captain420

Taburet Night3D Lights compatible with P3D v4?

Does anyone use this in the new P3D v4 and is it compatible? I need something that will make night/dusk/dawn flying a little more exciting. The default lights aren't working for me at all.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I use it and i love it with the new lightning system in P3D4 

Have a look at Aerosoft Night Environment and it's big brother Black Marble (Yet to be released) as well. Historically, Aerosoft Night Environment has provided better performance to me over Taburet, hence the suggestion. 

I've been using them in P3D4 as well and they do work.  However, I've been disappointed that the draw distance isn't any better at all than it was in v3.  It just isn't far enough IMO and so far I haven't figured out a way to make it any better.

1 minute ago, krazyk said:

Have a look at Aerosoft Night Environment and it's big brother Black Marble (Yet to be released) as well. Historically, Aerosoft Night Environment has provided better performance to me over Taburet, hence the suggestion. 

Yeah, interesting product but I'm kind of over all the hype now.  They've been promising better coverage it seems like forever and still nothing.  I recall claims that they would release the entire United States by the end of 2015 and I don't think they've released a single US based product in more than a year now so I don't really pay much attention anymore.  I just can't take a product seriously if it's only California and Florida.

56 minutes ago, nhall72 said:

I've been using them in P3D4 as well and they do work.  However, I've been disappointed that the draw distance isn't any better at all than it was in v3.  It just isn't far enough IMO and so far I haven't figured out a way to make it any better.

With PTA you can expand the draw distance of nightlighting .

8 minutes ago, GSalden said:

ooh, that is nice to know. THank!

Had Night3D France installed and my frames went down from 40 to 2 below a height of 1000 ft . I don't know why, but it's definitely incompatible. I found out that all those night lighting products are more or less useless for Global/OpenLC users now anyway because of the greater visibility distance and improved night lighting of those products. Viewing distance and amount of lights is just unrealistic with Night3D or Night Environment. Only product I will always keep installed is the one for Dubai.

5 hours ago, GSalden said:

Gerard, can you please explain how to achieve that ? I have not so much time these days for trial and error so any hint is much appreciated 😀

Since avsim had this "great" idea to close PTA subforum too i have no opp to raise that question in that forum.

Thanks Bro, carsten

The PTA Subforum has been moved to Commercial Software.