Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

RealAir Turbine Duke V2 in Prepar3d V4

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

I think we are misunderstanding each other... I was not thinking of ditching V3,  but rather duplicate copies for V3 and V4.

Ah this forum intercommunication lark, it's full of minefields and confusion! Looks like the fault is mine by not making it clear that throughout I have been assuming one installation of the RealAir Duke and the RealAir Legacy and these single installations are, as in my case, now being shared by Prepar3D versions 3 and 4. Both the Duke and the Legacy have been correctly installed outside the Lockheed Martin root folder in which P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 reside. With regard to their respective Panel.cfg files and the new 64bit sound gauge, the trick was to find a way to allow Prepar3D v4 to use the new gauge without compromising the already functioning 32bit sound gauge in Prepar3D v3. I believe this has been achieved.

Phew!

Regards,

Mike

On 6/30/2017 at 1:19 PM, Ron Attwood said:

I had a problem with VERY loud flaps/gear. Tried editing the sound.cfg and as Doug said, it made no difference. So I edited the sound files themselves. All good now. That's on the B60 Duke, the Turbine Duke the sounds are OK. In fact I copied the files over from the Turbine to the B60. Made not an iota of difference.

What has come out of this is I now know how to tone down those whooshing air noises! :cool:

Thanks Ron! Your posting gave me the courage to install the old Duke v2 in P3Dv4 and surprisingly works perfect with DD 64bit guage. So following your lead, I used the wav editor you suggested, and decreased the flap and gear sounds to reasonable levels. I agree the wooshing sound are bad and generally broken, so I simply set the amplification to 0 in the wav editor for each woosh wav including pitch and aileron. Sounds are imperceptibly gone. :D

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Hopefully someone can help me with this as its driving me up the wall

I had hoped to figure this out for myself but unfortunately  I'm going round in circles.

Now that the sounds have been updated I'm trying to get my duke into v4 but having zero luck 

So far I've created a folder in the p3dv4 addons called Realair and created an addon xml file with this text

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
     <AddOn.Name>RealAir Turbine Duke</AddOn.Name>
     <AddOn.Description>RealAir Turbine Duke</AddOn.Description>
     <AddOn.Component>
         <Category>SimObjects</Category>
         <Path>E:\RealAir\TurbineDuke V2 P3D3\SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
     </AddOn.Component>
     <AddOn.Component>
         <Category>Effects</Category>
         <Path>E:\RealAir\TurbineDuke V2 P3D3\Effects</Path>
         <Name>RealAirEffects</Name>
     </AddOn.Component>
 </SimBase.Document>

I have also created an addon.xml file in the folder where  I have my turbine duke installed ( this is also the folder that contains my p3dv3 version) this is theaddon.xml in this folder

<AddOn.Name>RealAir Turbine Duke</AddOn.Name>
     <AddOn.Description>RealAir Turbine Duke</AddOn.Description>
     <AddOn.Component>
         <Path>E:\RealAir\TurbineDuke V2 P3D3\SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
     </AddOn.Component>
     <AddOn.Component>
         <Path>E:\RealAir\TurbineDuke V2 P3D3\Effects</Path>
         <Name>RealAirEffects</Name>
     </AddOn.Component>
 </SimBase.Document>

finally i have added the lines

[Package.13]
PATH=E:\RealAir\Turbine Duke V2 P3D3
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

in the addons cfg file in the C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

However when starting p3d I never get asked to enable my duke  if I go to the options and addons I can see the path to my duke and have it ticked to enable but it never shows in the aircraft selections

kind of completely stumped

Can anyone who has this running see what I'm doing wrong

Thanks

Pete Little

You're making it way too complicated. Get rid of everything you've done so far. Install the Turbine Duke by pointing the installer to your V4 folder. Then add the modified .dll by Doug to the gauges folder and delete the .gau file, named the same as the .dll i.e.

RASDukeTv2_Sound

It works.

Cue the clamour!

One last point. At the end of the install process you'll get a message saying 'Can't find the path to FSX' Click OK and navigate to the V4 folder. If you move the control panel shortcut you may have to show it the way again.

This goes for the B60 Duke and the Legacy. Except in the Legacy the Sound .dll goes in the panel folder.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I never get the chance to point the installer to my p3d4 folder 

i only get the option to install into p3dv2 or 3but i will uninstall and try again.

Are you saying i should install it directly into the p3dv4 root folder and not extenally ?

Pete Little

16 minutes ago, mazelda said:

I never get the chance to point the installer to my p3d4 folder 

i only get the option to install into p3dv2 or 3but i will uninstall and try again.

Are you saying i should install it directly into the p3dv4 root folder and not extenally ?

I don't understand why you have add-on.xml added into your install folder, only need it in the documents folder, and you dont need to touch the addons.cfg file in programdata (P3D does that for you when you get the box asking to enable the Duke).

If you already have the Duke in P3Dver3, you can point to that with your add-on.xml file in the documents folder,(but then you will have the 32 and 64 bit sound problem to tackle) or like me, in prep to dump ver 3 eventually, copy the real air folder to you addon folder for ver4.

* what I have done;

Duke folder in P3Dv3 copied to folder I will use for P3Dv4 - 

then in the RealAir folder in documents I add this add-on.xml (thats all that is in the RealAir folder)

<AddOn.Name>Turbine Duke V2 P3D3</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Aircraft RealAir</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Path>J:\RealAir\Turbine Duke V2 P3D3\Effects</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Path>J:\RealAir\Turbine Duke V2 P3D3\SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document> 

Of course you use your paths. then when you start P3d, it finds the xml in the documents add-on folder and then asks you to enable and then P3D itself adds the lines in the addons.cfg

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

This topic now needs the "Elaine" treatment complete with big red arrows. :gaul:

James McLees

Just to expand a little on what Jim and Ron have said already............

1) You can Install the TurbineDuke anywhere on your computer,  Point it to any location on your computer it will automatically create its Own folder

2)  The add-on.xml file goes into your Prepar3D v4 Documents folder, This file will have all the Information to launch the TurbineDuke from any location on your PC

3) You do not manually add any entries to the add-ons.cfg file 

--------

You should only have 1 add-on.xml file and that should only be in the Prepar3D v4 Documents folder,  Click Here for an Example,  Note: this is for MyTraffic 6 but its the very same process,  Follow the arrows from left to right to see the break down of the folders, this is what your TurbineDuke add-on.xml should look like when you have it set up correctly 

-------

Also Insure your add-on.xml file is actually saved as an .xml file and not still as a Tex Document ?  Insure you have This Box  Un-Ticked  in File Explorer Options, Then go back and Insure your add-on.xml is this add-on.xml,  Maybe it says this add-on.xml.txt ?

If so just remove the .txt and Save it

-------

If you are successful with the above, When you launch Prepar3D you will see the Enable add-on box,  You can then view your new add on in the Options > Add-ons menu

When you have gotten this far you can then go back and apply the sound fix 

• Upvote 2

Hi Elaine

Ok so i removed all the extra stuff i had and then fixed the typo I had for the xml file (I had addon.xml instead of add-on.xml)

I then restarted p3dv4 and got asked if i wanted to enable the turbine duke which i clicked yes but i still do not see the aircraft when i try to select it from the vehicles menu

Any ideas why.Is it because i'm using the same aircraft and folder as is used for p3dv3 ?

Pete Little

1 hour ago, mazelda said:

I then restarted p3dv4 and got asked if i wanted to enable the turbine duke which i clicked yes but i still do not see the aircraft when i try to select it from the vehicles menu

Hello Pete,  Ok we are half way there.

Your Issue must be the <Path> you have entered into your add-on.xml file,    You have Installed the TurbineDuke to your E Drive, Is this correct ?  And you let the Installer Automatically create a folder Yes ? 

If you have Installed the Turbine to your E Drive the folder extension you need to Input into your add-on.xml file will look like the Image below,

Notice how I have a Space between Turbine and Duke,  You don't have this Space in your add-on.xml file  

35613146711_a6009fd1d8_o.png

Try this,  On the basis you have Indeed Installed the Turbine to your E Drive,   Your add-on.xml file will be exactly this

Copy and Paste this into your add-on.xml file and Save it,  Launch Prepar3D and test  

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<AddOn.Name>RealAir</AddOn.Name>
<AddOn.Description>Turbine Duke V2</AddOn.Description>

<AddOn.Component>
<Path>E:\RealAir\Turbine Duke V2 P3D3\Effects</Path>
</AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
<Path>E:\RealAir\Turbine Duke V2 P3D3\SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
</AddOn.Component>

</SimBase.Document> 

• Upvote 1

Anyone else having problems with this bird and Chaseplane under V4? It doesn't seem to work quite right, switching to external gives you that half-rendered internal model, need to select an external view from the menu, zoom doesn't seem to work etc. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Sethos I don't have that problem -  running the same setup, I never have on any bird.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Hi all

Especially Elaine,sorry not got back before now but working nights at moment fixing airbuses

Well as you guessed was finger trouble on my part, typo errors as usual.All seems working now,just need to get sound file updated.

Just as an aside,does the add-on scenery follow the same format?

I have all my ai flightplans as bgl files and have them installed currently the old way.I was thinking about updating to the new way if it follows this xml format.

Anyway that is for another day

Cheers for now

rgds

Pete Little