Sign in to follow this  
Alex Kulak

Freeware 737 or 777 for P3D v4

Recommended Posts

Has anyone found a Freeware 737 or 777 for P3D v4 that work and can last me these 2 long weeks til pmdg releases those planes?

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

try vfr with small ones :) (btw I am waiting them too)

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, grattis said:

try vfr with small ones :) (btw I am waiting them too)

ive done many with the corendao and stuff that comes with the sims, just gets boring because i like to fly long hauls and flight routes airlines use

Share this post


Link to post

fsx default 737, a321 and crj work.  Whether you would want to fly them is another issue :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, lzamm said:

fsx default 737, a321 and crj work.  Whether you would want to fly them is another issue :)

 

 

have a download link lol? 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Alex Kulak said:

Has anyone found a Freeware 737 or 777 for P3D v4 that work and can last me these 2 long weeks til pmdg releases those planes?

Hi Alex,

I went through this process last night, so I can provide some feedback.

Having scored the net, the best source of freeware for P3D v4 - ugh, freeware, havent touched that since fs9, but i digress - is the Rikoo site.

Many of the freeware planes there are not DX12/P3D v4 compliant, but some are marked specifically as so, and even have v4-specific installers.

For jets, I have test flown:

The Air China 747

The 727 Fed Ex/DHL

- both good performers. As I'm flying in VR, i needed to change the standard viewpoint in the aircraft file - this was poorly set - and the sound is suboptimal. I experimented late last night with using the sound from some of my other jets in these planes, much better.

Also, you asked for a 777 and 737. I have good news! They have a 777, and it has a 737 cockpit! Two birds, one stone. Not as nice as the two jets above IMHO.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I just saw a freeware 737-300-400-500 posted today in the file library here for fsx, not sure if it will also work in p3d or not

Share this post


Link to post

Lol, these are desperate times indeed.  Come on PMDG!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Hi Alex,

I went through this process last night, so I can provide some feedback.

Having scored the net, the best source of freeware for P3D v4 - ugh, freeware, havent touched that since fs9, but i digress - is the Rikoo site.

Many of the freeware planes there are not DX12/P3D v4 compliant, but some are marked specifically as so, and even have v4-specific installers.

For jets, I have test flown:

The Air China 747

The 727 Fed Ex/DHL

- both good performers. As I'm flying in VR, i needed to change the standard viewpoint in the aircraft file - this was poorly set - and the sound is suboptimal. I experimented late last night with using the sound from some of my other jets in these planes, much better.

Also, you asked for a 777 and 737. I have good news! They have a 777, and it has a 737 cockpit! Two birds, one stone. Not as nice as the two jets above IMHO.

 

Awesome job last night! i will go check out the rikoo site, and start to fly something. 

1 hour ago, Pilot53 said:

Lol, these are desperate times indeed.  Come on PMDG!!

Personally i think PMDG released wrong for P3D V4. They shouldve went the 737 then the 777 because most people have those. Then released the 744 with a SP compatible with V4 that way they can get straight into the 748I, and other long porjects we wont see for years after the announce it. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this