Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyo

Fsx Deluxe and Windows 10

I got a brand new computer with Windows 10. I can not get FSx deluxe to install. I'm going nuts trying to get this to work. If you have any suggestions please help. Give as much info you can as I am not very computer savvy. Thanks

Actually, more info is needed from you.  Have you used these discs before?

Did they work?  Are you installing to the default location in Program

Files?  Are you getting any error while the install is running?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

i can confirm that all versions of FSX work under Windows 10.

What is the error that you're getting, and when do you get it?

By the way, the most up to date and stable version of FSX is the Steam version (found on the Steam website).  It's often on sale for about $5 USD.  I'd highly encourage you to use this version of FSX.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

This is a PM I got from the OP Bobbyo, It might be useful for others to see and provide more info.

Bobbyo 0

Started conversation: 1 hour ago ·

Hi, I wanted to thank you for answering my question about flight sim and Windows 10 but I couldn't figure out how to respond on the actual page. 

So the disks I have are original with the original key. Always has worked on my past bunch of computers. The error codes, I didn't write down of course. Basically it said failed to install after installing for 30 minutes. 

Then I read to copy both disks to a desktop folder which I didn't and then I got an error as well. That I can retry a little later and get you the code.

thanks again.

rob

I advised about multiple failed attempts at install and how registry items may need to be cleaned out

before any more attempts.  Also checking the discs for marks or srcatches.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi Charlie. Great advice about the Registry(an CCleaner will not do, I'm afraid) as I too had this very same issue when trying to install FSX Gold off disks, as I wanted to install the PMDG MD-11 for FSX before upgrading to FSX-SE. In the end, I had to do a complete OS(Windows 10) re-install, after of course, saving data. Thereafter, with a fresh clean Registry, FSX Gold installed flawlessly, the MD-11 uinstalled and ran flawlessly. Finally, installed, FSX-SE

4 hours ago, charliearon said:

This is a PM I got from the OP Bobbyo, It might be useful for others to see and provide more info.

The OP was a New Member when he posted and we have restrictions on New Member posting to help us avoid attacks by spammers.  Somehow the setting got changed and he was able to start the topic but not reply.  I have made the OP a Member and he now has full capability to post and start topics.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

4 hours ago, charliearon said:

Then I read to copy both disks to a desktop folder which I didn't and then I got an error as well.

Some optical drives are more tolerant to physical disk problems than others. Assuming the optical drive came with your new computer, and you're also having problems just copying the disk contents to your hard drive, I'd suspect that the disk has a problem that your specific drive doesn't like. Try another optical drive if you can or go for FSX:SE (especially in a Steam sale) which doesn't need disks or registration.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I had this problem and could not beat it. My Fsx got corrupted and the OS would not let me reinstall after uninstalling everything because it kept saying it was already installed. I ended up getting a new PC. I am getting really good frame rates on my new rig and do not regret the upgrade. So if your PC is getting a bit old then maybe this might be the way for you too.