sidfadc

Taxi2Gate sceneries v4 compatible?

Recommended Posts

As the title suggests I don't see anything on their site?

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I actually copied their KMCO scenery over from Prepar3d v3 last night to Prepar3d v4 and manually added it to the scenery list.  Seems to work fine.  Also to my surprise the trams still continue to move from the gates to the terminals which surprised me.

Share this post


Link to post

Do you point the installer to the v4 folder or are you installing into dummy folders and moving it over manually?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TopGun33 said:

I can confirm LFPG works fine also.

are sode gates working?

Share this post


Link to post

I have not tried these, just flew around with the R22 checking for some missing building or glitches.

Share this post


Link to post

I have only OTHH from them. Working fine tho

Share this post


Link to post

I have re run the installer and pointed it to my P3D installation.  Have to manually insert the entries into the scenery library at least for me.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Lbt564 said:

are sode gates working?

Hi again,

I have tried this morning with the PMDG 744 at two different gates, and I am happy to confirm that they work.

However, GSX was not able to trigger them, I had to do it using the SODE interface. Otherwise perfectly fine.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

Do you point the installer to the v4 folder or are you installing into dummy folders and moving it over manually?

I just added them to the v4 scenery library by pointing at the v3 folders, didn't move any files and all seems to be fine at KSEA  and VHHH

Share this post


Link to post

If you are manually relocating from an existing install you may want to be sure you check in your "old" effects folder - there are some T2G effects associated with their sceneries . . .

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone try TFFR and TKPK?

And has there been any official word from the developer?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

Anyone try TFFR and TKPK?

 

Copied over the TKPK and TKPK Terrain folders and added them manually. Also copy over the "T2G**" files from the textures folder in V3 over to the textures folder in V4 for the town buildings to display properly. So far so good.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, FrankSalo said:

 

Copied over the TKPK and TKPK Terrain folders and added them manually. Also copy over the "T2G**" files from the textures folder in V3 over to the textures folder in V4 for the town buildings to display properly. So far so good.

I am a FSX user so all my T2G airports are the FSX versions. If I had the P3D versions I would try you instructions.

So how does St. Kitts look in P3Dv4? 

Share this post


Link to post

When I bought it in 2015 the installer was for both and as far as I'm aware only the install to P3D option was added. Give it a try. It looks pretty good. I'm at work so I don't have any screenshots to upload. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, FrankSalo said:

When I bought it in 2015 the installer was for both and as far as I'm aware only the install to P3D option was added. Give it a try. It looks pretty good. I'm at work so I don't have any screenshots to upload. 

I will give it a go after work. Luckily I only have one dive today. 😆

Share this post


Link to post

For those copying folders over, exactly where would you copy them to?  There's no 'Addon Scenery' folder in P3Dv4 to install to. 

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, curt1 said:

For those copying folders over, exactly where would you copy them to?  There's no 'Addon Scenery' folder in P3Dv4 to install to. 

I've made a folder called Addons just outside of my P3D main folder and then made sub-folders such as 'taxi2gate' and put the airports there and then linked to them accordingly.

So far taxi2gate, justsim, digital design, simbreeze, tropicalsim are all working perfectly this way for me - UK2000 are also working except need to delete files within the scenery folder of each airport containing the word animate, trigger or fs9 - then they're fully compatiable

Infact out of my collection of almost 100 airports, only Aerosofts Dublin, Frankfurt don't work due to ground BGL and then LHSim Budapest due to the way they load buildings.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, rdtv91 said:

I've made a folder called Addons just outside of my P3D main folder and then made sub-folders such as 'taxi2gate' and put the airports there and then linked to them accordingly.

So far taxi2gate, justsim, digital design, simbreeze, tropicalsim are all working perfectly this way for me - UK2000 are also working except need to delete files within the scenery folder of each airport containing the word animate, trigger or fs9 - then they're fully compatiable

Infact out of my collection of almost 100 airports, only Aerosofts Dublin, Frankfurt don't work due to ground BGL and then LHSim Budapest due to the way they load buildings.

Forgive my ignorance, but when you say you linked to them, are you creating .xml files to point to them, or just clicking 'add area' in the sim's scenery.cfg tab?  I'm so accustomed to standard installers that I'm getting lost in the verbiage everyone uses.  Thanks for your help.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Curt,

I was going to do the .xml files but would of ended up taking so much longer so in the interim, i made a backup of my scenery.cfg file so I can always revert back (i.e. before p3d updates so it's all fresh), I then added them to the scenery config the same way as the past as in add area like you typed.

The good thing is by having all my add ons laid out in my own manual way, it means I can essentially 'back up' my 'installed sceneries' and put the folder back and then its simply re-linking in the scenery config whenever a p3d update or a reformat is needed, the inner-OCD is satisfied.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, rdtv91 said:

Hi Curt,

I was going to do the .xml files but would of ended up taking so much longer so in the interim, i made a backup of my scenery.cfg file so I can always revert back (i.e. before p3d updates so it's all fresh), I then added them to the scenery config the same way as the past as in add area like you typed.

The good thing is by having all my add ons laid out in my own manual way, it means I can essentially 'back up' my 'installed sceneries' and put the folder back and then its simply re-linking in the scenery config whenever a p3d update or a reformat is needed, the inner-OCD is satisfied.

Okay, got it, thanks again for your help.

Share this post


Link to post

To create a link, you could create a small .bat file to run.

To do this AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS CAN POTENTIALLY RUIN YOUR P3D V3.

Create on your desktop a raw text. Give it any name.

Open with Notepad.

Add the following text :

mklink /j "c:\Users\"Your User Name"\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files" "c:\Users\TopGun\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files"
mklink /j "c:\Users\"Your User Name"\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons" "c:\Users\TopGun\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons"
mklink /j "c:\Users\"Your User Name"\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3" "c:\Users\TopGun\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4"
mklink /j "c:\Users\"Your User Name"\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3" "c:\Users\TopGun\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4"
mklink /j "c:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3" "c:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4"
mklink /j "D:\Prepar3D v3" "D:\Prepar3D v4" 

The last line should look like "Wherever your P3DV3 is located" then "Wherever your P3DV4 is located"

Then close notepad, rename the extension into .bat instead of .cfg ; double click on the file and you should be good.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS CAN POTENTIALLY RUIN YOUR P3D V3.

Edited by TopGun33

Share this post


Link to post

That bat is fine, except you're then installing them within the p3d directory and any future p3d updates you'll need to re-install everything again, by my DIY way you've essentially got a backed up directory of addon scenery that you can re-link in the cfg file at any time after updates.

Thanks for the options though, it's amazing how this community comes together and the more ways of doing things the better!?!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now