Sign in to follow this  
mgh

Beware of pcaviator.com !! (and please help me)

Guest TC-BUG

Hello all,sorry I could not really find the appropriate forum for this post.I am very ###### right now.I live in Turkey and 3 days ago I ordered ch yoke + pedals from pcaviator.com http://www.pcaviator.com/shop/viewAProduct.php?pid=402It cost me 410 dollars with 160 dollars of shipping.Today it came to Turkey and now it is stuck at the customs and they are expecting me to pay 400 dollars more to remove it.The reason is while processing my order,I chose ups worldwide express for shipping.But instead they shipped me via Fedex !.The biggest thing is that they didn't even include an original bill with the products.They only put a copy of the bill inside.So customs took it and won't let it out.Fedex is requesting around 200 dollars in addition to 400 dollars customs tax.So now I am supposed to pay 600 more dollars for a product that is 250 dollars.I can't even return it.Fedex asks me 300 dollars to return it,plus my 400 dollars will be history.No money back,if I want to return it I'll pay 700 dollars in total,if I want to have them,I'll have to pay 1000 dollars.I am not actually hoping for a refund,because I emailed them several times and they never bothered to answer back.I don't think they'll refund me either.So this is what kind of a situation I am in now,you might guess how ###### I am at the website.They never answered any of my emails,before and after purchase.What do you propose I should do?I am so desperate right now.Please help guys.And the thing is,if they had shipped via ups and had included the original bill,none of this would have happened.

Guest azflyboy

Wow, sorry to hear about your horrible situation.Did you pay with a credit card? I don't know how it works in Turkey, but in the US, you can call a credit card company and request a chargeback (a reversal/removal of a charge from your account) if you do not receive the promised goods or services. In my experience, credit card companies will proivde you with a chargeback as long as you don't request them frequently.If you paid with some kind of online system like paypal(shudder), you can go through them and try and request a refund, since most of them at least claim to offer a refund or "money back guarantee" system.

simple, no?...dont pay anything...just leave it sit there and dont try to collect it...then tell the vendor he needs to issue a refund and if he refuses simply have your crediting bank deny the initial sales charge. Dont allow yourself to become the victim here, forget the product...doesnt sound like its worth the trouble.Dave

Guest TC-BUG

Yes I paid with a credit card though haven't asked the bank yet they are closed at the moment and will be until monday.Right now I can do nothing but wait,and get ###### more and more.I email them and every time they send me an automated message like they are mocking me.Argh I want to kill them.Let this be a lesson to us all and please do not shop from them.They do not even include the bill with the products.What bunch of as##&# ....

Guest TC-BUG

Can't let it sit there because for everyday it sits at the customs,fedex charges me some amount.So if I am not picking it for a long time they'll get my credit card information from the website and charge it themselves.I can't make the bank stop this from happening.I am in a pretty f**ed up situation right now,fedex is such a company that traps you in every corner.I have to do something or everyday this is getting more expensive for me.Argh what the #### was I thinking for ordering these.I could live without them.why why why .... :(((((((((

Major Major mistake to not use DHL for international. I work for DHL and our worldwide international service is second to none, especially in the Middle East and East Med.Anyway...lets digest the charges. Fedex wants 200 dollars (US dollars Im assuming.). Is this for their transportation services? What exactly? Be specific. Are they including customs clearance in the fees? By Bill...do you mean commercial invoice for the goods? You need this to show value for which customs duty should based. I would be surprised if the customs duty is twice the value of the goods. When you ordered the goods (Im assuming online..) did you get a proforma invoice including shipping charges by email? Print that. It may suffice as a commercial invoice. Also you will know what you are responsible for vs Fedex. Your problem is Fedex. Ask Pcaviator for a duplicate copy of the commercial invoice. Also, talk to customs directly. Fedex is apparently talking to customs and treating you like a powerless private citizen...which happens all the time.Good luck,Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest TC-BUG

200 dollars is ,100 dollars for all the documents of customs,60 dollars for keeping the product at the customs during the weekend and today(friday),I forgot what the other 40 dollars was for but it was something like this,something about customs.By bill,I mean the receipt that has the products and the price when you shop from some place.They didn't include the original receipt but instead they placed a fotocopy of it.So customs won't count this as real.Turkish taxes are pretty high,and they can ask pretty much high prices.Customs tax is usually higher than the price of the product.I heard a friend had a blank cdrw (blank recordable cd) stuck in the customs,it is 1 dollar or something and they asked him 1700 dollars to free it.I woulk ask pcaviator but they don't reply to anything.I don't think there's someone taking care of emails.You only receive the same automated reply for every email you sent.Fedex offers me 2 choices.I can let fedex do everything and then pay 200 dollars for documents and 400 dollars customs tax which is a total of 600 dollars,or even way I pay them 200 dollars for documents,then I go to the customs myself and do it.Even way,I have to pay them 200 dollars for the documents.I am really stuck between fedex and pcaviator and I am a victim here.Wish I had been offered the DHL option but pcaviator only offers UPS for worldwide shipping,but they do not care whatever you choose,I chose ups and they shipped via fedex and this is why all this is happening in the first place.They do not care what selection I make.They do what they wish to do.I wanted UPS not Fedex...

Guest Vilk

i'm with the hardliners :-) don't pay a penny. have all charges reversed. don't even talk to those guys--now that you're looking at $1000 total they will talk you into paying "just" $800 and you will feel happy you got away so cheaply... for a day :-(

Guest azflyboy

Reversing the charges will not only get you your money back, but it will very likley get a response from PC Avaitior. Once the charges are reversed, they will be out considerable sum you paid for the hardware (gotta love credit cards), and won't even have the hardware to make up for the $410 that they won't have anymore. I think that a loss of that amount of money should get the attention of someone at PC Aviator.I would reccomend stil getting hardware, but if at all possible, get it directly from CH. They're cheaper than PC Avaitor (unless PCA has a really good deal), and their support has been nothing but superb. I have had a set of CH pedals for three years, and when the right brake axis went out, they fixed it for free (I paid shipping both ways), even though it was out of warranty.

Sorry you're having this difficulty..... :(I'm in Canada, and only troubles I've had with PC Aviator is with the US Postal Service losing one snailmail money order, and failing to leave them notice of an expresspost money order (resulting in it being returned to sender, making me pay an additional $10 in return postage and another $10 to send it again...).. I may not have had a smooth purchasing experience with them yet, but every single time, my problem has been with the US Postal Service failing to get my payment there, and not with PC Aviator. Every time, once they did finally receive my payment, my order was shipped as soon as the products were received. I did have to pay some customs fees for my yoke/throttle quad/pedals that I ordered from them, but nowhere even close to what you're experiencing (but maybe that's just a difference in Canadian customs vs. Turkey....)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest TC-BUG

Well I had been talking to someone from CH before but buying both yoke and rudder from CH is 50 dollars expensive,they are 300 dollars but pcaviator sells them for 250.Yes indeed CH has a wonderful costumer relations.But I don't think I'll order them again if this issue is solved.I can't take any other problem because the customs in this country is stupid as ####,some guy who is not worth a penny decides whether the product goes in or is stuck in the customs.It works in the most stupid way.And yes Canada is much better than Turkey,well every country is much better than Turkey for customs.If this was coming via usps or ups I was not going to have any problem at all.The biggest problem is they shipped via fedex even though I chose ups and they caused all this.

"Can't let it sit there because for everyday it sits at the customs,fedex charges me some amount.So if I am not picking it for a long time they'll get my credit card information from the website and charge it themselves."This sounds very suspect- FedEx should not have your credit card number, only the vendor- and so they (FDX) should not be able to access your account and accumulate charges. If FDX are charging the vendor and you believe that the vendor might charge your account for them, then that is even more of a reason to act quickly to cancel this transaction with your credit card vendor.Are you sure you don't have a phone number on the back of your card (like for lost or stolen cards)? If you do, I would call that number and go at it. You really want to distance yourself from these outragious charges (and the product in question) as soon as you can. Good luck. I too have never had issues with this vendor, but that doesn't excuse them in this instance.Bruce.

I'm sorry to hear you are having troubles. :( I don't think you can blame PC Aviator for this. It wouldn't have mattered if they came via UPS, USPS or FedEx, you would still be required to pay any Customs Fee and Tax your Govt decides to impose.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

It's not PC Aviator's fault. This is exactly the reason why it's not a good idea to buy stuff from overseas, especially not expensive stuff. I've had this happen too, but the fee was not that high since the order was only worth $50 or so. A friend of mine bought a videocard online from the US thinking it would be cheaper - guess what? It ended up being quite a bit more expensive than it would have been to buy it at the EU ripoff price instead.Also, PC Aviator is very bad at answering emails. They have an international number somewhere on their website. Call them, they're very helpful actually, once you get hold of an actual human being :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest delta_one

I think the best bet is to contact your credit card issuer after the weekend to dispute the transaction. the fact that pcaviator do not respond to email communication will strengthen your case against them with the bank. just one question: if it had been shipped via ups worldwide, do turkey customs let it in the country free of charges? as customs have rejected the copy invoice and assessed their value for the goods and FedEx are to fault for that.