Zeuss_1238

Morse code

26 posts in this topic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 minute ago, Zeuss_1238 said:

how do I disable it? 

Turn off the nav ident, or marker on the audio control panel (make sure it's for the nav radio and not one of the comm radios). It will be lit up with a white light, though it's more likely that you have an errant key command that activated it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Turn off the nav ident, or marker on the audio control panel (make sure it's for the nav radio and not one of the comm radios). It will be lit up with a white light, though it's more likely that you have an errant key command that activated it.

Thanks! Will try on my next flight, it usually turns on on approach

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Turn off the nav ident, or marker on the audio control panel (make sure it's for the nav radio and not one of the comm radios). It will be lit up with a white light, though it's more likely that you have an errant key command that activated it.

Jumped into the 777 and there are lights at all but the morse code is still beeping like crazy, now it started beeping on takeoff :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zeuss_1238 said:

Jumped into the 777 and there are lights at all but the morse code is still beeping like crazy, now it started beeping on takeoff :(

If it's only on approach and departure, then it's likely the marker audio, as markers are only located near runways.

I'd check to ensure that you don't have a key command assigned to the marker audio on/off in the sim itself, and not specifically the 777. All the same, look on the ACP for MKR and confirm that it is not lit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you loading a default aircraft first, then loading the 777? Sometimes if one of the NAV Ident buttons on the audio panel of the default aircraft is "on", that will carry over to a complex add-on like the 777, when it is subsequently loaded.

Load whatever aircraft you are using for your default flight, and insure that all NAV buttons are "off" on its audio panel - especially the one for "DME" (if present), since the 737/747/777 do not have a specific ident function for DME audio, but many of the default aircraft do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you misunderstood what scandinavian13 said, the lights should be OFF, if the light is ON at the switch that means it's enabled/audible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, molleh said:

I think you misunderstood what scandinavian13 said, the lights should be OFF, if the light is ON at the switch that means it's enabled/audible.

all the lights are off but the morse code keeps coming

anything else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now