Sign in to follow this  
mike4370

737 ngx for p3d v4

I see that the 737 is out for p3d v4. in the operations center it says i have the ngx installed in p3d v3 and to use my installer to install into p3d v4 but when i run the installer it only gives me the option to modify, repair or unistall and nothing about installing into v4. I've tried all three options and i cant install it into p3d v4. am i missing something?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes. You miss the installer for v4 from PMDG itself. Try to download the last version from you account (but i guess, it is not out yet).

6 minutes ago, mike4370 said:

I see that the 737 is out for p3d v4. in the operations center it says i have the ngx installed in p3d v3 and to use my installer to install into p3d v4 but when i run the installer it only gives me the option to modify, repair or unistall and nothing about installing into v4. I've tried all three options and i cant install it into p3d v4. am i missing something?

Welcome to the forum. Please ensure that your full name - first and last - is included in your future posts.

And yes - the presence of the aircraft in the Operations Center does not mean that it is available yet for download. We always get the OC ready for the aircraft before releasing the aircraft. We make very clear posts (and OC notifications) when the product is ready.

• Upvote 1

oh ok, because i also redownloaded the installer from my account today and that didnt work either so good, im glad at least i wasn't doing something incorrectly

Patience is the key word. The forum is swarmed by unnecessary topics. It should be blocked by admins.

2 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

Patience is the key word. The forum is swarmed by unnecessary topics. It should be blocked by admins.

Eh...better to leave it open for people to post, and not unnecessarily restrict discussions. It would be nice if people looked first, but it's not too much trouble to just link to an existing answer, or copy/paste.

• Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Eh...better to leave it open for people to post, and not unnecessarily restrict discussions. It would be nice if people looked first, but it's not too much trouble to just link to an existing answer, or copy/paste.

+1 to that

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, jpkosta said:

Any estimated date for release of NGX for v4?

No, but we're still well in the expected time window

PMDG 737NGX:

• This product will enter testing on 02JUL17
  • The current expectation is to release between 06UL-15JUL, depending upon how smoothly final testing goes.
  • Special Anti-Dumb-Question-Note: Testing/Release of this product has nothing to do with the 77W...

Welcome to the forums, by the way.

Hmmm, There is an update just now for all PMDG aircraft in the operations center. It includes one for PMDG 737-8900 NGX Base Package and Expansion. Version is v1.20.8389.

In the changelog is this: 

CHANGE LOG RTM 1.20.8389

- 0000000: Initial compatibility release for Prepar3D v4.

- VARIOUS: Two years of accumulated minor changes from Prepar3D v3 versions since previous update. Complete list may be released at later date.

- VARIOUS: Product efficiencies and improvements.

So is it out now? :biggrin:

-Keem Cervano

Trying to re-download the installer from my account... We'll see. I haven't gotten the update, since I scrapped Prepar3D V3 :biggrin:

Sooo - thanks for the heads-up!

36 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

Hmmm, There is an update just now for all PMDG aircraft in the operations center. It includes one for PMDG 737-8900 NGX Base Package and Expansion. Version is v1.20.8389.

In the changelog is this: 

So is it out now? :biggrin:

-Keem Cervano

What does the change logs say for the 744 and 77L/77W?

11 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Here it is:

PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - Build 3.00.8382 (Released 11JUL17)

- 0000000: [Installers] - Updated installer to better handle run prerequisites, repair and modification capability. (rsrandazzo)

- 0000000: [General] - Eliminated a potential CTD based on drive location and pathing data (abashkatov)

- 0000000: [General] - Optimization.

- 0000000: [General] - Improvements to dynamic lighting.

Curious about that 4th item. Hope it improves FPS for the users who are having problems. Cant test right now as im flying the NGX lol.

-Keem Cervano

14 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Right here:

For the 747-400/ER/M/D/F

PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - Build 3.00.8382 (Released 11JUL17) [ View Issues ]

• [Installers] - Updated installer to better handle run prerequisites, repair and modification capability. (rsrandazzo)
  • [General] - Eliminated a potential CTD based on drive location and pathing data (abashkatov)
  • [General] - Optimization. - 0000000: [General] - Improvements to dynamic lighting.

For the 777-200LR/F and 777-300ER

BUILD 1.10.8386 (Released 11JUL17) 
=====================================================

• [Installers] - Updated installer to better handle run prerequisites, repair and modification capability. (rsrandazzo)
  • [General] - Eliminated a potential CTD based on drive location and pathing data (abashkatov)
  • [General] - Optimization.
  • [General] - Improvements to dynamic lighting.

• Upvote 1

P3Dv4 is all what the doctor orders lately, and he sure's right.  (Ok, XPlane11 is nice too. There, there). I have P3Dv2, v3 and now v4 but still my main flightsim has always been FSX. And thus, for all these years, i have been flying the 737NGX in FSX. 

IMHO P3Dv4 is the upmost best thing that ever happend to us flightsimmers ( Ok, XPLane11 is best too), commending FSX/P3Dv3 to the flightsim dungeons forever. So what now ?.... Are we poor NGX pilots that stayed loyal to FSX left out of this "64bit celebration" that is the release of the P3Dv4 compatible PMDG 737NGX ?  Are we being punished for staying with FSX and pay the price (again...) ??.... 

It very much looks like it but i can't help wondering if it's fair... 

cheers,
jan 

how do i download it from aerosoft as it just says PMDG- 737 NGX FSX or PMDG 737 NG 800/900

5 minutes ago, jamesodowd said:

how do i download it from aerosoft as it just says PMDG- 737 NGX FSX or PMDG 737 NG 800/900

Review Robert's pinned announcement post in the general forum. Aerosoft will not receive the new installers till Wednesday.

1 hour ago, PMDG777 said:

Review Robert's pinned announcement post in the general forum. Aerosoft will not receive the new installers till Wednesday.

Today is Wednesday lol