Wise87

Are the .33 Nvida drivers still the best for 1080?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I run P3dv3.4 and used the .33 for a long time with my 2016 Titan Pascal, which is similar to the 1080i.  I now have the latest Nvidia driver and it works great--no issues at all.  Better framerates, too.  I think there's no reason to stick with the .33 now.

What is the # of the .33 driver, as well as the latest one that works great with the 1080?

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:29 AM, bjratchf said:

What is the # of the .33 driver, as well as the latest one that works great with the 1080?

385.52 is the current driver for 64 bit windows 7 and 10.  376.33 (Dec., 2016) was the best driver for P3D for a while, because some subsequent Nvidia drivers had issues.  Eventually Nvidia straightened them out. 

I have been using 382.53  WHQL with the GTX 1070 and not experiencing any issues at all, with P3D v4.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:15 AM, tamsini said:

I have been using 382.53 . . .

I'm a day late and a dollar short again :blush:

Interesting... Now I'm getting "This device NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 stopped working for the following reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG..." each time I try to start a flight

• Upvote 1

In the nVidia Control Panel, is "Power Management Mode" set to "Prefer Maximum Performance"?

Greg

2 minutes ago, lownslo said:

In the nVidia Control Panel, is "Power Management Mode" set to "Prefer Maximum Performance"?

Greg

that got switched off when I performed a "clean installation"- it reset the profile I guess. Let me give that a try. 

43 minutes ago, lownslo said:

Greg

that got switched off when I performed a "clean installation"- it reset the profile I guess. Let me give that a try. 

Update... still getting the error. Looks like I'll have to roll back.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lownslo said:

Greg

Update... still getting the error. Looks like I'll have to roll back.

update... maybe time to update to P3DV4

I updated to the latest drivers and no issues to report so far. Thanks again.

I too am getting a DXGI error with the latest driver. But only in V3 and only with FSlabs Spotlight installed. I am rolling back to go back to normal.