Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

RealAir Turbine Duke V2 in Prepar3d V4

I'm still too scared to try the conversion.  I really want to but with 13 pages of posts...it seems daunting; especially since I have it working in v3 with no issues.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

You can't get a much better explanation than the one that Poppet gave on preceding page. Don't be scared, just try it, nothing will explode in your face or give you bad dreams It will either work or not, if it doesn't then you can either look at it and figure out where you messed up, or -- you can just delete what you tried making.

-besides you know you want it in ver 4

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I've seen more than several comment that they used the fsx version in ver4.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

14 hours ago, aviatorbja said:

Will the fsx version installer work in P3d V4, with this method?

13 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

I've seen more than several comment that they used the fsx version in ver4.

I created a blank file in notepad and renamed it "FSX.exe" I placed that in the P3Dv4 folder and then installed the FSX turbine duke, when it asks for the installation folder point it to the P3Dv4 folder and let it do it's stuff. The Real AIr config panel works as well and if you get the fix for the audio the clicks and whirrs of the flaps and switches etc work as well. :cool:

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

7 hours ago, BrianT said:

I created a blank file in notepad and renamed it "FSX.exe" I placed that in the P3Dv4 folder and then installed the FSX turbine duke, when it asks for the installation folder point it to the P3Dv4 folder and let it do it's stuff. The Real AIr config panel works as well and if you get the fix for the audio the clicks and whirrs of the flaps and switches etc work as well. :cool:

Ok, so I tried this, and it worked.  Somehow it worked.     I got some errors right after the Real Air config panel stating that several INI files were not updated.

Much to my amazement this 32 bit FSX aircraft works in P3Dv4.   Now I'll concentrate on getting the fix for the audio.

Thanks to all on this thread for the help!!!

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎05 at 0:01 PM, Ron Attwood said:

You're making it way too complicated. Get rid of everything you've done so far. Install the Turbine Duke by pointing the installer to your V4 folder. Then add the modified .dll by Doug to the gauges folder and delete the .gau file, named the same as the .dll i.e.

RASDukeTv2_Sound

It works.

Cue the clamour!

One last point. At the end of the install process you'll get a message saying 'Can't find the path to FSX' Click OK and navigate to the V4 folder. If you move the control panel shortcut you may have to show it the way again.

This goes for the B60 Duke and the Legacy. Except in the Legacy the Sound .dll goes in the panel folder.

Ron's is the best advice yet!

Point installer to P3D v4, then rename new 64 bit to match existing 32 bit gau file and drop-in the installed airplane files (wherever it is found) and overwrite.

All done with perfect installation and sounds. Keep a back-up if you want, but cut the rest of the clamour! 

Could hardly be easier!

Kind regards,

Of course, that disables the existing  P3d  V3  aircraft's extra sounds, if one wants to keep using the plane in V3 temporarily (like for example to use the Flight1  GTN gauges). Plus at some point LM will probably  mandate the new installation  technique (like that has never happened before).

LM keeps moving forward and we users either can ignore the warning signs or follow their guidance.

5 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Of course, that disables the existing  P3d  V3  aircraft's extra sounds, if one wants to keep using the plane in V3 temporarily (like for example to use the Flight1  GTN gauges). Plus at some point LM will probably  mandate the new installation  technique (like that has never happened before).

LM keeps moving forward and we users either can ignore the warning signs or follow their guidance.

Huh? I can't believe that this thread and others like it, are still running!

Of course, that disables the existing  P3d  V3  aircraft's extra sounds

What does that mean?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I don't know about you, but I am still also using the RealAir TD in P3d V3, because Flight1 has not released a version of their GTN 750 for P3d V4. If one just replaces the old sound gauge with the new 64 bit version, then the sounds such as flaps, gear, down etc. will stop working in the V3 version. 

It's worth a small amount of effort to comply with LM's installation requirements. The new installation approach was introduced in P3d V3, but LM really didn't start going "Nudge, nudge, wink, wink" regarding this technique until they introduced V4. Considering how they have eliminated a lot of archaic code, it it shouldn't come as a shock when the file scenery.cfg eventually becomes just an afterthought. The next step will be that the old installation technique won't work properly at all.

A recent example of this progression is that FS9 AI aircraft don't work corerctly in P3d anymore. And if one has an AI plane without the [Radios] section in aircraft.cfg, the ATC won't show any communications with it. 

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I don't know about you, but I am still also using the RealAir TD in P3d V3, because Flight1 has not released a version of their GTN 750 for P3d V4. If one just replaces the old sound gauge with the new 64 bit version, then the sounds such as flaps, gear, down etc. will stop working in the V3 version.

Hi Jay,

Not sure whether you managed to resolve this. In case you haven't, take a look at my earlier post in this thread. This issue was resolved following some helpful input from Doug, although you will note my puzzlement over having to stick with the default name for the audio file to get sound for the Legacy to work in P3D4.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/511169-realair-turbine-duke-v2-in-prepar3d-v4/?do=findComment&comment=3659484

Regards,

Mike

Doug just repeated in the post what I wrote just above his post, but I was on vacation away from my P3d PC and I couldn't provide all the details. MS did one sensible thing with regard to mixing and matching 32 bit and 64 bit  EXEs and DLLs. A 32 bit EXE will load a 64 bit DLL and a 64 bit EXE will load a 32 bit DLL. In both those situations, the code in the DLL is completely ignored by the calling executable, but resources such as text strings, menus, icons and dialog boxes can still read as if the DLL was a normal data file.

Hello, I want to turn on the cockpit lighting of the Duke Turbine V2. Does anyone know where the switch is for this lighting?
Thank you very much.

41 minutes ago, Latecoere said:

Hello, I want to turn on the cockpit lighting of the Duke Turbine V2. Does anyone know where the switch is for this lighting?
Thank you very much.

It's between the trim wheel and the gear lights, beside the panel lights switch.