Sign in to follow this  
fmax130

Problems loading Reshade in X-Plane 11

Hi,

i´m trying to use Reshade, but unfortunately i can`t load it in X-Plane 11. I follow all the instructions of the installation, copy all reshade files to XP11 main folder and check that all the paths for shaders and textures are correct, but when i press Shift+F2 in XP11 nothing happens. Please can you help me to solve this issue?

1 hour ago, bonchie said:

Reshade is bugged in XP11

There is another way to improve graphics in XP11?

ReShade works fine with X-Plane. Though I recommend using 3.0.4 as that's the last good version, everything after just introduced weird artifacts when using some of the shaders; http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/36509-reshade-version-304-xp11/ -- Just make sure you change the shader / texture path in the settings, as they point to the uploader's paths. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

11 hours ago, fmax130 said:

There is another way to improve graphics in XP11?

MaxxFX (about 20 bucks) and BluFX (free, better interface, though doesn't have film grain / noise) will do the job, however "improving" depends on your settings (less is more!), you can easily make X-Plane look like shite, too. Take all MaxxFX presets for example, they look like a blind man created them. The only thing that's exclusive to Reshade is sharpening, if you need that.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

9 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

ReShade works fine with X-Plane. Though I recommend using 3.0.4 as that's the last good version, everything after just introduced weird artifacts when using some of the shaders; http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/36509-reshade-version-304-xp11/ -- Just make sure you change the shader / texture path in the settings, as they point to the uploader's paths. 

Don't you get a crash on exiting XP11 when using the reshade in your link?

2 hours ago, jenxy said:

Don't you get a crash on exiting XP11 when using the reshade in your link?

The said version crashes on exit, just not all the time. It's possible to exit X-Plane 5 times with no issues, only for it to crash on the 6th exit.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Mine crashes every time upon exiting!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

1 hour ago, pugilist2 said:

Mine crashes every time upon exiting!

Well crashing on exit is better than crashing during flight. I like what reshade does, so it's worth the crash. I''m sure it'll get fixed soon enough.

I use a batch file which terminates x-plane.exe. Thus I end the sim with a click on that batch file. Better than having to go through the task manager. 

• Upvote 1

Hans

11 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

I use a batch file which terminates x-plane.exe. Thus I end the sim with a click on that batch file. Better than having to go through the task manager. 

A simmer here suggested that we disable reshade then exit the sim. I tried, but it still leads to an XP 11 not responding result.

Is there a way to completely disable reshade before exiting or can you share how you created the batch file?

Thanks.

jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The batchfile is named killxplane.bat and contains the command Taskkill /IM X-Plane.exe /f

I then created a shortcut to that batch file on my desktop. The target is: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C C:\Users\[YOURUSER]\Desktop\killxplane.bat.

Pin the shortcut to the taskbar and one click closes down x-plane instantly. 

• Upvote 2

Hans

17 hours ago, bonchie said:

Try bluFX

Does most of the same stuff.

Thanks, i will try bluFX