Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[03JUN17] Information Specific to 747-400 compatibility with Prepar3D v4

Slightly off topic but does anyone know of any airliners working in v4? Need my fix while I wait for this beauty!

Thanks,

12 minutes ago, warbirds said:

If it does not work for me than V4 has nothing to offer for me. Ok ready for another of your very informative replies. 

So much for immature :-D 

I have this info for you: I don't care about the whine. 

i installed it on my machine and it says in the operation center that v4 has been installed, but when i RUN pmdg 747 in v4, i get black monitors..

what could this be ?

Probably because the V4 compatible version hasn't been released yet

My guess is, that the DLL's isn't being compatible with 64-bit (since they're still 32-bit) and therefore can't be used by the sim. The DLL's are necessary to determine whether or not the product is activated or not.

How you the Operations Center to recognize that it's installed in Prepar3D V4 is beyond me to begin with... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and for all the hard work Robert and team!

She is well worth the wait.

24 minutes ago, scaramanger said:

Slightly off topic but does anyone know of any airliners working in v4? Need my fix while I wait for this beauty!

Thanks,

That's kind of the issue right now - there are very few aircraft available at the moment.  Certainly the 747 v3 is the only one that will let us "cheat" the OOM devil.  The OOM devil is the WHOLE POINT of 64-bit.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

1 minute ago, ahuimanu said:

That's kind of the issue right now - there are very few aircraft available at the moment.  Certainly the 747 v3 is the only one that will let us "cheat" the OOM devil.  The OOM devil is the WHOLE POINT of 64-bit.

Your not kidding! I was away from siming for a long time (since I release the PS Panels 737NG way back when we all used 4:3 monitors!) but recently got back in with P3D v3 - OOMs are killing me though with the PMDG birds - extremely excited for these to be released was just hoping there might be something (anything!) to tide me over!

Thanks,

5 minutes ago, scaramanger said:

Your not kidding! I was away from siming for a long time (since I release the PS Panels 737NG way back when we all used 4:3 monitors!) but recently got back in with P3D v3 - OOMs are killing me though with the PMDG birds - extremely excited for these to be released was just hoping there might be something (anything!) to tide me over!

Thanks,

Yep.

Analogously: the does (complex larger airports) are coming out for Spring, but the bucks (larger complex airliners) to, erm... "fill" them, are absent.  Mating season is on hold!

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Thanks for the information---This sort of communication always helps big time. If it is almost ready but not quite--then so be it. I just went to my account and did a rouge estimate of what I HAD SPENT AT PMDG OVER THE YEARS AND IT TOTALED OUT TO BETWEEN 1600.00 AND 1700.00--I would not have invested that amount unless I was very very happy with the product. Keep up the good work. I am so looking forward to flying long VA flights without the oom issues. Wish you guys were coming to Simcon 2017

Cheers

Dorn

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

Glad I could brighten your day and appreciate your deep concern for those of us that are having problems getting V4 to run correctly. 

Never had an Ohm in V3 with the new 747 and going from complex airport to complex airport. I am also open to suggestions on how to fix V4 so I can enjoy it but if you would rather reply with immature thoughts than go right ahead.

Well... immature replies tend to appear when one makes such ridiculous *and generalized* statements...

Robert,

Stop working, I figured it all out! I did some reading on how to convert 32 bit code to 64 bit and I found the answer for you:

"In the drop-down for “Type or select the new platform”, select “x64”. If x64 does not exist, you will need to install the Visual Studio 2008 64-bit extensions, as shown in step 1."

Just do that and everything will work swell.

In all seriousness, I'd better stop and let the experts do their job :)

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!

17 minutes ago, captain_adf said:

Robert,

Stop working, I figured it all out! I did some reading on how to convert 32 bit code to 64 bit and I found the answer for you:

"In the drop-down for “Type or select the new platform”, select “x64”. If x64 does not exist, you will need to install the Visual Studio 2008 64-bit extensions, as shown in step 1."

lol

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

I have v4 downloaded, waiting for the 747 before installing. Was hoping to fly it this weekend but hey, v3 will do for now. Take your time guys. 

sig1.png
sig2.png

20 minutes ago, captain_adf said:

Robert,

Andrew,

DANGIT.  I knew we dorgot to do SOMETHING.  :laugh:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com