy to answer technical queries about flying the MU2 given how willingly he offered me tips on how to improve my landings - even once my cover was blown and he knew I was only a PC Pilot :)

• Upvote 1

For those looking for a softer beacon light sound, Al was nice enough to post a couple for download that folks can try. Find the thread here:

Cheers

Martin