Alphafoxsierra

Community Update #2 Announced

Hi guys! Last week, we mentioned we were going to update Flight Sim World this week, however we have decided to push it back to the end of next week so we can roll some extras in there for you. This update will focus mainly on feedback we have received from you on our aircraft in addition to performance improvements and various other fixes.

Items that are confirmed for the update next week are as follows:

Performance

We have improved performance in full screen mode for those of you running multiple monitor setups. Additionally, loading times have been improved.

PA-18 Super Cub

• Airspeed indicator calibration has been corrected
  • Reconfigured instrument panel to improve eye-line
  • Contact point adjustments to improve tire/ground contact

PA-28 Cherokee

• Starter torque has been increased to aid cold starts
  • Airspeed indicator calibration has been corrected
  • Optimizations across cockpit instrument selection models

PA-34 Seneca

• Attitude functionality improvements

PA-46 Malibu Mirage

• Annunciator PROP HEAT functionality corrected along with two overhead switches
  •  External glass visibility improved
  • Fixed compass/dial/VOR gauge functionalities

DA40/DA42 Twin/Twinstar

• G1000- functionality improvements
  • Corrected tooltips

RV7       

All aircraft

Gauge highlights now functional across all aircraft. Additionally, we have implemented logic improvements across aircraft auto-pilot systems.

Additional Fixes

• Addressed erroneous paths in Pro Mission editor startup
  • Fix crash related to use of Sidewinder 2 joysticks. Please note force feedback has been disabled for these joysticks.
  • ATC can now be closed with the hotkey.
  • Comms widget is now auto-closed if it doesn’t contain tabs.
  • Server name and password dialogues now sort correctly with flight planner in Multiplayer mode
  • Various crash fixes
  • Various localization fixes

We would like to thank everyone who has helped bring issues to our attention so far, and we look forward to continuing to work with you moving forwards.

Remember, if you experience any issues, please contact the support team at dovetailgames.kayako.com.

Thank you for your support, and we look forward to sharing this update with you next week!

• Upvote 12

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks a bunch Aimee, looking forward to the update.

Do you think the dev team could sneak in a couple of other things:

• Add 20 and 30 mile visibility levels to the weather visibility slider
  • Change the cloud cover slider to set cloud cover in Oktas

Those would be really nice changes and hopefully not too difficult?

Excellent news. Lots of cool fixes on that list.

Loading times have been improved?!! Damn, I was already impressed with those as it was. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fshobby said:

• Change the cloud cover slider to set cloud cover in Oktas

Those would be really nice changes and hopefully not too difficult?

Not if we want to get it released on time ;)

We are still collecting feedback for future updates on our DTG and Steam forums though, so if you pop in there with your ideas they will be looked at!

1 minute ago, DTG_Aimee said:

Not if we want to get it released on time ;)

We are still collecting feedback for future updates on our DTG and Steam forums though, so if you pop in there with your ideas they will be looked at!

Oh well, I figured I'd give it a shot given it's a big annoyance, for me anyway.

I already posted the same comments in the DTG forums so hopefully it's been picked up.

1 hour ago, fshobby said:

I was hoping for the same as I tend to use 20 mile visibilty in FSX.  I've not tried changing anything yet but the visibility seems to be controlled by the "VisibilityPreset1.json" etc. files in the .....FSW\uidata\weatherpresets folder.  They can be opened, and presumably edited, in notepad but whether trying to add additional ones would break the GUI I know not!  Perhaps editing one of the existing ones might be a temporary fix.

5 hours ago, DTG_Aimee said:

Fix crash related to use of Sidewinder 2 joysticks. Please note force feedback has been disabled for these joysticks.

Is it planned to make force-feedback available?

7 hours ago, fshobby said:

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly with this and put in a request as well over at DTG. This is badly needed IMO; 40 mile vis is a little much, the 10 mile vis setting needs work (just not correct or realistic looking). Adding a 20/30 or even a 25 would help a great deal. Eventually I guess the goal is a whole new weather system but in the meantime a couple of extra vis settings to the existing system would be great.

Is there a map you can open while in flight like FSX has? If there is please tell me how to get to it. If there is not please put this on your update list.

Thanks,

• Upvote 1

Aimee,

I do not know whether or not you have followed or taken note of any of my FSW comments lately, but I would like to let you know that this type of communication

with the community is exactly what we need for you to continue.  Well done...keep this up and you have my support. Further updates to FSW as and when they come are going

to be very much appreciated by the community too.

Thank you

Tony Chilcott

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, vortex681 said:

Is it planned to make force-feedback available?

The issue isn't on our end I'm afraid, but we are trying to get it sorted out!

I hope the force feedback can be re-enabled. I'm using a Sidewinder 2 and did not encounter any crashes (but I only have 5 hours flight time in FSW so far). I realize it is an old stick, but it is still held in high regard by many.

Aimee,

that's Great News for us FSW users !

If you could also look at the free castering modelling in the Cub, that would be excellent!

As it is modelled right now, it's tailwheel is steerable / attached to the rudder, while in the real thing it's free castering and the only way to taxi such an aircraft is through the use of differential braking ( toe brakes )...

And now for something I always ask for :-) - when will it be possible to set a full date in Free Flight ? I need to check the consistency of daylight and Moon phase modelling !

Have to give full marks to DTG for keeping us informed on stuff and evidently being on the case with regard to further development. Very impressed. :biggrin:

Great to see that a second update is already upon us.

Is DTG planning to release updates on a weekly/bi-weekly basis?

I have a question for FSW devs. Is the rain on windscreen effect model coded dependent or is it coded in the sim so all addon aircraft will have it?

• Upvote 1

Aimee

Are the updates automatic, ie they d/load in the background when you sign on to DTG/FSW 1st time after release, or do you have to find a clickable link up in the DTG/FSW Forums?

Thanks

T45

1 minute ago, Treetops45 said:

Aimee

Are the updates automatic, ie they d/load in the background when you sign on to DTG/FSW 1st time after release, or do you have to find a clickable link up in the DTG/FSW Forums?

Thanks

T45

They are automatic. They should start downloading once you open the Steam client.

1 hour ago, fsxkitty said:

Great to see that a second update is already upon us.

Is DTG planning to release updates on a weekly/bi-weekly basis?

We are definitely releasing regular updates, however we aren't setting a solid deadline for them it is largely dependent on the content. We can build and release smaller updates in as little as a week, but we are planning some pretty big ones for this summer which will take longer. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

I have a question for FSW devs. Is the rain on windscreen effect model coded dependent or is it coded in the sim so all addon aircraft will have it?

Just checked with the dev team, and it is model dependent. 

I am beginning to see a potentially new practice among developers, that is, the introduction of "early releases". This is not new, but what is potentially exciting and positive is the fact that they are developing a fairly tight user -developer feedback in practically real time-- with frequent updates, too.

I welcome the fact that DTG is providing timely updates and keeping us in the loop. This, I believe, reduces the amount of anxiety and sense of disappointment that many feel in a new release.

Keep it up DTG.

Also, what I suspect is happening is the realization that focusing on few good things is better than providing all kinds of features that don't fully work.

If DTG aims at, first, to become the best GA sim out there, it can set the bar for good future add ons. Creating new and more complex planes and features  is then a matter of time and third party participation.

Let's see.

tony

1 hour ago, DTG Aimee said:

They are automatic. They should start downloading once you open the Steam client.

Thank you

Keep up the good work with the Communicating. It's appreciated.

T45

7 hours ago, DTG Aimee said:

The issue isn't on our end I'm afraid, but we are trying to get it sorted out!

I'm a little confused (it happens a lot!). If the problem is not with your end, who else could be responsible? Although the joystick has been out of production for many years, it's plug-and-play in Windows 10 and the forces still work by default in FSX.

3 hours ago, warbirds said:

So really no different to FSX, then? I was hoping that it would be hard-coded in as it was in FS9 as it seems to be the feature which everyone mentions when talking about FSW.

Thanks for your answer. I would like to know if it would be easy or even possible for other developers to use this effect on their planes when they produce them for FSW? You obviously have made the effect and made it work with the stock planes so would or could a developer be allowed or encouraged to use this effect or will it remain proprietary to your stock planes only?

• Upvote 1