Kai-Uwe Wei

Liveries are damaged

hello,

the whole day I set up my new P3Dv4. In the evening I wanted to start a leg with the Queen and what happens? All liveries are damaged, even the PMDG-houses. I deinstalled the Queen and installed it again but nothing changed. The T7 looks amazingly, everything is fine there; only the Queen:mellow: What can I do now; do I have to start a ticket now?

Kai

747.jpg

By the way, this "livery" is unique I believe.:laugh:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

4 minutes ago, Kai-Uwe Wei said:

What can I do now; do I have to start a ticket now?

Not sure...

Those textures do not look like any of our textures at all. Have you attempted to do anything custom to your sim install? Are you using some sort of tool to import things into your P3Dv4 install?

Please be as specific as possible regarding your steps to getting to this point.

Yes, I used the Estonia migration tool, but only for some sceneries. For aircraft installation I switched back to P3Dv4 of course. Not sure, if there is some influence and only for the 747?

By the way: after showimg this picture above I rebooted the PC and started the sim again. Now it looks different; there is no texture at all around the aircraft!

747.jpg

Kai

Using this tool is a no-no, it's better to wait, as Robert says in his pinned post.

Are those textures from a livery downloaded and installed from within Operations Center?

2 hours ago, Kai-Uwe Wei said:

Yes, I used the Estonia migration tool, but only for some sceneries.

This tool is notorious for causing all kinds of issues. It doesn't just migrate scenery. It alters your registry, which is probably causing the issue you're seeing. Deactivate and remove it.

I have the same issue with a couple of 3rd-party liveries (some KLM and Martinair ones) and all house liveries apart from N744GE, N744PM, N744RR, N744ER (only on the 747). I think this happened with the second patch of the 747 after the initial V4 patch. You can already see them going wrong in the scenario screen. I'm not using Estonian Migration tool.

I'm also seeing some slight texture errors with GSX. Maybe it has something to do with PTA or URP, which I think I installed around the same time, but I'm not 100% sure as I was flying the 777 a lot as it was just released at that time. Restoring shaders from PTA does not have any effect.

Edited by KenVerburg
Some more details

19 minutes ago, KenVerburg said:

I have the same issue with a couple of 3rd-party liveries (some KLM and Martinair ones) and all house liveries apart from N744GE, N744PM, N744RR, N744ER (only on the 747). I think this happened with the second patch of the 747 after the initial V4 patch. You can already see them going wrong in the scenario screen. I'm not using Estonian Migration tool.

I'm also seeing some slight texture errors with GSX. Maybe it has something to do with PTA or URP, which I think I installed around the same time, but I'm not 100% sure as I was flying the 777 a lot as it was just released at that time. Restoring shaders from PTA does not have any effect.

Now that you mention GSX, the odd texture swap in OPs first pic looks like push back trucks, maybe a GSX texture issue?

9 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

It alters your registry,

Yes, but only for the time when it is enabled. I checked the registry, folders like programdata and appdata-roaming: everything is clean. I can verify this very good with FTX central: is EMT enabled, I can choose between four sims (three faked sims in this case). I never used them of course! Disabling EMT let these entries vanish; FTXC starts directely to its main UI, because there is one sim only present..

The words from Ken are very interesting. In the beginning my Queen was out of errors too. It is not unlikely that these livery-errors were coming after the fix played in by the OC.

P.S. I just remembered when I installed the Queen the first time in P3Dv4 it was side by side installed with V3; I set the point in the two sims for installing. P3Dv3 is deinstalled now. 

Kai

11 minutes ago, Kai-Uwe Wei said:

Yes, but only for the time when it is enabled. I checked the registry, folders like programdata and appdata-roaming: everything is clean. I can verify this very good with FTX central: is EMT enabled, I can choose between four sims (three faked sims in this case). I never used them of course! Disabling EMT let these entries vanish; FTXC starts directely to its main UI, because there is one sim only present..

The words from Ken are very interesting. In the beginning my Queen was out of errors too. It is not unlikely that these livery-errors were coming after the fix played in by the OC.

Kai

I think the fact you're attempting to install incompatible addons from a 32 bit sim into a 64 bit sim is where your problems lie. That is always going to end in problems. PMDG have been saying for as long as I can remember that ANY migration tool is a bad idea. Any tool that forces an incompatible product into a sim is going to end in problems. My guess? You've got some corruption somewhere in your P3D install caused by this tool.

You might find this post handy:

Thanks for your opinion, I'll try a ticket. I can't agree with you; the T7 works without any problems..

Kai

8 minutes ago, Kai-Uwe Wei said:

Thanks for your opinion, I'll try a ticket. I can't agree with you; the T7 works without any problems..

Kai

I'll quote Robert from PMDG (and you'll get the same response to your ticket):

Do NOT install aircraft, scenery, utilities into Prepar3D v4 that were not designed using the Prepar3D v4 SDK.  (Re-read that sentence it is important!) 

Do NOT force Prepar3D v4 to utilize scenery that you previously had installed for Prepar3D v3, FSX, FSX-SE (or yes… XPL!  )

Do NOT use utilities designed to allow you to “unify” your installations by feeding non-Prepar3D v4 scenery/utilities into Prepar3D v4.

I'm very dilligent with only installing V4 stuff into P3D V4, although it's impossible to know (as a user) if it was designed with the V4 SDK. Pretty sure the FlyTampa sceneries are not for example, but then the 747 was running fine after I installed those. I'm also not using EMT since version V2. So I'm more suspicious of the second 747 patch, Ultimate Realism Pack, PTA or GSX.

1 minute ago, KenVerburg said:

I'm very dilligent with only installing V4 stuff into P3D V4, although it's impossible to know (as a user) if it was designed with the V4 SDK. Pretty sure the FlyTampa sceneries are not for example, but then the 747 was running fine after I installed those. I'm also not using EMT since version V2. So I'm more suspicious of the second 747 patch, Ultimate Realism Pack, PTA or GSX.

Are the PMDG-made liveries okay? Is it just 3rd party liveries? If so, I'm guessing your issue lies with the livery itself?

No, a lot of the PMDG house liveries have issues, but not with the rogue texture, you see the chairs in the cabin and wing textures missing, etc. In the scenario Window GSX is not loaded I think, but it might have screwed with some textures maybe. Only house livery N744GE, N744PM, N744RR, N744ER are working (I think they're always installed the same for everyone?). And then some BA ones and KLM ones.

Maybe it has to do with certain 747 types that have the issue. I will cross-reference them with the 3rd party liveries that have issues.

I will also try uninstalling the 747 and GSX and see if I can get it back to working and then see when it breaks again. I guess the V4 hotfix (coming this week?) might also reset some stuff.

I will not be able to do this until after I get back from work (about 10 hours from now)

• Upvote 1

Yes, the same for me like with Ken. I can see the interieur of the cabin, so as if the planetextur is translucent. But with all liveries, house and third-party. Just did a repairinstallation of P3D but with no success. I'll wait for the hotfix too before I decide to set up the sim again.

Kai

The textures applied to simobject models, e.g. aircraft, can be easily corrupted in P3D by incorrectly layering of landclass files and global texture filenames that are not unique.  I've run into this exact problem.  First get rid of the EMT. Ugh!

Tried uninstalling GSX and reinstalling the 747, both had no effect on the issue.

Now I have installed P3D V4 hotfix 1 client, content and scenery, reinstalled Orbx Global (as it gets overwritten) and then reinstalled the 747 and the issue is resolved. Also still resolved after installing the latest 747 update. 777 was and is fine.

Reinstalled GSX, still fine.

Re-applied the PTA preset, also fine.

So no idea where it actually has gone wrong, but it must be some texture that was overwritten or got corrupted. At least happy I managed to fix it this way and with all of LM's efforts to place config stuff outside the P3D directory, relatively painless.

2 hours ago, KenVerburg said:

Tried uninstalling GSX and reinstalling the 747, both had no effect on the issue.

Now I have installed P3D V4 hotfix 1 client, content and scenery, reinstalled Orbx Global (as it gets overwritten) and then reinstalled the 747 and the issue is resolved. Also still resolved after installing the latest 747 update. 777 was and is fine.

Reinstalled GSX, still fine.

Re-applied the PTA preset, also fine.

So no idea where it actually has gone wrong, but it must be some texture that was overwritten or got corrupted. At least happy I managed to fix it this way and with all of LM's efforts to place config stuff outside the P3D directory, relatively painless.

Glad it worked out for you, I'm guessing something somewhere along the line got corrupted or overwritten.

The Queen is back again, in her full beauty; for me too. I did a freh P3D-installation, with hotfix and the EMT is banned from my HD now. Thanks for your inputs!

Kai