Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Scandinavianaviator

"you do not have permission to install new files on this computer"

Recommended Posts

Hey all. Again, again, again, i am having some problems after installing a scenery where i am getting this weird error saying i need administrator log on to complete the scenery installing. I have P3D running as admin, yet i still get this dumb message.

I hope someone can help me :/

https://prnt.sc/fjb8es

Share this post


Link to post

What OS? What anti virus? Are you running the install as Administrator? Where do you have P3D installed? Dedicated folder or ProgramFiles(x86)?

 

Try disabling your antivirus temporarily then right click on the installer and select Run As Administrator and see what works.

Vic


 

P3D#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 2080ti 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
P3D#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors
 

Share this post


Link to post

What version of windows are you running and have you tried turning off any anti virus you have installed? VGbaron, you and  I posted at the exact same time, you can delete mine. 

 


PF3 Beta Tester

Bob Cardone        P3D 3,4       FlyVirtual.net   Aivlasoft EFB2  /pf3-supporter.gif

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

You might receive this message if you have not run the installer as administrator.

Regards,

Gordon


Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, vgbaron said:

What OS? What anti virus? Are you running the install as Administrator? Where do you have P3D installed? Dedicated folder or ProgramFiles(x86)?

 

Try disabling your antivirus temporarily then right click on the installer and select Run As Administrator and see what works.

Vic

Anti virus is Windows Defender, and it is turned off. And yes the install was also ran by admin. P3D is installed on my D: drive, and yes dedicated folder. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Harvgordon said:

You might receive this message if you have not run the installer as administrator.

Regards,

Gordon

I reinstalled the scenery and made sure it was install as admin, same thing.. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Scandinavianaviator said:

I reinstalled the scenery and made sure it was install as admin, same thing.. 

I know, but did you run the P3D installer as admin? 


Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Harvgordon said:

I know, but did you run the P3D installer as admin? 

he said he did, and if it is on the D Drive, shouldn't make a difference. 


PF3 Beta Tester

Bob Cardone        P3D 3,4       FlyVirtual.net   Aivlasoft EFB2  /pf3-supporter.gif

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Bobsk8 said:

he said he did, and if it is on the D Drive, shouldn't make a difference. 

Sorry I didn't read the last post, thank you for the reminder.


Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

Share this post


Link to post

Hello

There are a number of reasons for this to happen, but these 2 are very common.

1- Before installing the scenery right click on the "exe" oe "zip"file and under properties make sure to "unblock it" before running or extracting it as administrator. Also make sure you have full admin rights on the destination folder.

2- Did you run the windows cleanup program and selected all options? (Serious BUG in windows 10, as it may mess up Windows defender and your security settings)

 


Ramón.
Time, is the one thing no one can buy.
ovbe94a9nab0bbc6g.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Kabronicus said:

Hello

There are a number of reasons for this to happen, but these 2 are very common.

1- Before installing the scenery right click on the "exe" oe "zip"file and under properties make sure to "unblock it" before running or extracting it as administrator. Also make sure you have full admin rights on the destination folder.

2- Did you run the windows cleanup program and selected all options? (Serious BUG in windows 10, as it may mess up Windows defender and your security settings)

 

Hey there.

I'm not sure what you mean by "unblock it"?

I have never run the windows cleanup program, i did do a full windows reinstall a couple of months ago when i bought P3D.

Share this post


Link to post

Check your windows user, verify that it is in the administrators group.

Check Windows user groups/administrators, check that your user is in that group.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, kakusso said:

Check your windows user, verify that it is in the administrators group.

Check Windows user groups/administrators, check that your user is in that group.

It is indeed in that group.. :/

Share this post


Link to post

When I first installed P3D 3.4 on WIN 10 I had to manually give my user account read-write access to the main P3D folder.   P3D installed under a different account.  This could also be an issue with access to the P3D config files.

P3D V4 installed fine after that.

Cheers
bs

 

Share this post


Link to post

I had a similar issue recently that ended up being some corrupt system files. I couldn't install or uninstall ANY program, not just my flight sim stuff. I can't find exactly the tool that I used from the MS website that resolved the issue. It was some sort of system file check repair. This was on Win 10.


Chris

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    18%
    $4,720.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...