Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

FlightBeam's KMSP dynamic lighting 4k images

Recommended Posts

This may be the best scenery ever produced...V4 changes everything!

The ramp lights illuminate whatever you put under them....in this case the PMDG 777F.

Also notice I caught the strobe when it flashed (just gotta hit pause real fast a few times, hehe).  See how it bounces of the static MD-11's winglet?  Nice.  Click the image to see it in 4k.

Yes..its an FPS killer right now...but I'm hoping LM gets  the dynamic lighting optimized, its simply stunning.

6AGdKn.jpg

 

The day textures are just as good!

zgfg9o.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nice shots, Steve! Thanks for sharing.

Interestingly I'm not getting any performance decrease with dynamic lights... are you running AA og AF at some special settings, since you're saying it's an 'FPS killer'?  I have just the default setting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

This may be the best scenery ever produced...V4 changes everything!

The ramp lights illuminate whatever you put under them....in this case the PMDG 777F.

Also notice I caught the strobe when it flashed (just gotta hit pause real fast a few times, hehe).  See how it bounces of the static MD-11's winglet?  Nice.  Click the image to see it in 4k.

Yes..its an FPS killer right now...but I'm hoping LM gets  the dynamic lighting optimized, its simply stunning.

6AGdKn.jpg

 

The day textures are just as good!

zgfg9o.jpg

Thank you, I am confident in buying this one now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

erestingly I'm not getting any performance decrease with dynamic lights... are you running AA og AF at some special settings, since you're saying it's an 'FPS killer'?  I have just the default setting.

Hey Anders.....its really more than just the lights at the airport, just turning on the landing lights can have an impact.  Here is a test you can try to see what I mean:

  1. Change to night
  2. Load the PMDG 747 if you have it (It has the most dynamic lighting...the splashes on the sides of the fuse are very large and cast very far.)
  3. Go to exterior view.
  4. Start spinning your view around the aircraft.
  5. Use the default CTRL+L to cycle the lights on and off.
  6. When I do this, I see a marked difference in the smoothness as the view rotates.  Micro-stutters as I pan with the lights on, smooth as butter with them off.  Also when turning while taxiing you can note the stutters.

I've tried all combos of AA and AF...none seem to make a difference.

The issue is amplified when the aircraft is under the dynamic lights in this scenery near the ramps where the lights illuminate the aircraft.   

The new FlightBeam scenery manager notes the high impact to performance with dynamic lighting:

UKuYLM.jpg

Not knocking the scenery for this of course, this is strictly an issue with the new tech and while I'm ecstatic about it....I know its something LM still has to improve (I feel they'll will as we grow with this new version)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay. I haven't tried such an extensive test. I taxied around KCLT with the 777 and the 747 with all lights on! Also taxied under lighting posts etc... I saw no (noticeable) difference... I won't say there aren't any - but I couldn't see it. Also I have no stutters. For the first time in using Prepar3D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Okay. I haven't tried such an extensive test. I taxied around KCLT with the 777 and the 747 with all lights on! Also taxied under lighting posts etc... I saw no (noticeable) difference... I won't say there aren't any - but I couldn't see it. Also I have no stutters. For the first time in using Prepar3D.

Could be our settings differences and of course hardware.

I'm on a 4970K @ 4.4ghz and a 970...the 970 may be partly to blame with the combo of running at 4k.  I also have not done much tweaking of either the sim or my system...I could probably improve my situation with aggressive tweaking (or updated system/parts). :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Okay. I haven't tried such an extensive test. I taxied around KCLT with the 777 and the 747 with all lights on! Also taxied under lighting posts etc... I saw no (noticeable) difference... I won't say there aren't any - but I couldn't see it. Also I have no stutters. For the first time in using Prepar3D.

KCLT is FSDT scenery, the one above is not KCLT, it's KMSP by FLIGHBEAM. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That maybe true, but I've tried Aerosoft Bergen (which has been updated to support Prepar3D V4 with dynamic lights) and FlyTampa EKCH (which isn't). So far, I haven't noticed any performance drop. 

I'm on a laptop with: Core i7 6700HQ and GeForce GTX1060

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have also tried with Vidan Design Billund X - no performance issues/drop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An awesome catch, Steve! :blink:
As awesome as your repaints.
And an awesome scenery, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rafal said:

An awesome catch, Steve! :blink:
As awesome as your repaints.
And an awesome scenery, I guess.

Thanks Rafal.

I've been on a break from painting....P3d V4 is just too immersive (and I was burned out after the painting all the Lufthansa 747s)

I'll eventually get back into it as I always seem to do. :smile:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this