Sign in to follow this  
mulgrave

Nvidia driver

Recommended Posts

Hi

 

What Nvidia driver are you using for prepar3d V4 ?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Latest 382.33 .

 

Works fantastic - Might even be the best SLI driver i have seen.

Absolut zero stutter with unlimtedFPS and 25HZ 4K monitor. (VSYNC ON)

 

No problem in the PMDG 747 at FSDT CYVR,ORBX,PNW,AS2016,ASCA and LOD6.5 and most slider at 100-75% to the right

Water on Ultra but traffic at 6% (MT6 and road traffic,boats 35%)

Same goes for Flytampa areas and FB KSFO

SHADOWS MEDIUM , and internal,external,simobjects and clouds ticked

No dynamics and no speed trees

 

2 X GTX970 SLI

i7@4770K@4,66 HT OFF

16GB DDR3 2400

SSD EVO 1TB

W10 64 bit

4K@55"

Thanks

Michael Moe

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Just installing latest, since I got (all of sudden and unexpected FPS drop, and a lot of system freezing) probably the oldest here 373.06 ones(!) and they served me well ...up until few days back.

Not sure is it about drivers but I thought I could try. God have a mercy on my pc. :ampun:

edit:

But it doesn't look good, seems like installer is just hanging there. Oh hell...

and everything was going so well.

I knew it... it was just too good to be true I have to admit, I jinx it, I used to have 60 - 120 fps - with my old GTX 770 2G !?! :huh: What did I have done and drop to ~2030, with a lot of stutters and system freeze ... I really don't know. :sendu:

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Latest 382.33 .

 

Works fantastic - Might even be the best SLI driver i have seen.

Absolut zero stutter with unlimtedFPS and 25HZ 4K monitor. (VSYNC ON)

 

No problem in the PMDG 747 at FSDT CYVR,ORBX,PNW,AS2016,ASCA and LOD6.5 and most slider at 100-75% to the right

Water on Ultra but traffic at 6% (MT6 and road traffic,boats 35%)

Same goes for Flytampa areas and FB KSFO

SHADOWS MEDIUM , and internal,external,simobjects and clouds ticked

No dynamics and no speed trees

 

2 X GTX970 SLI

i7@4770K@4,66 HT OFF

16GB DDR3 2400

SSD EVO 1TB

W10 64 bit

4K@55"

Thanks

Michael Moe

 

 

Amy shimmering with 4k

Are you using 4msaa or 4xssaa?

Thanks

Mike 

Share this post


Link to post

I've got issues with the latest 382.33 drivers on both of my machines with Nvidia cards in them, a 1070 and a 970.  On both, either overclocking or reporting of clock speeds does not function correctly as my clocks have become signficantly lower than they used to be.  On the 970 machine I have experienced BSODs while running Google Chrome (just sitting idle).  If anyone else experiences similar problems I suggest you revert to a previous driver.

Share this post


Link to post

I had to step back 2 versions to April's offering because the last 2 broke SteamVR over Riftcat/VRidge.   

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, TechguyMaxC said:

I've got issues with the latest 382.33 drivers on both of my machines with Nvidia cards in them, a 1070 and a 970.  On both, either overclocking or reporting of clock speeds does not function correctly as my clocks have become signficantly lower than they used to be.  On the 970 machine I have experienced BSODs while running Google Chrome (just sitting idle).  If anyone else experiences similar problems I suggest you revert to a previous driver.

I experience not quite BSOD but complete system freeze, sometimes early into flight sometimes not. Not sure is that some OOM (shouldn't they be history now?) or ...something else. I have rather modest system with i5-3570K 3.40GHz OC to 4G (hmm maybe that's the problem I wonder now,:mellow: although temps seems fine), GTX 770 and 8G of ram.

And I can't really revert back since I got same with my oldtimer (but up until P3D v4 very relieable) 373.06.

Have to test it much more, may be some of the (not supported) add ons I have add to P3D v4 64bit.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Amy shimmering with 4k

Are you using 4msaa or 4xssaa?

Thanks

Mike 

I am only using 2 x MSAA but maybe there is some shimmering cant tell. Will try 2 xSSAA

 

Michael Moe

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, TechguyMaxC said:

as my clocks have become signficantly lower than they used to be.

The pref level/state on past drivers also had an issue with using Ultra water. I did a check the other day and got the same result I couldn't confirm this as CPU-Z information on this appears to be greyed out for some reason.

bob 

Share this post


Link to post

If I do not miss update, I run up to date driver all day long.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this