Sign in to follow this  
Alphafoxsierra

Community Update #2 Announced

Being able to call up the ILS frequencies is pretty much essential if we are to do other than visual landings, especially if we do eventually get "procedural" jetliners working in the game.

On 2017-6-2 at 3:46 PM, warbirds said:

Thanks for your answer. I would like to know if it would be easy or even possible for other developers to use this effect on their planes when they produce them for FSW? You obviously have made the effect and made it work with the stock planes so would or could a developer be allowed or encouraged to use this effect or will it remain proprietary to your stock planes only?

We are more than happy to teach other developers how to use it. The reason we spent so much time and effort on our stock aircraft is to set a benchmark! 

• Upvote 1

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

On 2017-6-2 at 3:16 PM, vortex681 said:

I'm a little confused (it happens a lot!). If the problem is not with your end, who else could be responsible? Although the joystick has been out of production for many years, it's plug-and-play in Windows 10 and the forces still work by default in FSX.

FSX has also been around for many years. Sometimes when yuou update software, you discover other programs which don't work as they should.

We aren't in the habit of pointing fingers when something goes wrong, however we are working with the partner in question to get it resolved. 

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

4 minutes ago, DTG Aimee said:

We are more than happy to teach other developers how to use it. The reason we spent so much time and effort on our stock aircraft is to set a benchmark! 

When can we expect the SDK to be released?

3 hours ago, fsxkitty said:

When can we expect the SDK to be released?

We don't have a timeline on that. Our focus now is working with developers individally in order to help them make the most of what Flight SIm World has to offer. I'm really excited to see what developers end up doing with the technologies we have implemented in FSW! 

• Upvote 1

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

8 minutes ago, DTG Aimee said:

We don't have a timeline on that. Our focus now is working with developers individally in order to help them make the most of what Flight SIm World has to offer. I'm really excited to see what developers end up doing with the technologies we have implemented in FSW! 

Sounds good. Any chance you can name these developers?

Obviously not, all parties concerned will have signed confidentiality agreements as part of their contracts.

1 hour ago, fsxkitty said:

Sounds good. Any chance you can name these developers?

I doubt they would choose to name all the developers on board, some might have non disclosure clauses signed, others might simply prefer not to let everyone know their plans and some agreements may be tentative or dependent on stuff yet to be seen in terms of the sim's features.

But.. If you put on your Sherlock Holmes hat, you can formulate a list of 'likely suspects' from a few well-chosen sources, these being:

1. The Credits of Flight Sim World, where many company names are listed and are thus rather obviously involved (to a greater or lesser degree of course), such as A2A, Orbx etc.

2. Steam's Downloadable Content page for FSX, where one might reasonably speculate the companies which are selling their products via there for FSX, will presumably be interested in a similar arrangment for FSW, so that would include Alabeo, Just Flight, A2A, HiFi Simulations among others.

3. The FSW installation folder gave a bit of a clue as to the potential inclusion of trueSky when the folder with the same name appeared in there, and who knos what else you might turn up with a bit of noseying around in that location?

There is of course no guarantee that this is an accurate way to determine what is going on, but it's certainly fun to try to figure stuff out.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

My interest in FSW would be increased 1000% if AS16 and REX clouds/sky/water were available (and works as well as it does in FSX).  As it is, the FSW GA VC experience (ignoring the broken stuff)  and the overall performance has me sold on FSW.  All I can think now is: BRING IT ON!!!!

The only reason I'm sticking with FSX for now is its super rich feature set (though its now lack-luster GA VC is starting to bug me).  Also, the overall terrain textures of FSW are sorely lacking IMO (again...bring on the add ons, orbx PNW, NorCal and SoCal please...pretty please).

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

1 hour ago, TheFamilyMan said:

My interest in FSW would be increased 1000% if AS16 and REX clouds/sky/water were available

The REX developers seem quite open to supporting FSW: https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44983-rex-response-to-xp11-fsw-and-p3dv4/, and that for some products they will provide free hotfixes so that existing customers will be able to use them with FSW at no additional charge.

Haven't heard anything about what HiFi will do. DTG is hinting that weather is a big near-term focus but otherwise playing their cards very close to the vest. If the weather engine gets a big overhaul, it could well be that the old FSX/P3D products will not work with FSW and we need a completely new product for RW weather.

Barry Friedman

@DTG Aimee - Is DTG still on schedule to roll out the second set of updates this week, if so, do you know what day is targeted?  Any updates to the original list?

Thanks!

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

On 2.6.2017 at 2:55 PM, DTG Aimee said:

Just checked with the dev team, and it is model dependent. 

Hmm. Jordan King's youtube video about FSW he made 3weeks ago he sayd that the raindrop effect was global to everything that has glass..

9 hours ago, Cyrex1984 said:

Hmm. Jordan King's youtube video about FSW he made 3weeks ago he sayd that the raindrop effect was global to everything that has glass..

... but the developer still has to write that effect into the .mdl code for his aircraft, FSW can't apply it if the .mdl file doesn't allow for it.

14 hours ago, SmokeDiddy said:

Is DTG still on schedule to roll out the second set of updates this week, if so, do you know what day is targeted?

I'm assuming they meant this coming Friday some time (9/06/17), since they said it was pushed back to 'the end of the week', assuming they mean a working week not including the Saturday..

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

26 minutes ago, Chock said:

I'm assuming they meant this coming Friday some time (9/06/17), since they said it was pushed back to 'the end of the week', assuming they mean a working week not including the Saturday..

Aye, I interpreted it that way too.  I was just prodding for any updated info mainly, but I like surprises also.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy