Sign in to follow this  
Amrick615

No takeoff clearance

Hello all!

I am using the demo version of VOXATC 7.4, and so far when I hold short of the runway i want to takeoff on I get no takeoff clearance whatsoever. The only time it ever worked was the very first time I flew with this demo (yesterday) from Las Vegas. I tried flying out of KSAN and KOAK, and everything is great from IFR clearance to taxiing to hold short. Then, the ATC guidance just stops for my aircraft. 

What is causing this and how can I fix it? On a side note, I use the Steam Edition for FSX

Thank you in advance

Have you tried advancing the aircraft a little bit? I had this issue with v6 sometimes because VOX sometimes requires you to be closer to the runway than the holding line. Don't know if that's still a thing in v7 though.. It could also be that some AI is coming in and you have to wait for a couple of minutes?

I tried advancing forward with that thought in mind, and there were no other landing traffic. Simply, the conditions were in my favor but the ATC just didnt register my aircraft as such. 

Try turning around and coming back into the hold point again.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

what was the scenery (dep airport) you were using?

Vox can only be as good as the scenery and navdata youre using.  If the scenery afcad is not constructed correctly it can affect how Vox works obviously.  I'm not saying it is this but to troubleshoot the prob we'd need to try to recreate your exact situation :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I firgured that might be an issue, however after making sure my addon sceneries are in order the problem is still present. Could this be something with the order of scenery priority in the scenery library ssettings? 

8 minutes ago, Amrick615 said:

I firgured that might be an issue, however after making sure my addon sceneries are in order the problem is still present. Could this be something with the order of scenery priority in the scenery library ssettings? 

There supposedly is a correction to the way that the VOXATC Indexer "layers" scenery in its database that will be included in the next update. This update will also allow the Indexer to find P3d4 components installed via the add-on.xml method. The updated Indexer may also properly recognize  airports compiled with the P3d4 SDK, although that feature is not a certainty and may happen via a future update. The latter change is needed because for P3d4 LM revised the way that taxiways and runways are referenced in airport BGL files. If one tries to fly to an airport compiled with the P3d4 SDK, VOXATC will generate an error message that the destination airport does not have a valid runway.

I used to have this problem during my very early days with VoxATC where I didn't get take-off clearance. I edited the airport's AFCAD & adjusted the holding points (technically it shouldn't have mattered as I only move them a bit). I also remove extra nodes in taxiways leading up to the runway. After doing all of this, VoxATC has consistently given me takeoff clearance for this airport.

I also tried a few other airports (stock as well as freeware) and I didn't see this problem.

One thing to check: Do you have taxi guidance enabled? If so, does it light up all the way to the holding point (the holding point will be indicated in bright red). Assuming you are tuned to tower frequency when you are close to the holding point, VoxATC should call out your call-sign acknowledging that it has you in slot for takeoff.