rsrandazzo

[03JUN17] Information Specific to 747-400 compatibility with Prepar3D v4

Captains,

We are still chasing down some pretty annoying issues with making the 747-400 compatible for use with Prepar3D v4.

On Friday morning, we were pretty certain we would have a release for you during the night tonight, but it has been a frustrating night of solving what appears to be a nearly non-stop chain of very small items.

Any of you who have flown an airplane will understand when I say that "sometimes you just know by instinct that you should abort the takeoff..."  That is how I felt tonight as we were discussing whether or not to release this update to you, without a clear picture in our minds of why we had just seen a few oddities that were not repeatable.

I know you all are eager to get flying in Prepar3D v4- and believe me- this transition is making a complete hash of our development timeline, so we are eager to get you flying in Prepar3D v4 as well-  but not unlike the professional flight crew up on the flight deck of an actual 747, you aren't only paying us to know when to release this product, you are paying us to know when NOT to release it...

The "no-go" decision is always the hardest decision I have to make because I know it is frustrating to wait for a highly anticipated product.  But please trust me- we don't want you to experience 10x the frustration with a product that randomly misbehaves in ways that ruin your enjoyment of the new simulator.

I'm going to get a few hours of sleep, and we will all be back here chipping away at the issues on Saturday and I'll let you know how things are looking throughout the day.  The moment we sort out these last couple of items- she will be all yours!

• Upvote 26

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No worries RSR,

These are one the most frustrating time during a development of such a product. We will get there no matter what but it's better to do it slowly

Have a Great Weekend :smile:

Thank you for the update.

It's always good to know what's happening and in this case, what isn't happening. I hope we can all appreciate the transparency of this eagerly awaited (again) product.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the update, Robert. It's extremely frustrating when doing troubleshooting and you run into bugs which aren't repeatable...

Hope it works out for you. Get some well deserved rest now.

Thanks Robert. My I ask if the triple 7 as the same issues or are you waiting after 747 releases, because of priorities?

Hello,
Thank you for the update and most of all, thank you for the hard working from testers.

There is no need to rush. However I have to admit I refresh PMDG and FSLabs forum countless time every single day.

Hoang Le

• Upvote 2

+1

Better a product that is perfectly working as always from PMDG than a buggy thing. 

Thanks for the update Robert

In the words of the immortal, bugger! 

Good luck finding those last elusive bugs

So if you need one more to test this bird - just let me know. The last days I'm used to test everything in v4 with and without problems, so an aircraft would be no problem for me here :biggrin:

Thanks for the update Robert. I bet if you deem it not ready, it is not ready. So be it. I can wait another week if need be, and I appreciate you saying you will try to get it out the door tomorrow... or this weekend..

I waited for 64bit a loooooooong time.... I think I can wait 1 or 2 weeks for the Queen now ;)

• Upvote 1

After waiting for years for a 64bit version of the simulator, what's a few days wait to get the best aircraft simulation ever. Thanks for the update and for your efforts and release when you are happy it's ready to go.

Regards

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, swiesma said:

I waited for 64bit a loooooooong time.... I think I can wait 1 or 2 weeks for the Queen now ;)

weeks :blink:

but... but... 

:laugh:

Perhaps I'm old and lame but hoping to fly her tonight. ..

Was hoping to get the queen up and put a few miles on the clock as I'm off work till tuesday but hopefully this will help the teams understanding of V4 and speed up the process with the other birds. As much as I love the Queen I will spend most of my time in the 737.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Boomer said:

Perhaps I'm old and lame but hoping to fly her tonight. ..

I hope so too :D 

as I refuse to go back to standard default scenery I have not been able to do a single proper flight with the 744 until now without OOM :D I'm so begging to jump in the Queen's cockpit and get her up :D haha

And that is why I am returning v4 and sticking with v3. Looks the same to me and runs worse so why not?

No rush. Without Vector, FSUIPC, EZdok, FS Real Time, there will be no takeoff for me anyways...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

...but not unlike the professional flight crew up on the flight deck of an actual 747, you aren't only paying us to know when to release this product, you are paying us to know when NOT to release it...

Sooo...that's what the sim instructor meant last recurrent...:wink:

Seriously...I appreciate your predicament and applaud your decision to take the time to get it right.  Now that I've moved to the left seat of the 767 this is how I scratch my "Whale" itch.  QOTSII blew me away with its attention to detail and I look forward to its implementation in v4.

David Rosenblum

former -400/-8 FO

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, warbirds said:

And that is why I am returning v4 and sticking with v3. Looks the same to me and runs worse so why not?

YMMV.

p3dv4 is a marked improvement in performance for me and will kill those pervasive oom errors that ruin my fun

• Upvote 4

It's ok, my new Win 10 setup with the P3dv4 activated and the ORbx Global, and LCs and trees all downloaded and installed has crashed. Yup.. I am unable to boot into my Win 10 P3dv4 system.  : (  I need to send a note to LM to reactivate my consumed license.. not sure what I need to do with Orbx.

I am not ready for another week or so! 

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

Thanks for the good laugh :-)

• Upvote 2