Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

VOXATC for P3Dv4!

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

For an ATC program, sounding and acting realistically, after trying every one, I prefer PF3. The 140+ voices really do it for me. 

Oh Bob, and there I thought you were going to chime in and say VATSIM trumps them all :)

Just now, ErichB said:

Oh Bob, and there I thought you were going to chime in and say VATSIM trumps them all :)

Well actually, I have about 30+ hours on Vatsim already . I learned to use Accumap before I fly, to see who is controlling, what level they are, and listen to their voice first before starting a flight. Instructor controllers are the best, If I get a controller that has a poor mic, or mumbles, I immediately ask for text.  I also split my audio so that Vatsim comes through my headset and the sim audio via my speakers. Working really good.  

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I also split my audio so that Vatsim comes through my headset and the sim audio via my speakers. 

That's very important - almost essential

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

That's very important - almost essential

I didn't have a USB headset Y'ed into my PC audio out jack along with my speakers, so everything was coming out of the headset. , so I ordered on Amazon, a USB adapter that connects to a headset. Costs about $8 and works perfectly.    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N905VOY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 10/10/2017 at 11:37 AM, Travelling_Wilbury said:

Thanks for the link, but I'm still none the wiser! :smile:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

On 10/10/2017 at 1:03 PM, Bobsk8 said:

For an ATC program, sounding and acting realistically, after trying every one, I prefer PF3. The 140+ voices really do it for me. 

Hey Bob... one downside I see, from what I've read, that unlike VoxATC, it doesn't run AI traffic (?) Do you know if it plays nice with P3D V4?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

5 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Hey Bob... one downside I see, from what I've read, that unlike VoxATC, it doesn't run AI traffic (?) Do you know if it plays nice with P3D V4?

Should work fine with V4, although I am still using Version 3.4 for other reasons, and probably will for the foreseeable future. 

13 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Should work fine with V4, although I am still using Version 3.4 for other reasons, and probably will for the foreseeable future. 

But if it doesn't control AI, is the same old problem still evident where aircraft are using wrong runways, or coming out in front of you etc?

Howard

How the sim plays out with Traffic is due to the weather, winds mostly. The aircraft "landing the wrong way" is landing into the wind, so plans and third party ATC needs to work according to that. Turn off Ai traffic and winds altogether so that landings can be made in the directions according to third party plans and ATC..

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

13 minutes ago, SteveW said:

How the sim plays out with Traffic is due to the weather, winds mostly. The aircraft "landing the wrong way" is landing into the wind, so plans and third party ATC needs to work according to that. Turn off Ai traffic and winds altogether so that landings can be made in the directions according to third party plans and ATC..

If only we could get an updated SDK to address this nonsense..

S.

Only way to "drive" ATC is feed in the weather to invoke the desired response.

3 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Only way to "drive" ATC is feed in the weather to invoke the desired response.

I know is like move the mountain not the plane,ridiculous.

S.

I suppose there could be ways made available to take control of ATC in the future. In fairness the ATC and AI system is limited and offers no published way to do that. The runway selection from the environmental criteria is good and hard to predict without the sim running.

17 minutes ago, simbol said:

I know is like move the mountain not the plane,ridiculous.

S.

Of course your view is that you want to program it to do more clever stuff. :cool:

So it might be neat to have weather generated depending on a desired runway we want to try out.

2 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Of course your view is that you want to program it to do more clever stuff. :cool:

So it might be neat to have weather generated depending on a desired runway we want to try out.

I guess I could generate tornados to close runways at will, just imagine the results :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

• Upvote 1