Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Taxi2Gate sceneries v4 compatible?

I've bought all my T2G scenery from Simmarket.  The only one I see which says v4 compatible on the product page is LFPG which I don't have, typical.  Anyone know whats happening with the others, I have already shoe horned KSEA and KMCO into v4 without any "known" problems.  I'm against doing this in principle though to ensure stability.  The only other scenery I have is LTBA which doesn't have a v4 installer either.

Anyone know if shoe horning v3 into v4 is going to do any lasting damage or better to wait for proper installs? 

Have we heard anything from T2G at all regarding v4 compatibility??

Thomas Derbyshire

Most of their info is on their facebook page.  They are pretty bad about keeping people in the loop.  They said all scenery should work fine just pointing to the V4 folder.  Supposedly they are also building new installers for other scenery as well.  I have no idea when they will be released though.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

2 hours ago, sfgiants13 said:

Most of their info is on their facebook page.  They are pretty bad about keeping people in the loop.  They said all scenery should work fine just pointing to the V4 folder.  Supposedly they are also building new installers for other scenery as well.  I have no idea when they will be released though.

Should work fine sounds good but has there been any assurances their non native installers wont cause instability issues?

Thomas Derbyshire

I like the idea of having separate folders for each dev, adding scenery manually, and backing up the scenery.cfg file. It's the method I've always used with the scenery config editor.

Two issues I have are that I get slow loading with some T2G airports & my runway lights don't show up. The latest version of KSEA installs into the simmarket folder. Rwy light don't show up. KMCO, one rwy light work. At LTBA, there's a patch available, so those rwy lights work.

If anyone knows how to get the runway lights to work, thanks in advance.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

DJJose,  I have found the documentation for Taxi2gate patches lacking and sometimes confusing.  When I installed KMCO to P3DV3,  I had no runway or taxi lights. When I tried with P3DV4, I studied the different patches and followed hunches on what order to install them in.  I guess I got lucky.  Runway lights work, the centerline green taxiway lights work, and the taxiway edge lights work after a fashion, but I don't see them until its totally dark. They appear as glowing little pipes with a blue tinge, sticking up from the ground.  There is no actual bulb visible, but from a practical aspect I still get guidance.

Fortunately I made notes which I keep in my install file folder.  Here they are; I hope they make sense:

First run T2G_KMCO.exe followed by MCO-UPDATE12-1.exe.

Then add the elements in the folder, KMCO-UPDATE2-1.

Finally add the .bgl file KMCO_AF.

If you follow this sequence the lighting and gates should appear properly.

I'm thinking, if memory serves me, that the taxi light bulbs were visible before I installed the latest P3D hotfix, but I sure wouldn't bet on it.  My forgeter seems to work better than my rememberer these days. :mellow:

Hope you find this useful.

In regards to KSEA, strangely R34L and R34C runway lights work, but the lights on 34R do not.  The taxiway lights work fine.  Also there is no approach lighting.

Regards,

Tom

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Murfman said:

DJJose,  I have found the documentation for Taxi2gate patches lacking and sometimes confusing.  When I installed KMCO to P3DV3,  I had no runway or taxi lights. When I tried with P3DV4, I studied the different patches and followed hunches on what order to install them in.  I guess I got lucky.  Runway lights work, the centerline green taxiway lights work, and the taxiway edge lights work after a fashion, but I don't see them until its totally dark. They appear as glowing little pipes with a blue tinge, sticking up from the ground.  There is no actual bulb visible, but from a practical aspect I still get guidance.

Fortunately I made notes which I keep in my install file folder.  Here they are; I hope they make sense:

First run T2G_KMCO.exe followed by MCO-UPDATE12-1.exe.

Then add the elements in the folder, KMCO-UPDATE2-1.

Finally add the .bgl file KMCO_AF.

If you follow this sequence the lighting and gates should appear properly.

I'm thinking, if memory serves me, that the taxi light bulbs were visible before I installed the latest P3D hotfix, but I sure wouldn't bet on it.  My forgeter seems to work better than my rememberer these days. :mellow:

Hope you find this useful.

In regards to KSEA, strangely R34L and R34C runway lights work, but the lights on 34R do not.  The taxiway lights work fine.  Also there is no approach lighting.

Regards,

Tom

Thanks Tom!

My rwy lights work now!!!!!

On 7/17/2017 at 7:57 PM, sfgiants13 said:

Most of their info is on their facebook page ...

I will not create a FB account - by no means. So T2G airports are not for me.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

7 hours ago, Nemo said:

That's interesting. I have a Facebook account solely to keep track of what FS developers are doing. I have never used it for social purposes. Not even my wife can reach me on it. :biggrin:

7 hours ago, Nemo said:

You can also follow their news without an account.  I am by no means active on it but still use it to track what's going on like murfman does.

• Upvote 1

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

17 hours ago, Murfman said:

DJJose,  I have found the documentation for Taxi2gate patches lacking and sometimes confusing. 

Hi Tom,

I installed on v3 and runways, gates, buildings  looks good but on v4 nothing have black spots instead of gates and buildings. 

Maybe the documentation that you found could help me because I haven't find any help on t2g forum.

Thanks

Pierre

i7-8700K 3.70 GHz, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung SSD 840 840 EVO 1TB,  RAM 16 GB, Triple Monitors : 2 LG and Planar touch screen PCT 2265 as main monitor,  Windows 10 up to date 🙂

On July 24, 2017 at 10:13 AM, pilecan said:

I installed on v3 and runways, gates, buildings  looks good but on v4 nothing have black spots instead of gates and buildings. 

Maybe the documentation that you found could help me because I haven't find any help on t2g forum.

Thanks

Pilecan, I did not find any documentation that was useful, but I played some hunches, which worked for me and apparently DDJJose. See my reply to him about seven replies above this one.  Good luck.

Tom

On 7/25/2017 at 8:11 PM, hawkhero said:

Will EDDM and KSEA work with P3dv4? I tried to install them but had no luck. I changed to the p3dv4 path but it did not work. Tried to add the scenery but got a error that a scenery area was missing. Thanks for any help .

You can install the latest KSEA installer for p3d v3, but your runway lights will not work. If you only fly during the day, then it's ok.