Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Black Marble Daytime Florida KMIA/KFLL

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on my flightdeck, but I was to get this video online so you can see the road textures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg7mXZcI34k

• Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Thank you very much for taking the time Mike! :ampun:
i hope this will satisfy the few remaining skeptics :sleep:

I would just like to get a good explanation of exactly what Black Marble (and Blue Marble) really is. I'm a little confused from looking at the website.  And what exactly are you getting with the subscription?

Hi Robert,

we have a forum (see my sig) you can find most of the answers to your questions there;
if not feel free to open a thread with your questions,

1 hour ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on my flightdeck, but I was to get this video online so you can see the road textures.

It's a little hard to see but, first blush, I'd say they look okay.  I think I, finally, get what these products do, and how they complement each other.

I asked a question on the other thread and thought I'd ask it here:  Does Black Marble show lights further in the distance?  E.g. if you're flying off the coast, do they make the lights visible further out...like 10 miles?  On a clear night down low, you should be able to see 20-30 miles or more depending on conditions.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi Everyone,

Mike,

Nice to see you posting over here again.  Your contributions have been missed. :smile:

blaustern

• Upvote 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

9 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Does Black Marble show lights further in the distance?

it does show lights further but that is very much hardware dependent!
technically speaking Black Marble cannot exceed the native LC LOD radius the way Night Environment does,

Hi Everyone,

So that's what it looks like, when computers crash in a Boeing 737! 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

3 hours ago, Bluestar said:

Mike,

Nice to see you posting over here again.  Your contributions have been missed. :smile:

blaustern

Hi,

Just posting to help out Chris, it's a short stay.

• Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

2 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

So that's what it looks like, when computers crash in a Boeing 737! 

YES... and then we blame Bill Gates! 8-)

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

YES... and then we blame Bill Gates! 8-)

Oh, don't we always? :laugh:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471