Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

RealAir Turbine Duke V2 in Prepar3d V4

Here's what I PMed another user:

In the P3d fx tool under the light tab, there's two color settings, one for day and one for night. The first three numbers are RGB which each range from 0 to 255. The 4th number is intensity which according to the V4 SDK goes from 128 to 255. It seems to work below 128 for some reason.

The two cone settings control the spread of the spotlight if that box is checked.

Hi Jay,

Sorry, I edited my post after having checked back a couple of pages in this thread and didn't see your response. I'll give it a try and see how I get on.

Thanks.

Regards, Mike

In fact it turns out that there was nothing wrong after all!*

I should have pressed:

Ctrl+L for Landing Lights

2RMU3Bg.jpg

Shift+L for Panel Lights

llWfkcx.jpg

Otherwise pressing 'L' by itself is probably best avoided...unless, of course, you wish to compromise your night vision.

*Perhaps it's just as well. After I worked out how to install and run the FX Tool and loaded Jay's modified fx file I realised I didn't have a clue what to do next! :biggrin:

Nincompoop!

Mike

1 hour ago, Cruachan said:

Hi Vic,

Sorry, I edited my post after having checked back a couple of pages in this thread and didn't see your response. I'll give it a try and see how I get on.

Thanks.

Regards, Mike

Vic?

29 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Vic?

Oops! My bad. Sorry about that Jay. I guess I should have retired to bed a couple of hours ago - it's 3.18am here!

Regards,

Mike :tdr:

Fix works great, thx.

Anyway, wanted to try to repaint the Turbine Duke a bit. On the reailair website can't find the proper paintkit for Turbine Duke V2. There is one for Turbine Duke V1 and for BE60 V2. Can I use on of them or they won't work properly then? Regards.

BE60 doen't work properly, not all of the textures. Will give a try the Turbine Duke v1.

ok, here is a better fix for using the GTNs in v4

Goto

Turbine Duke V2 P3D3\RealAir\duketv2p3d2\AutoPlay\Files

Edit the Config.ini

Change ignoreGtnDetect=0  to  1
After that you can use the configurator

You can also fix the brightness inside the F1GTN.ini, located in the same folder.

VC Brightness=7 for both 750´s and VC Brightness=10 for both 650´s

(do that before using the configurator)

BUT

Since Prepar3D Version 4.1 the Autopilot NAV-Mode did not work anymore with the GTNs
CDI set to GPS, Flightplan is inserted and NAV is active.
Work perfect with the default GTN500, but not with the 750/650s
Did someone have this problem and or found a solution?

BR

1 hour ago, Humpix said:

Nope, Haven't seen that problem (yet). Everything works the same for me as it did in V4.0.

OK, got it - it is a bug in the 2.03 GTNs - with the new version 2.0.4 (Update for P3D v4.1) everything is super fine now!

On 11.10.2017 at 10:15 PM, Humpix said:

ok, here is a better fix for using the GTNs in v4

Goto

Turbine Duke V2 P3D3\RealAir\duketv2p3d2\AutoPlay\Files

Edit the Config.ini

Change ignoreGtnDetect=0  to  1
After that you can use the configurator

You can also fix the brightness inside the F1GTN.ini, located in the same folder.

VC Brightness=7 for both 750´s and VC Brightness=10 for both 650´s

(do that before using the configurator)

BUT

Since Prepar3D Version 4.1 the Autopilot NAV-Mode did not work anymore with the GTNs
CDI set to GPS, Flightplan is inserted and NAV is active.
Work perfect with the default GTN500, but not with the 750/650s

BR

I cant get my 2 panels bridgness to 100%...

c13c215d002f82ec000316a9c617fcee.png

4 hours ago, Miro Mro said:

I cant get my 2 panels bridgness to 100%...

c13c215d002f82ec000316a9c617fcee.png

Is this at night?

Bert

Hi All! Trying to find out how to install it....

1) I have sent rob an email to get the installer. Will that work? is he around somewhere where i can reach him with my purchase details?

2) I saw that the dll is ready for 64 bits from here: https://www.douglassdawson.ca/ so it means that i just get it and replace it? Is there a post in this topic saying how to do it? I am reading through page 6 now and will move on.

Would be great if someone summarizes what needs to be done for TD v2 to work in P3D v4.1

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

5 hours ago, earthdog said:

Hi All! Trying to find out how to install it....

1) I have sent rob an email to get the installer. Will that work? is he around somewhere where i can reach him with my purchase details?

Try contacting Sean:

• Upvote 1

Bert