Sign in to follow this  
w_pienaar

PMDG 737 NGX - Boxed version update issues

The latest updates for the boxed version of the PMDG 737NGX does not install correctly.

Initiating the install takes me through the process of uninstalling the current boxed version of the NGX. The next step is installing the latest version (The 1st 50% of the installation bar just flashes by - the 2nd 50% takes a minute or to to install). The Operations manager then opens up allowing me to install some liveries where after the installation finishes "successfully".

When starting FSX and selecting an aircraft only one entry for the PMDG 737 NGX is listed. The entry only displays the default FSX Icon. When loading the aircraft, the virtual cockpit seems fine bot only a "Framework" of the aircraft is visible from an external view.

Exiting FSX and opening the Operations Manager indicates that the PMDG 737 NGX is not installed.

I have repeated this install several times, even reverting back to the boxed version install and upgrading it with the latest version but all to no avail. The end result remains exactly the same.

P.S. I have also updated the PMDG777 last night. The installation process went trough exactly the same steps and motions but in this case everything installed successfully and The aircraft loads/displays correctly..

I have subsequently reported this issue to Aerosoft (seeing that is where I had to obtain the boxed version's update from) and am still waiting their response.

I have now reverted to the original boxed version and successfully re-installed the liveries with the Operations Manager.

Am I the only one with this issue? Is there a way toe work around this as I would dearly like to upgrade my boxed version of the PMDG 737 NGX to the newly released version?

Eagerly awaiting your response.

Willem Pienaar .

Willem, if I recall correctly, there was a reply from Kyle(PMDG staffer) that they had not yet released the latest version to Aerosoft for the Boxed Versions, or something akin to that.

2 hours ago, w_pienaar said:

The latest updates for the boxed version of the PMDG 737NGX does not install correctly.

Initiating the install takes me through the process of uninstalling the current boxed version of the NGX. The next step is installing the latest version (The 1st 50% of the installation bar just flashes by - the 2nd 50% takes a minute or to to install). The Operations manager then opens up allowing me to install some liveries where after the installation finishes "successfully".

When starting FSX and selecting an aircraft only one entry for the PMDG 737 NGX is listed. The entry only displays the default FSX Icon. When loading the aircraft, the virtual cockpit seems fine bot only a "Framework" of the aircraft is visible from an external view.

Exiting FSX and opening the Operations Manager indicates that the PMDG 737 NGX is not installed.

I have repeated this install several times, even reverting back to the boxed version install and upgrading it with the latest version but all to no avail. The end result remains exactly the same.

P.S. I have also updated the PMDG777 last night. The installation process went trough exactly the same steps and motions but in this case everything installed successfully and The aircraft loads/displays correctly..

I have subsequently reported this issue to Aerosoft (seeing that is where I had to obtain the boxed version's update from) and am still waiting their response.

I have now reverted to the original boxed version and successfully re-installed the liveries with the Operations Manager.

Am I the only one with this issue? Is there a way toe work around this as I would dearly like to upgrade my boxed version of the PMDG 737 NGX to the newly released version?

Eagerly awaiting your response.

Willem Pienaar .

Some things to try while you wait for a response from Aerosoft:

Disable your AV when you install

Redownload the installer, you might have a corrupt download

Run the installer as admin

I did the upgrade a few days ago without any problems.  Upgrade from Aerosoft, uninstalled old version using the installer radio button then went through the install and using the operations center reinstalled the liveries.  No hitches!

Bob Palmer

Bob Palmer

I don't know whether it's an issue or not, but rather than using the new installer to uninstall the old version, I would use the installer from the old one. Or, better yet, I'd just uninstall from the Add/Remove Programs page in the Control Panel.

Walter Meier

1 hour ago, wsmeier said:

Or, better yet, I'd just uninstall from the Add/Remove Programs page in the Control Panel.

This ^

Kyle Rodgers

I've read in the AS forum it will be available today.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png